Hose for Haier 50-pint dehumidifier (2023 Update)

My Haier 50-pint dehumidifier fills up very quickly, so I'd like to drain it with a hose. I tried a standard 5/8-inch garden hose, which is close, but doesn't fit. What hose do I need for this?

Reply to
Anonymous

Sure thing, it sounds like you're having trouble finding the right hose for your Haier 50-pint dehumidifier. No worries, I've got you covered! Here's what you need to know:

  • Identify the drain hose port: The first step is to locate the drain hose port on your dehumidifier. It's usually located at the back of the unit and is designed to connect to a hose for continuous draining.
  • Check the port size: The size of the port will determine what size hose you need. Most dehumidifier ports are 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch.
  • Get the right size hose: Based on the size of the port, you'll want to get a hose that fits snugly. You mentioned that a standard 5/8-inch garden hose wasn't a perfect fit, so it sounds like you might need a smaller size hose. I'd recommend checking with a hardware store for hoses in the 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch range.

Here's a list of tools and materials you'll need to make the connection:

  • Dehumidifier drain hose (1/4 inch or 3/8 inch)
  • Hose clamp (if needed)
  • Adjustable wrench (if needed)

I hope this helps you get your dehumidifier draining smoothly. If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to ask!

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor