Home Construction

Dining room window is off center according to plans...the dining room window was supposed to be centered outside under a second floor window and centered inside the dining room with a coffered ceiling. The window is off over 5" and looks absolutely terrible when noticed in the dining room. I really didn't notice it until we moved in. What is my recourse with the builder since I had a contract for a house built to plans.

Reply to
Anonymous

Have the builder fix it (for free of course), as long as that's a remedy in the Contract...and it should be. A Contract is a Contract and you may want to scrutinize absolutely everything about the complete house. Get a Home Inspector in to make sure everything's legal, proper and fully correct...hopefully they're experienced.

- Get your money's worth, as you may need to hire a lawyer and it would be worth it:

- Outlets and Light Switches better be within the required finite height range.

- A Circuit Tester better display perfectly correct wiring.

- Ceiling Fans better have solidly attached Ceiling Fan Boxes.

- Flashing better be found on top of Windows, Doors, Deck Ledger Boards and wherever Roofing meets itself or any protrusion and Dormer's or Chimney's wall.

- Gutters and their underground drainage pipes better be pitched appropriately.

- The Cooking Range better have an Anti-tip plate.

- The Dishwasher's Discharge Hose better be air-gapped below the countertop or be hooked up to an Air Gap Fitting on top of the countertop.

- The Washing Machine's Drainage Standpipe better be tall enough.

- The Furnace better be installed to the Manufacturer's specifications only.

- The Water Heater better have a good and solid draft.

- There better be working Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors in the required locations.

- Exhaust Fans better be confirmed to be venting directly to the outdoors.

- A FLIR (thermal imaging) Camera better not find any insulation missing (thin doesn't count).

- Basement (if applicable) Drain Tile better be below the foundation's footing.

- Etcetera

Reply to
Anonymous