Had a pool built, signed contract, 1 year later it's not done and the builder has a lawyer suing me

Signed a contract to build a pool June 1, 2011. It isn't complete yet. The waterfall is 100% wrong and they won't fix it. The stairs to get out of the pool are too high and is difficult to get out of pool. The water for the faucet doesn't come on and is apparently tied into the sprinklers. I can use the faucet only when the automatic sprinklers turn on at night for 30 mins. There are so many issues and the builder won't come out to fix the items. He promised so many things and was almost rude about not exchanging texts or written words....He only would speak about things in person. When questioned, he kept saying..."Don't you trust me?" "We have to do it this way because your pool is going to be my showroom in San Antonio." He now says I owe him more money, won't come to the house to finish. The landscaping is not even close to being right. Rocks litter the lawn and I cannot believe it when I cut the lawn and rocks shoot out like a bullet. Long story short, the builder is suing me and his lawyer wants me to put together a list of what isn't done. I don't know all the things that aren't done. Why am I responsible to run the pool builders company and be the Project Mgr for my own pool.

Reply to
Unhappy in Cibilo Cliffs

Well, just walk around with a copy of your Contract and take pictures or videos of what's out of the agreed specifications and/or design. His lawyer apparently understands the situation and is trying to keep him out of jail and major debt.

- It doesn't appear that he's licensed and definitely didn't have ANY inspections by the Building Authority. Yes, you can sue the crap out of him, but does he even have anything to go for? Most likely not, if he's asking you to cover his fix-it expenses and can't afford them on his own.

- Document absolutely everything, including any verbal conversations with anybody and provide what you can to his lawyer. A judge will find you in favor only if you can show the extraordinary cooperation being asked of you. Play along and you'll win in the end.

Reply to
Anonymous