Troubleshooting Your GE Postscrubber Code C5 Issue (2023 Update)

GE postscrubber dishwasher after 5-10 min. Code C5 . Sometimes working sometimes not. Cup detergent dispenser not open. What is wrong.? Don't have water on the bottom.

Reply to
Nena

Ah, the ol' dishwasher conundrum! Sounds like you've got yourself a GE postscrubber dishwasher giving you the infamous Code C5. But hey, no worries! We'll dive into this little mystery and see what's cooking under that hood. Just bear in mind that my advice is based on what you've given me, so any additional info would be just peachy.

Now, I reckon we can break this down into a few steps to help you troubleshoot the issue:

  1. First things first, let's check that detergent dispenser. It might just be clogged or jammed, so give it a good clean and make sure nothing's obstructing its opening. Careful not to use anything too abrasive, though, or you might damage it.
  2. Since you mentioned the Code C5, that usually points to a water inlet problem. Time to make sure those water supply lines are connected and the valves are open. You don't want to be barking up the wrong tree!
  3. A kinked hose could be the culprit, too. Inspect that bad boy and see if there are any twists or bends causing trouble.
  4. With those checked, let's look at the water inlet valve. It might be on the fritz or clogged, which would explain the inconsistent operation. You might need to clean or replace it.
  5. Finally, let's not forget the float switch. It's a little gadget that tells the dishwasher when to fill and stop filling with water. If it's stuck, you'll have a hard time getting this show on the road.

Now, if you decide to roll up your sleeves and tackle this yourself, here's a list of tools and materials you might need:

  • Screwdriver
  • Adjustable wrench
  • Replacement water inlet valve (if necessary)
  • Bucket and sponge (for cleaning)

But, I've gotta say, fixing appliances isn't always a walk in the park. If you're not feeling too confident or things seem a bit out of your depth, it might be wise to call in the cavalry (a professional, that is). While you might save a few bucks doing it yourself, a pro's got the experience to fix the problem in a jiffy, and it could save you time and potential headaches.

BTW, this may for of interest to you or others with a similar problem: Here's a list of some common error codes you might encounter with your GE dishwasher:

  • C1: Water temperature too low
  • C2: Water not draining properly
  • C3: Water not filling properly
  • C4: Overfilled with water
  • C5: Water inlet issue (as discussed earlier)
  • C6: Water temperature too high
  • C7: Water not heating
  • C8: Low water level detected
  • C9: Wash motor not operating