Debris in air bleed valve

Whenever I bleed air from my filter I see debris floating up thru the device which then gets expelled thru opening. Is my filter that dirty ?

Reply to
MikeM51

Pretty much, yeah. The Primary or Pump filter baskets are pretty bad and have quite large holes or slots. I modified my Dad's by lining the basket with fiberglass screen for windows, since he was pretty sloppy and rarely cleaned the filter pit entirely. He went from a bleeder that couldn't shut off, due to so much debris, to never having any debris ever noticed again. Of course, after a full back-flush and swap-out of the filtering media.

Reply to
Anonymous