Crawlspace Vents. (2023 Update)

So I forgot to open up my crawlspace vents for the summer here in Tennessee. I did open them today. I was wandering if anyone else has done this before. Trying to feel better about myself. Hahahaha.

Reply to
tide35

It depends on the specific circumstances of the house and the surrounding environment. Crawlspace vents are typically opened during the warmer months to allow for proper ventilation and to prevent moisture buildup, which can lead to mold and other issues. If the vents are only opened in late June, this may mean that the crawlspace has been poorly ventilated for a significant portion of the summer. This could lead to moisture buildup and other issues, such as mold or rot, which can be harmful for the house. It's ideal if the vents are opened at the start of spring and closed at the end of fall.

However, the best way to determine the health of the crawlspace is to get it inspect by professional, as it may vary on how much moisture buildup or mold is present in the crawlspace.

Reply to
HOH_Advisor