Heating - Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Igniter works,pilot works but main burners wont ignite on Ultr SX 80

Ultraman's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ultraman in  Climate Control » Heating

new inducer fan so igniter and pilot are on.I dont think gas is coming for main burners.What controls maim burners?  ... read more »

i was told that my jotul lillehammer gas stove is kaput..

dreee's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dreee in  Climate Control » Heating

can i buy a replacement unit for the inside of the stove rather than having to replace the whole thing. the cast iron part  ... read more »

error code 31, furnace runs only when door is off.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

two year old Bryant furnace has an error code 31 furnace runs only when door is off.  ... read more »

What could be causing my Trane XL80 transformer to keep shorting out?

Infantryman95's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Infantryman95 in  Climate Control » Heating

I just bought a Trane XL80 dual stage furnace I ran 18-5 thermostat wire and used all five wires I have been through two  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

we have a trane heat pump furnace (1year old) that wasn't putting out any heat

Mary Ann's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Mary Ann in  Climate Control » Heating

we also have a honeywell vision pro series with redlink thermostat. I switched the thermostat from heat to emergency heat  ... read more »

thermodisc size on furnace

Ken's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken in  Climate Control » Heating

I have a 1977 bdp furance. Blower runs continous changed the limit switch. The thermodisc was bad no number on it. What  ... read more »

My Lochinvar boiler doesn't produce enough heat

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

The issue is pretty simple; the fix may not be. The system is brand new; the water temp in both zones is too low to adequately  ... read more »

Camray Quartet problem

Martin's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Martin in  Climate Control » Heating

I have a camray quartet oil fired boiler. The thermostat relay on the wall keeps clicking. If the boiler should be off  ... read more »

Where's the orfice on dearborn heaters

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

2 furnaces together in attic?

samtech's Avatar (by Gravatar) by samtech in  Climate Control » Heating

I am looking to purchase home and upon looking in attic there are 2 side by side furnaces. What is a set-up like this called  ... read more »

Heating an outdoor closet

Hector's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Hector in  Climate Control » Heating

How do I safely heat an outside utility/trash closet? The closet is located in a outside foyer. A water line for an outdoor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

emergency heat light blinks

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

furnace blower doesn't turn off. code for high limit switch. capacitor OK

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

my furnace will come on when calling for heat. It starts fine but may not fully reach temperature prior to trying to shut  ... read more »

How much would a natural gas furnace and installation cost for a 1050 sq. ft.

Debbie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Debbie in  Climate Control » Heating

I need a new natural gas upflow furnace that will heat a 1050 sq. ft. home. How much is the unit and installation likely  ... read more »

water comes from the chimney cleanout. Please advise what to do

VILMA's Avatar (by Gravatar) by VILMA in  Climate Control » Heating

The cleanout was full of water and inundate the bathroom and bedroom . Please advise what to do  ... read more »

Water comes in from the chimney cleanout.

Tony's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Tony in  Climate Control » Heating

I get water thru the chimney cleanout ONLY when the furnace runs and the hot water heater runs normal.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

What is the best floors for radiant floor heating?

airwave's Avatar (by Gravatar) by airwave in  Climate Control » Heating

Please can you help me choose flooring surface for my cabin: Wood Carpet or something else. I planned to install warm floors  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can I use copper manifolds in radiant floor heating?

airwave's Avatar (by Gravatar) by airwave in  Climate Control » Heating

I bought few of it for my plumbing systems and now I have 2 copper manifolds with PEX connections like this http://www.canarsee.com/pex/manifolds/pex-copper-manifolds/4-branch-manifold-3-4-pex-x-1-2-in-pex-x-closed  ... read more »