Baxi boiler – E125 error. Do I need a pro? Or an exorcist?

Baxi boiler – E125 error. Do I need a pro? Or an exorcist? open original image

I'm the unlucky owner of the Baxi Duo-Tec combi, an unstable beast of a boiler at the best of times.

The latest error is the most concerning – it's “E125" and it is preceded by banging and squealing from the tortured machine.

The error can be cleared by resetting the boiler. But then when I run the hot tap, the temperature rockets to 99, the pressure needle leaps towards the red and then it cuts out and starts flicking the E125s until it is reset again.

I've bled the radiators to zero effect. Do I need to call in a pro? Or an exorcist? Thanks.

Jamie Downham