Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

sink drain piping

Rick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rick in  Plumbing

Our new kitchen sink installation doesn't drain properly. After the two drains empty and pass thru' the trap it rises  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my motion detector light blinks on and off every few seconds

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Security »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Home Alarm System. Occasionally alarm sound " chime - low battery "

Occasionally home alarm will sound with display " chime - low battery ". If any button is pressed at the display  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

motion sensor lights wont turn off unless I remove power.

Rich in Cottondale's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rich in Cottondale in  Technology » Security »

I have two regents motion sensor lights on opposite sides of the house. When I put power to them they stay on constant. I've  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does wind trigger my motion light at night, the light is not triggered on unwindy nights.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Security »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Help unmounting flat screen TV

Hi I need help getting my 50 inch plasma TV off of my wall mount. The bracket appears to be fairly simple (doesn't  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do i monitor the comcast cable signal strength coming in to my computor

Sometimes at certain times of the day my computer will search the web much slower than others. Do you think that my cable  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what are the red and green lights on a smoke detector

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Alarms »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why do my smoke alarms chirp when i turn the basement lights on

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Alarms »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Should I be worried about charcoal briquette smoke-like smell coming from the ne

A month ago the neighbors put their just-used charcoal grill in the garage which led to some carbon monoxide (CO) alarms  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have 4 line powered smoke detecters with battery bachup. They are about 2 years old. Some time during the day one will beep once, than the

I have 4 line powered smoke detectors with battery backup. They are about 2 years old. Some time during the day one will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

A friend's smoke alarm was blinking yellow in the middle of the night. Know why?

A friend woke up last night to see her smoke alarm blinking yellow and it never has before. No chirping noise to indicate  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the difference between 2 and 3 layers of tar?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof »

What about a 7 year vs 15 year warranty? Thanks..  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does my ins charge 2% replacement cost for a new roof

Colorado homeowner's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Colorado homeowner in  Roof »

My house has been through several hail storms and Farmers Ins refuses to give me a new roof. I have a wood shake roof; I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how well does Roof-It (Roof Coating Sealer) work

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Finding manufacturer on shingles.

SJR's Avatar (by Gravatar) by SJR in  Roof »

I recently purchased a home that is only 12 years old. The shingles already need to be replaced. How do I find the manufacturer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Repair leak for metal roof on porch

Dionne's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dionne in  Roof »

Attached a metal roof to an existing roof for a porch are. Some leakage at eave of existing roof and where metal roof meet.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

is 2 2x6 nailed together stronger than one for roof rafter at 19 foot span

 lv  carport's Avatar (by Gravatar) by lv carport in  Roof »

added roof over back patio used 2x6 roof rafter from house to new headder is 18 foot Work out to be 17 degree township  ... read more »