Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

heater blowing hot then turns cold, checked furnace codes...they are okay

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 8 times. Add your answer today!

I have strange marks on the floorboards?

this is an image of the marks above the carpeting on the floorboard. The carpet and floorboards were  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

how can I remove the top of a desk?

Nancy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nancy in  Furniture »

I rescued a very big and heavy desk from the side of the road last night. It will look great in the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

If you lost the water container for a steam vac silver Hoover what would work

Andy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Andy in  Cleaning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

old two wire house adding new wire to existing runs

I have an old wired house with no ground wire and am adding new wire with ground to existing runs do  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my kenmore dryer will not stop running in off postion

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

I have to unplug the dryer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what size is my Kenmore 253.74812400

Dee's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dee in  Appliances »

I am trying to find the cubic feet of this model.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

3-way switch for my Lakewood floor

The 3-speed rotary switch on my Lakewood floor fan broke. The metal lhousing for the rotary switch  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

tiled shower leak?

Cynthia's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cynthia in  Bathroom »

Before I moved in I had a tub/shower with sliding glass door replace with a tiled shower. The renovation  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I converted a 110 volt fan to a 12 volt fan and now it runs backward. Could it be wired wrong?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can I use Great Stuff Triple Expanding foam to seal off an unused drain pipe?

MS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MS in  Plumbing »

I live in a top floor condo unit and recently had a leak from my outside HVAC closet into my neighbors  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

pex plumbing in attic exposed to extreme heat & cold

DJ's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DJ in  Plumbing »

It can get up to 160 degrees in the attic of a roof covered in concrete tiles. Since the water coming  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Landscape lighting burn out as soon as I put them in ?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need 2 Ecolux cool white 30 W fluorescent bulbs

I checked at Home Depot and Wal Mart but no luck.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the maximun distance you can run an extension cord for a temporary air c

richard's Avatar (by Gravatar) by richard in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

need to set up a temporary window a/c unit from an outlet 200 ft away what is the maximum distance  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need owner instruction manual for BD155RT Quattro corded hammer drill

Ken Upright's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken Upright in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I need an owners instruction manual for my Black & Decker Corded Hammer Drill the model number is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

inside fan on central air will not cut off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

The fan on our air conditioner will not go off. It runs all the time in auto or on positions. This  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen shows all the functions

golfsly's Avatar (by Gravatar) by golfsly in  Climate Control »

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen shows all the functions & seem to be frozen  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

the switch on my gas fireplace won't work when i turn it on and the pilot light is on.

The gas fireplace don't work but the pilot light is on how do I get my fireplace to work again. Should  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

stained shower pan

Linda's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Linda in  Bathroom »

Any suggestions for cleaning a shower stall pan that is stained? It's perhaps eight years old and the  ... read more »