Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

oil coming out of crank case blow by tube on a6hp kohler engine

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

craftsman mower 6.75 hp pull rope stuck wont pull.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I reattach cable that engages blade to handle bar on Honda self propelled lawn mower

Rebecca's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rebecca in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

I have a short spring with a a straight length (maybe 4 inches) with a u shaped hook at end- will not reach bar- did a piece  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I repair an electric trimmer that stopped working?

Marie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Marie in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

My weed-eater that I've had forever and loved stopped working. It just wouldn't turn on. No problem because when they were  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does my drive belt keep comming off on my craftsman 2000 riding mower

Danny Jordan Sr's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Danny Jordan Sr in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

why does my craftsman 2000 keep coming off. all looks good as far as alignment goes with the pulleys  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What makes the oil get hot in a mower.

Pat's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Pat in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

We have a Swisher pull behind mower that has a Briggs and Stratton 14.4 motor on it. After a few minutes of mowing the oil  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I secure a ladder from a lower roof section to higher one?

I am trying to winterize my swamp cooler and I know that you can secure your ladder to a lower roof section and get up that  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to drain gas from honda generator

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I have a Honda GX270 gas generator and need to drain the tank until the next power outage.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My Generac 6500 has not been started in over 18 mths what's to be done

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I have a Generac 6500 model F-01006-0. It has not boon started in over 18 months. What do I need to do to start it up again?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

power not transferred to transfer switch box

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I have a 17500K Portable Generac Generator. During a recent outage in my area I was unable to get the power to go through  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Generator Transfer switch to subpanel instead of main house panel?

Installing a manual transfer switch for our generator to run some lights/outlets in our house. Nothing major. We have  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Burnt Rubber Smell

A few minutes ago there was a loud noise and something that looked like dust but smelled like burnt rubber floated down from  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

sink drain piping

Rick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rick in  Plumbing »

Our new kitchen sink installation doesn't drain properly. After the two drains empty and pass thru' the trap it rises  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my motion detector light blinks on and off every few seconds

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Security »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Home Alarm System. Occasionally alarm sound " chime - low battery "

Occasionally home alarm will sound with display " chime - low battery ". If any button is pressed at the display  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

motion sensor lights wont turn off unless I remove power.

Rich in Cottondale's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rich in Cottondale in  Technology » Security »

I have two regents motion sensor lights on opposite sides of the house. When I put power to them they stay on constant. I've  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does wind trigger my motion light at night, the light is not triggered on unwindy nights.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Security »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Help unmounting flat screen TV

Hi I need help getting my 50 inch plasma TV off of my wall mount. The bracket appears to be fairly simple (doesn't  ... read more »