Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

what size is my Kenmore 253.74812400

Dee's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dee in  Appliances

I am trying to find the cubic feet of this model.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

3-way switch for my Lakewood floor

The 3-speed rotary switch on my Lakewood floor fan broke. The metal lhousing for the rotary switch  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

tiled shower leak?

Cynthia's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cynthia in  Bathroom »

Before I moved in I had a tub/shower with sliding glass door replace with a tiled shower. The renovation  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I converted a 110 volt fan to a 12 volt fan and now it runs backward. Could it be wired wrong?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can I use Great Stuff Triple Expanding foam to seal off an unused drain pipe?

MS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MS in  Plumbing »

I live in a top floor condo unit and recently had a leak from my outside HVAC closet into my neighbors  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

pex plumbing in attic exposed to extreme heat & cold

DJ's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DJ in  Plumbing »

It can get up to 160 degrees in the attic of a roof covered in concrete tiles. Since the water coming  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Landscape lighting burn out as soon as I put them in ?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need 2 Ecolux cool white 30 W fluorescent bulbs

I checked at Home Depot and Wal Mart but no luck.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the maximun distance you can run an extension cord for a temporary air c

richard's Avatar (by Gravatar) by richard in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

need to set up a temporary window a/c unit from an outlet 200 ft away what is the maximum distance  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need owner instruction manual for BD155RT Quattro corded hammer drill

Ken Upright's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken Upright in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I need an owners instruction manual for my Black & Decker Corded Hammer Drill the model number is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

inside fan on central air will not cut off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

The fan on our air conditioner will not go off. It runs all the time in auto or on positions. This  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen shows all the functions

golfsly's Avatar (by Gravatar) by golfsly in  Climate Control »

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen shows all the functions & seem to be frozen  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

the switch on my gas fireplace won't work when i turn it on and the pilot light is on.

The gas fireplace don't work but the pilot light is on how do I get my fireplace to work again. Should  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

stained shower pan

Linda's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Linda in  Bathroom »

Any suggestions for cleaning a shower stall pan that is stained? It's perhaps eight years old and the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have an aerosol can with a broken spray tip what can I do?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Other »

The spray tip of an expensive can broke off at the stem and I don't want to waste the contents. Can I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen went blank.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

battery is good circuit breaker checked. do not know what wrong. its honeywell utility pro programmable  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ceiling fan with 4 small light ceramic sockets. How do I loosen sockets?

My HW store only sells 60W "day light" CFL bulbs in the candle size. With four bulbs it is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

installing a/c unit in sliding window. what to do with opening above a/c to top of jamb

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

mosfet dimmer control repair

Have several Lutron RadioRA2 dimmers that have been damaged by lightning and now are on at full brightness.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

no power to thermostal

AC was coming on and going off after afew seconds but now nothing and no power to thermostate but power  ... read more »