Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

How do I test a 4-ft fluorescent bulb

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I use a CFL bulb in a Mercury Vapor fixture (is the ballast compatible)?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how many 48" 34 watt flourescent tubes will a t8 ballast drive

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

stuck on a certian climate buttons wont change

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

stuck on a certian climate buttons wont change  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

New home owner: HVAC issues, what do i do?!

99problemsHVAC1ofthem's Avatar (by Gravatar) by 99problemsHVAC1ofthem in  Climate Control »

Location - South East Florida Model - Lennox cbx25uh-036-230-1 Age - 1.5 years with newly built house (Still under  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Can it be normal to smell a little gas near the outside gas meter?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is there any resale value to woodworking magazines

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Woodworking »

Has anyone had luck at selling back issues of woodworking magazines. Some of which I have are layout plans.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the capacity of an average bathtub?

willow's Avatar (by Gravatar) by willow in  Bathroom »

whatb is the capacity of an average bathtub?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Answering all questions about timber decking, cladding, fencing & shingles

Hi all I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who has any questions regarding using timber for: Decking Cladding  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Doors won't close after painting and swapping hinges

imlost119's Avatar (by Gravatar) by imlost119 in  Doors »

I took down all my interior doors and painted them over the last week. I swapped out the gold hinges for oil rubbed bronze  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Can I eliminate the 3rd stringer on my stairs?

Ted S.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ted S. in  Carpentry »

My current stairs are 36" wide. The treads are 11 3/4" deep and 1 1/8" thick. The risers are 6 3/4" tall.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Bought new home swamp cooler question

MIKEYINFOOTHILLS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MIKEYINFOOTHILLS in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

We bought a new home in the Colorado foot hills and it has a swamp cooler. The cooler doesn't seen to be put the air in  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Can I plug an upright freezer into the same outlet as my washing machine?

I live in a double wide and plan to put an upright freezer in the laundry room with washer and dryer. The washer and dryer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the current rating of the external 24 volt transformer

The transformer is made by Westinghouse (older model) rated at 120 volts and 500 watts. (.5 kilo watts) the timer seems  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

interested in replacing the windows in my house who do i call?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows »

I own my home and in need of a good company that has good replacement windows. I'm not familiar with all the options that  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

are coffee grounds bad for plumbing?

Are coffee grounds good or bad to put down the drain?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need a 7 inch wide septic tank riser lid replacement. Where to find one???

The one I had on there was shattered and I cannot find a replacement lid with a 7 inch diameter - help! Or how do I cover  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the relationship between this site and Home Advisor?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  This Site »

There is a link on this website that takes you directly to Home Advisor. What is the relationship between the 2?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

need to know ceiling clearance for 7ft 6in door with opener required

ron's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ron in  Garage »

building garage need to know ceiling clearance for 7ft 6in door with opener not using special clearance kits thanks ron  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Saltwater tank dumped out on the azeleas

MamaNovi's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MamaNovi in  Garden »

So my lovely and favored daughter decided to be helpful and clean out the crab tank today and relocate it. She has done  ... read more »