Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Can I eliminate the 3rd stringer on my stairs?

Ted S.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ted S. in  Carpentry »

My current stairs are 36" wide. The treads are 11 3/4" deep and 1 1/8" thick. The risers  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My gas furnace won't shut off (heat and blower keep running)

Marta Jensen's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Marta Jensen in  Climate Control » Heating

Here is my situation: Guardian 80% GG8S120C16MP11A; 2 years old A few months ago I installed a new  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Continuous fan running for furnace

Dave C's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dave C in  Climate Control »

Hello; I apologize in advance if this is posted incorrectly. I tried to find this answer on my own  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

bryant 80 natural gas furnace manuel

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

looking for error code 24 and how to reset it?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Geothermal furnace running excessively on ProTech 520 thermostat

Jeff's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jeff in  Climate Control » Heating

Do not have owners manual for thermostat so I don't know how to adjust it. I do not fully understand  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Help me in locating the filter in my 2006 Carrier Infinity 96, model 58MVB?

MKW's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MKW in  Climate Control » Heating

I have removed the bottom panel and found no filter either on the bottom of the box or on the side which  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can electricity conduct through drywall?

I need help!!!! My science fair project is due thus Friday and I need to know if electricity can conduct  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Second Puron dump in a month. Now what?

John's Avatar (by Gravatar) by John in  Climate Control » Heating

We had a new 5 T Amana ASCZ 18 with AVPTC426014 installed in July or August 2013. In December 2014 we  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

is air space better than fibreglass insulation for noise reduction?

vern's Avatar (by Gravatar) by vern in  General Construction »

this is for interior walls with standard 2x4 's 16" on center and around new prehung doors.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do you get dry silicone caulk off tile if you've made a mistake?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Users manual for quartet wanted urgently please

Lyn's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lyn in  Technology »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to repair chipped slate tiles in front hallway?

My front hallway (1950's ranch) has a 6 x 12 foot section of irregular slate tiles. I am trying to fix  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

heater blowing hot then turns cold, checked furnace codes...they are okay

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 8 times. Add your answer today!

I have strange marks on the floorboards?

this is an image of the marks above the carpeting on the floorboard. The carpet and floorboards were  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

how can I remove the top of a desk?

Nancy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nancy in  Furniture »

I rescued a very big and heavy desk from the side of the road last night. It will look great in the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

If you lost the water container for a steam vac silver Hoover what would work

Andy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Andy in  Cleaning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

old two wire house adding new wire to existing runs

I have an old wired house with no ground wire and am adding new wire with ground to existing runs do  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my kenmore dryer will not stop running in off postion

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

I have to unplug the dryer  ... read more »