Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

I borrowed an 8' Ryobi pole saw and the bar stud just spins around! help!!

Milly's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Milly in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools

Did I damage the plastic piece that holds the stud? I managed to take it out and found the replacement for 99 cents. I will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Toro lawn mower leaks gas if the gas tank is more than half full. The gas kind of shoots out of the area where I think the carbarator is.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

Lots of gas comes out but does not seem to come from where the gas goes into the mower.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

starts but won't keep running

Lloyd's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lloyd in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

the lawn mower starts but won't keep running unless you keep pushing the primer bulb  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

craftsman push mower

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

i have a craftsman eager 1 push mower where does the grass come out of if I dont have the bagger on it the grass gets clogged  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

WHAT COULD THE KNOCKING BE ON Toro self propeeled 22

Steve's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steve in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

I have a 22" cut Toro self propelled electric start. I hit a tree root and stopped it dead. After that I hear a knocking  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do you start a lawn mower with a power drill?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

oil blowing out of blow by tube on a 6 hp kohler push mower

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

oil coming out of crank case blow by tube on a6hp kohler engine

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

craftsman mower 6.75 hp pull rope stuck wont pull.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I reattach cable that engages blade to handle bar on Honda self propelled lawn mower

Rebecca's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rebecca in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

I have a short spring with a a straight length (maybe 4 inches) with a u shaped hook at end- will not reach bar- did a piece  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I repair an electric trimmer that stopped working?

Marie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Marie in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

My weed-eater that I've had forever and loved stopped working. It just wouldn't turn on. No problem because when they were  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does my drive belt keep comming off on my craftsman 2000 riding mower

Danny Jordan Sr's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Danny Jordan Sr in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

why does my craftsman 2000 keep coming off. all looks good as far as alignment goes with the pulleys  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What makes the oil get hot in a mower.

We have a Swisher pull behind mower that has a Briggs and Stratton 14.4 motor on it. After a few minutes of mowing the oil  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I secure a ladder from a lower roof section to higher one?

I am trying to winterize my swamp cooler and I know that you can secure your ladder to a lower roof section and get up that  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to drain gas from honda generator

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I have a Honda GX270 gas generator and need to drain the tank until the next power outage.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My Generac 6500 has not been started in over 18 mths what's to be done

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I have a Generac 6500 model F-01006-0. It has not boon started in over 18 months. What do I need to do to start it up again?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

power not transferred to transfer switch box

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I have a 17500K Portable Generac Generator. During a recent outage in my area I was unable to get the power to go through  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Generator Transfer switch to subpanel instead of main house panel?

Installing a manual transfer switch for our generator to run some lights/outlets in our house. Nothing major. We have  ... read more »