Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Okay to have a cast iron sink with marble countertops? drop-in or undermount?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have a electric heater and I will like to turn my oil heat to electricity.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can you get a thermocoupler for a cannon coalridge gas fire

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My furnace won't light it gets the clicking and the blue spark but no gas to lig

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Ridge vent with heating pipes in attic?

emmebee's Avatar (by Gravatar) by emmebee in  Roof »

My roofer is recommending a ridge vent with my roof replacement next week. However I have heating hot and cold water pipes  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

how to size radon fan

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Environment » Radon »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

pressure washer will start for a few seconds, then turn off, is it low oil?

JESUS ARGUMEDO's Avatar (by Gravatar) by JESUS ARGUMEDO in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers »

I bought a Nortstar 4000 psi pressure washer it was stored away boght the gun and hose it will only start for a few seconds  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

removing rusted in screws

JP's Avatar (by Gravatar) by JP in  Appliances »

Trying to replace my fan element in Neff oven - simple apart from the fact that 4 of the screws seem to have rusted in and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My Moenstone sink just cracked when I drained boiling water through a colander.

LeAnne's Avatar (by Gravatar) by LeAnne in  Kitchen

While draining boiling water we heard a loud POP! and my Moenstone sink had cracked. The crack goes all the way through  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

wood laminate flooring wet and warped do I need to pull up floor?

I had a small flood in my kitchen that left me with warped flooring. Had fans and dehumidifier for 3 days. Had restoration  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Lawn mower wont start..

I had an old push mower that I decided to repair. It's a Briggs and Stratton 11a-034e729. It's been sitting for years  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What is the cost of Pella exterior fiberglass doors with no windows?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Doors »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

A plumber installed a new hot water faucet for my clothes washer - no hot water.

A plumber installed a new hot water faucet for my clothes washer but I'm not getting hot water at the washer. Checked the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

chasing threads hose bib

We found a lovely old brass nozzle 6"(15cm) long at a yard or estate sale embossed [ CHAMPION ] one side [ LOS ANGELES  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need owner instruction manual for BD155RT Quattro corded hammer drill

Ken Upright's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken Upright in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I need an owners instruction manual for my Black & Decker Corded Hammer Drill the model number is BD155RT-H1C Quattro  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is your experience with MESHTEC SECURITY SCREEN DOORS

Kellys GrandMa's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Kellys GrandMa in  Doors »

I am interested in the screen doors that provide security called MESHTEC SCREEN. These doors have been used in other countries  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have a outlet that has 2 hot wires and 2 ground. can I bypass 1 of each

I have a outlet that has two hot wires and two ground wires can I put a wire nut on one of each and bypass them  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ok, I havent found a garden hose end that does not leak yet, are there any out t

I have tried every type of garden hose end to repair an old 3/4 fitting and evryone has leaked either at the hose or at the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the life expectancy of a fiberglass oil tank 500 gallons

jga4835@aol.com's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jga4835@aol.com in  Energy » Oil »

Tank is underground in the front yard of a home.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

44449 We have two heat pumps that have been repaired at least 6-8 times each.

richhard wylie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by richhard wylie in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

we built a house 10 years ago. It is a large house so it has two furnaces and two heat pumps one for upstairs and one for  ... read more »