Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

What kind of oil should I use in the pump

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers

I bought a 3000psi pressure washer 2 weeks ago I checked the pump there is no oil on it what kind should I use  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

troybilt 2600 psi power washer what type of oil?

AVONMIKE's Avatar (by Gravatar) by AVONMIKE in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers

I want to change the oil on my troy bilt 2600 psi power washer. what type of oil detergent non-detergent? what grade?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

troy bilt pressure washer with B S motor what kind oil

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I accidentally ran a full tank of mixed oil and gas in my Troy Bilt pressure was

Dinelle 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dinelle in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers

I have a Troy Bilt 2600 pressure washer and accidentally ran a full tank of oil gas mixed instead is just gas. It ran fine  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

looking to buy an oscillating multifunction tool - which one should I get?

Unsure's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Unsure in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

Dremel looks nice but a tad expensive. I heard people mention a cheapo Harbor Freight one. Is it going to just die on me  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best power saw to use on a 2x4 to cut rounded ends??Thanks

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

looking for a hardy lightweight reciprocating battery operated saw

Am looking for a hardy lightweight reciprocating battery operated saw.I presently use a 18 volt Porter Cable drill which  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i have a 240v air comp. i tapped into my dryer line and the compressor ran then stopped but would not stay running

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I have a sears and roebuck 20 gal. 240v air compressor and no out to plug it into. So i tapped into my dryer line "220v"  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to oil Black & Decker circular saw bearing?

Douglas in Baltimore's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Douglas in Baltimore in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

How can I lubricate/oil my B&D circular saw bearing ? (model 7390 type 5) (model 7390 type 5)  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to mount a wire wheel on a motor shaft with a keyway

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I have a motor with a1/2 " shaft. I removed a pulley wheel with a keyway from the shaft now I would like to mount  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My bosch bulldog hammer drill quit hammering

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I was chipping concrete and then there was a pop and it just stopped working  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my B & D circular saw runs fine till I apply it to wood. The blade stops. Ideas?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you remove tile with a TE22 Hilti?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

I purchase a Hilti TE22 bought a chisel for tile removal but am unable to figure out how to keep the chisel from turning.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

The belt sander replacements are breaking at the seam when replaced? Why?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

We have a craftsman 3" belt sander which we just bought used. We are trying to put a new belt on it but they keep  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Moter dose't work.Only get a humming sound?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Lubrication for my framing nailer.

Old man Bill's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Old man Bill in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

Are either WD 40 or 3 in one acceptable for my Porter Cable framing nailer?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why diamond is not suitable for grinding steel

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i switch my electric mixer on the motor only humms doesnt turn drum i give the belt a spin and the mixer turns as it should

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

i switch my belle electric mixer on and the motor only hummss but will not turn drum i give the belt a push then motor runs  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I borrowed an 8' Ryobi pole saw and the bar stud just spins around! help!!

Milly's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Milly in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

Did I damage the plastic piece that holds the stud? I managed to take it out and found the replacement for 99 cents. I will  ... read more »