Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Can I plug an upright freezer into the same outlet as my washing machine?

I live in a double wide and plan to put an upright freezer in the laundry room with washer and dryer.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

NEED TO REMOVE PAINT FROM TEAK CHAIRS THAT HAD BEEN PAINTED BLACK.

Jane in Alabama's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jane in Alabama in  Painting »

At a yard sale I purchased 4 teak chairs that had been painted black. Is there a method to remove the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

brush washed down toilet bowl

nail scrub brush washed down into toilet. What should I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need know how to use a garage door opener for an elevator to the attic

HisKid's Avatar (by Gravatar) by HisKid in  Other »

I once saw a closet that raised and lowered into the attic using a garage door opener. There were NO  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I bought a NEST and I cannot figure out which wires go where. I have 7 wires??

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have a brown blue yellow red orange green and white. I cannot figure out what to goes to what  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

44449 We have two heat pumps that have been repaired at least 6-8 times each.

richhard wylie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by richhard wylie in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

we built a house 10 years ago. It is a large house so it has two furnaces and two heat pumps one for  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Transfer switch did not operate with last power outage

Heath's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Heath in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

Had a power outage this morning Generator came on like it was supposed to but the transfer switch did  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is a Slaymaker Clamp for

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i replace the guts of my $$$ kitchen soap dispenser

me's Avatar (by Gravatar) by me in  Kitchen »

can i replace the guts of my $$$ kitchen soap dispenser  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Can I Store kerosene in a 175 gal. tank for a year?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Other »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is your experience with MESHTEC SECURITY SCREEN DOORS

Kellys GrandMa's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Kellys GrandMa in  Doors »

I am interested in the screen doors that provide security called MESHTEC SCREEN. These doors have been  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

New home owner: HVAC issues, what do i do?!

99problemsHVAC1ofthem's Avatar (by Gravatar) by 99problemsHVAC1ofthem in  Climate Control »

Location - South East Florida Model - Lennox cbx25uh-036-230-1 Age - 1.5 years with newly built  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

need to know ceiling clearance for 7ft 6in door with opener required

ron's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ron in  Garage »

building garage need to know ceiling clearance for 7ft 6in door with opener not using special clearance  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Cost of geothermal heat per month in SW Ohio?

We live near Dayton and got a geothermal unit about 2 yrs ago (Carrier). We switched from propane heat  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We have very wet, clay, winter soil. Wind pushes our fence crooked. Ideas?

Annie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Annie in  Fence »

We have a 226 ft fence on the west and east side of an half acre lot. Winds push on it and now it is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!?

simplyconfused in new jersey's Avatar (by Gravatar) by simplyconfused in new jersey in  Cleaning »

I need HELP or a solution to this white powdery dust that's physically making me sick!!! 😬😷  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My condo balcony is screened, but we can hardly see through it.

The screens are old and hard to see through. The mesh is white in places. It will very difficult  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

does air conditioner units need to be level?

marshall's Avatar (by Gravatar) by marshall in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what size is my Kenmore 25370137993 refrigerator?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My Moenstone sink just cracked when I drained boiling water through a colander.

LeAnne's Avatar (by Gravatar) by LeAnne in  Kitchen »

While draining boiling water we heard a loud POP! and my Moenstone sink had cracked. The crack goes  ... read more »