Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Lawn mower wont start..

Naut's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Naut in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers

I had an old push mower that I decided to repair. It's a Briggs and Stratton 11a-034e729. It's been  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Whats the difference between 95% and 96% variable furnace efficency, the cost is $1200 difference

Gincoma's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Gincoma in  Climate Control » Heating »

I'm buying a home brand new and going thru all my options I opted for the 96% variable furnace rather  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

red resart button wont respond on sears craftsman 10" Mod. Num. 113.19770

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Carpentry »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is there any resale value to woodworking magazines

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Woodworking »

Has anyone had luck at selling back issues of woodworking magazines. Some of which I have are layout  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where can I get my freon recharged on my portable air conditioner?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the capacity of an average bathtub?

willow's Avatar (by Gravatar) by willow in  Bathroom »

whatb is the capacity of an average bathtub?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Doors won't close after painting and swapping hinges

imlost119's Avatar (by Gravatar) by imlost119 in  Doors »

I took down all my interior doors and painted them over the last week. I swapped out the gold hinges  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Should mortar turn brown in color after adding water?

silenteagle's Avatar (by Gravatar) by silenteagle in  Masonry » Brick »

Yesterday I mixed a bag of Quikrete mortar that had been laying around about five or more years. When  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Is there a way to check for an underground gas leak without digging up yard?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can it be normal to smell a little gas near the outside gas meter?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the current rating of the external 24 volt transformer

The transformer is made by Westinghouse (older model) rated at 120 volts and 500 watts. (.5 kilo watts) the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how long will it take for sealcoat asphalt to fade...it looks terrible

I've got my asphalt sealcoat but since then we see all the faults in the driveway and the black color  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

interested in replacing the windows in my house who do i call?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows »

I own my home and in need of a good company that has good replacement windows. I'm not familiar with  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Bought new home swamp cooler question

MIKEYINFOOTHILLS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MIKEYINFOOTHILLS in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

We bought a new home in the Colorado foot hills and it has a swamp cooler. The cooler doesn't seen to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

are coffee grounds bad for plumbing?

Are coffee grounds good or bad to put down the drain?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

should i use a 10/2 or a10/3 wire to my central air unit

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do you fix a water logged pump.No drain plug.

Pump turns on off constantly when faucet is turned on.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ok, I havent found a garden hose end that does not leak yet, are there any out t

I have tried every type of garden hose end to repair an old 3/4 fitting and evryone has leaked either  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

looking for replacement batteries for my 18 v cordless drill

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

i have an 18v viper cordless tool set and like these products however my batteries are dead and i cant  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the relationship between this site and Home Advisor?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  This Site »

There is a link on this website that takes you directly to Home Advisor. What is the relationship between  ... read more »