Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

What should a home boiler be set at for winter

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Tefal express generator iron need a special screwdriver

Steve's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steve in  Appliances »

How do I open the iron I need special tool  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how much concrete do i need for ten foot long curb, 6

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How long should a concrete pool deck cure before applying tile on top? indoor pool

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

entire room odor caused by spilled bottle of goo b gone

Cherril's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cherril in  Cleaning »

An entire bottle of Goo B Gone tipped over and spilled out on a wood shelf under the basement steps. The adjoining room  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

control to rise or lower temp doesn't work

unit states ac will not come on until 90 cant lower or rise temp.what can I do  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Gas Hydronic Heating – Good or Bad?

RamonFonseca's Avatar (by Gravatar) by RamonFonseca in  Climate Control » Heating

I'm in New York and soon I’ll start renovating my house. To bring in a few major modifications I’m planning to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How Identify right Oxygen Barrier PEX tubing?

Adam Reisz's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Adam Reisz in  Plumbing » Water »

I found few coils of PEX tubing in garage from prevous owner but I cant find any markings on its tube. Looks like PEX flexible  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Which model of Takagi Tankless Water Heater you may suggest for my project?

Josh Singler's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Josh Singler in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

I have 480 Sq Ft log cabin and I am looking for Propane Tankless water heater from Takagi or similar. Please help choose  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What the difference between PEX pipe and PVC pipe?

Jay Moreno's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jay Moreno in  Plumbing »

I am curios what the significant differences between two more popular plumbing pipe PEX pipe and PVC pipe?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Transfer switch did not operate with last power outage

Heath's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Heath in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

Had a power outage this morning Generator came on like it was supposed to but the transfer switch did not move to cut off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I was using my 190 honda preasure washer , it quit running . low on oil, refill.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I understand that some stone resin shower trays ( G4 Kudos ) can't be laid on raised timber why ?

buglebri's Avatar (by Gravatar) by buglebri in  Bathroom »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

can pressure washer cut through compost?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how long will it take for sealcoat asphalt to fade...it looks terrible

I've got my asphalt sealcoat but since then we see all the faults in the driveway and the black color looks terrible. When  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I bought a NEST and I cannot figure out which wires go where. I have 7 wires??

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have a brown blue yellow red orange green and white. I cannot figure out what to goes to what on the NEST? HELP  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Should mortar turn brown in color after adding water?

silenteagle's Avatar (by Gravatar) by silenteagle in  Masonry » Brick »

Yesterday I mixed a bag of Quikrete mortar that had been laying around about five or more years. When mixed it was brown  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Frost Free Sillcock repair kit

I need the repair kit for my 10" Frost Free Sillcock. The only marking on the valve is "SF". Do you know what  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Has anyone had their oak kitchen painted

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »