Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Is there a way to check for an underground gas leak without digging up yard?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can it be normal to smell a little gas near the outside gas meter?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the current rating of the external 24 volt transformer

The transformer is made by Westinghouse (older model) rated at 120 volts and 500 watts. (.5 kilo watts) the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how long will it take for sealcoat asphalt to fade...it looks terrible

I've got my asphalt sealcoat but since then we see all the faults in the driveway and the black color  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

interested in replacing the windows in my house who do i call?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows »

I own my home and in need of a good company that has good replacement windows. I'm not familiar with  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Bought new home swamp cooler question

MIKEYINFOOTHILLS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MIKEYINFOOTHILLS in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

We bought a new home in the Colorado foot hills and it has a swamp cooler. The cooler doesn't seen to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

are coffee grounds bad for plumbing?

Are coffee grounds good or bad to put down the drain?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

should i use a 10/2 or a10/3 wire to my central air unit

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do you fix a water logged pump.No drain plug.

Pump turns on off constantly when faucet is turned on.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ok, I havent found a garden hose end that does not leak yet, are there any out t

I have tried every type of garden hose end to repair an old 3/4 fitting and evryone has leaked either  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the relationship between this site and Home Advisor?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  This Site »

There is a link on this website that takes you directly to Home Advisor. What is the relationship between  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need a 7 inch wide septic tank riser lid replacement. Where to find one???

The one I had on there was shattered and I cannot find a replacement lid with a 7 inch diameter - help!  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my furnace fan won't shut off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

the pilot is lit the burners light up and heat come on. however when the burners go out the fan will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Saltwater tank dumped out on the azeleas

MamaNovi's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MamaNovi in  Garden »

So my lovely and favored daughter decided to be helpful and clean out the crab tank today and relocate  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can I plug an upright freezer into the same outlet as my washing machine?

I live in a double wide and plan to put an upright freezer in the laundry room with washer and dryer.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

NEED TO REMOVE PAINT FROM TEAK CHAIRS THAT HAD BEEN PAINTED BLACK.

Jane in Alabama's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jane in Alabama in  Painting »

At a yard sale I purchased 4 teak chairs that had been painted black. Is there a method to remove the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

brush washed down toilet bowl

nail scrub brush washed down into toilet. What should I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need know how to use a garage door opener for an elevator to the attic

HisKid's Avatar (by Gravatar) by HisKid in  Other »

I once saw a closet that raised and lowered into the attic using a garage door opener. There were NO  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I bought a NEST and I cannot figure out which wires go where. I have 7 wires??

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have a brown blue yellow red orange green and white. I cannot figure out what to goes to what  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

44449 We have two heat pumps that have been repaired at least 6-8 times each.

richhard wylie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by richhard wylie in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

we built a house 10 years ago. It is a large house so it has two furnaces and two heat pumps one for  ... read more »