Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Double glazing, had it exploded?

LB's Avatar (by Gravatar) by LB in  Windows

No prior warning heard an explosive sound and glass shot through the air at an incredible speed. No bird marks no bricks  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am looking at replacing all my windows. I have talked to Lowe's and Champion.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

There is of course a huge difference between the two. Both seem to be of vinyl construction with the Champion being the more  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

All of my 20 year plus Anderson windows are difficult to open and close. My new

Karen's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Karen in  Windows

All of my 20 year plus Anderson windows are difficult to open and won't close close enough to latch them. A few years ago  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

andersen tilt window is tilted and strings are sticking out. can't tilt back up.

Margaret Houlihan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Margaret Houlihan in  Windows

I am cleaning my Andersen windows. I know that after tilting the window in you must push it down before pushing it back  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What can I apply on my windows for privacy

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

There is a shield that you can tape on windows so I can still see out but my neighbors can't see in?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

IRS credit installing film on window pane?

GTG's Avatar (by Gravatar) by GTG in  Windows

Does our government allow credit for installing heat reduction film on home windows?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my windows are ten years old and are all foggy can i replace them

wally world's Avatar (by Gravatar) by wally world in  Windows

window seal is shot and windows are foggy  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how much do impact windows cost

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to repair 23 yr old pella window blinds (fabric) that open and close with cord.

Lori's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lori in  Windows

The cord(s) broke. Pella no longer repairs them.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is there a warenty on my NAMI windows?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

I have NAMI windows that have a film on the inside. I would like to know if the warenty is still good.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Fixing metal frame of large storm window

Jan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jan in  Windows

While carrying a storm window (that protects a stationary 30 pane window) a portion of the frame slipped out of place and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Remove polystyrene from behind wallpaper

I need to remove polystyrene from the wall under old wallpaper how do i get it off ?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

we bought new wallpapper and can't get it to stick to the wall what can we do

we have paneling and we can't get our wall papper to stick what can we do any one have suggestions help help help  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

does tile stick to joint compound

I'm just finishing up a bathroom wall (Green board) Do i need to cover the joint compound with anything? No Bathtub OR Shower.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is grout water proof or do you need an underlayment?

when laying tile in a shower do you need an underlayment to keep it from getting wet in behind the tile?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I add more grout after it is dry to make it smoother looking?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Interior 10' swirled mansard ceiling. Reappearing cracks due to temperature changes.

When the room gets warm a small crack appears at the joint between the flat ceiling and the the ceiling pieces that slope  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what causes garage ceiling sheetrock sagging other than roof leaks

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do i access the spark plug on my crafstman snowthrower mod 536887752

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Snow Blowers »

I have a craftsman snow thrower that I believe may have blown the spark plug out while snow blowing. How do I access it.  ... read more »