Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Is Anlin better than simonton or Milgard windows and doors?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

I have been researching replacement windows. All the top sellers are pushing Simonton and Milgard claiming they are the best  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Silverline windows instead of Milgard

AL of Madison's Avatar (by Gravatar) by AL of Madison in  Windows

Hi I am hoping someone can answer if this is worth going to small claims---I bought a new condo in 2003 and its specifications  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Milgard vs Anderson

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

HOA has aluminum frame windows in stucco. Being offered deal by PGE&E Energy Star window replacement incentive program  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my house was constructed in 12/2009. I have two windows whose lift springs fell

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

My house was completed in 12/2009. I have two windows whose lift springs fell off. (Don't know what the correct name of the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

mold on bottom of wood windows how do i fix ?

Jer in Indiana's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jer in Indiana in  Windows

I have pella wood windows crank out type they are only 9 yr old. they get moisture around bottom in winter ice and they  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

window sash broken

scott's Avatar (by Gravatar) by scott in  Windows

On a double hung window (the kind you can tilt out and clean) our lower sash (glass is approx. 27x28) is smashed. I don't  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

nailing schedule around retrofit windows?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Double hung vinyl window hard to raise

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Are Plantation Shutters the Right Choice for Your Windows?

kateth3's Avatar (by Gravatar) by kateth3 in  Windows

I am planning to rent my granny flat?I was wondering on window shutters material?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do they make a bay window 36x36 is the opening for the kitchen

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i need a window molding to go with a 618 floor molding. What should I use?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

I thought a 623 would go with the 618 - same profile different height. Installer tells me 623 is baseboard and it looks  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

lock woods windows and doors spair parts

john's Avatar (by Gravatar) by john in  Windows

windows requires a new opener [ the unit is broken inside].the handle just keep turning.. requires new parts .. is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How can I get shades for my Pella windows between the glass style?

Wyoming Wondering's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Wyoming Wondering in  Windows

I have Pella Windows at my home in Wyoming. I have called the sales office twice to ask for a quote to get the shades for  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Double glazing, had it exploded?

LB's Avatar (by Gravatar) by LB in  Windows

No prior warning heard an explosive sound and glass shot through the air at an incredible speed. No bird marks no bricks  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am looking at replacing all my windows. I have talked to Lowe's and Champion.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

There is of course a huge difference between the two. Both seem to be of vinyl construction with the Champion being the more  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

All of my 20 year plus Anderson windows are difficult to open and close. My new

Karen's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Karen in  Windows

All of my 20 year plus Anderson windows are difficult to open and won't close close enough to latch them. A few years ago  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

andersen tilt window is tilted and strings are sticking out. can't tilt back up.

Margaret Houlihan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Margaret Houlihan in  Windows

I am cleaning my Andersen windows. I know that after tilting the window in you must push it down before pushing it back  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What can I apply on my windows for privacy

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

There is a shield that you can tape on windows so I can still see out but my neighbors can't see in?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

IRS credit installing film on window pane?

GTG's Avatar (by Gravatar) by GTG in  Windows

Does our government allow credit for installing heat reduction film on home windows?  ... read more »