Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Hanging curtain rod outside window frame, no stud, need to add wood to level surface with window trim

ladysouth770's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ladysouth770 in  Windows

In order to hang curtain road outside of the window frame I need to put a piece of wood same width as window trim in place  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

where can I get replacement sceens

MJ's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MJ in  Windows

I have double paned windows and need new screens  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I remove the trim around a fixed vinyl window case

Rand Mac's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rand Mac in  Windows

In order to replace the broken glass.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to remove condensation from double pane windows

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

should all washroom windows have sills?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Which window is best for Atlanta area weather?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

I've been 3 different contractors one says Alside is best another says Simonton and another says Sunrise? Who is better?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is Anlin better than simonton or Milgard windows and doors?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

I have been researching replacement windows. All the top sellers are pushing Simonton and Milgard claiming they are the best  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Silverline windows instead of Milgard

AL of Madison's Avatar (by Gravatar) by AL of Madison in  Windows

Hi I am hoping someone can answer if this is worth going to small claims---I bought a new condo in 2003 and its specifications  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Milgard vs Anderson

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

HOA has aluminum frame windows in stucco. Being offered deal by PGE&E Energy Star window replacement incentive program  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my house was constructed in 12/2009. I have two windows whose lift springs fell

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

My house was completed in 12/2009. I have two windows whose lift springs fell off. (Don't know what the correct name of the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

mold on bottom of wood windows how do i fix ?

Jer in Indiana's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jer in Indiana in  Windows

I have pella wood windows crank out type they are only 9 yr old. they get moisture around bottom in winter ice and they  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

window sash broken

scott's Avatar (by Gravatar) by scott in  Windows

On a double hung window (the kind you can tilt out and clean) our lower sash (glass is approx. 27x28) is smashed. I don't  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

nailing schedule around retrofit windows?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Double hung vinyl window hard to raise

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Are Plantation Shutters the Right Choice for Your Windows?

kateth3's Avatar (by Gravatar) by kateth3 in  Windows

I am planning to rent my granny flat?I was wondering on window shutters material?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do they make a bay window 36x36 is the opening for the kitchen

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i need a window molding to go with a 618 floor molding. What should I use?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows

I thought a 623 would go with the 618 - same profile different height. Installer tells me 623 is baseboard and it looks  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

lock woods windows and doors spair parts

john's Avatar (by Gravatar) by john in  Windows

windows requires a new opener [ the unit is broken inside].the handle just keep turning.. requires new parts .. is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How can I get shades for my Pella windows between the glass style?

Wyoming Wondering's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Wyoming Wondering in  Windows

I have Pella Windows at my home in Wyoming. I have called the sales office twice to ask for a quote to get the shades for  ... read more »