Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

how do you raise an existing deck

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Deck

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is there a wax or treatment application for protection .

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Deck

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My posts are good, not sure about anchor bolt but bases are rusting out.

LCTEX's Avatar (by Gravatar) by LCTEX in  Yard » Deck

Replacing post base on 12 post on covered wrap around deck.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Need new feed rollers for a RVI planer model 408 any ideas where to find?

woody's Avatar (by Gravatar) by woody in  Woodworking »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Where can I get parts for a Morgan 100A wood vise ?

Henry's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Henry in  Woodworking »

I need parts for a Morgan 100A wood vise that I would like to rebuild a picture diagram would also be handy. Thanks Henry  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what size is a wicks 370w bandsaw blade

dottie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dottie in  Woodworking »

can you tell me what size a replacement blade for wicks 370w bandsaw  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

sears 149.23871 lathe

PhantomTK's Avatar (by Gravatar) by PhantomTK in  Woodworking »

Just picked up this lathe (Sears 149.23871). It's in good condition but I'm trying to find a users manual for it. It's not  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Maple surround for fireplace, two joints are separating. Stainable Repair???

Sandim's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sandim in  Woodworking »

My cousin made a 3D surround for my new fireplace. It is made of solid Maple. The two joints on the inner section are separating  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

locate hidden. brass screws in wood?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Woodworking »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

There is still no clear answer to the question

Artist Guy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Artist Guy in  Woodworking »

I want to put on one final clean smooth coat of Minwax Polyurithane on my coffee table. Following the directions on the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

which way do jointer blades point ?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Woodworking »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Untreated wood left outside

Kekburke 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Kekburke in  Woodworking »

Hi my boyfriend bought a bench and chairs of untreated wood and does not want to stain or paint it thinking it will just  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

NEED A BAY WINDOW GLASS ONLY 19.5/43 ( 10 81/1)

TOM's Avatar (by Gravatar) by TOM in  Windows »

need a bay window glass only window size 19.5/43" CENTER WINDOW ANDERSON 10--81/1 XiR IS ON THE GLASS LOWER CORNER WOULD  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I took out a full lenth window screen and can't get it back in. Can someone help me?

Helen's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Helen in  Windows »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do I prevent the crank arm from popping out of the track on my casement windows?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my crank window does not hold in place - it moves back and forth with the breeze. if a strong wind it will whip it wide open

Tilly's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Tilly in  Windows »

my crank works fine but something is allowing the wind to move it wide open and then closed - does not stay in a place that  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Need repair to jalousie window

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Windows »

The Jalousie Windows were installed sometime the 1950 or 1960. I bought the house in 1993 so I don't remember the date of  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have a bottom window sash that is a superseal 1100 that has lost its seal and is foggy, how do I get it replaced

Ethel's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ethel in  Windows »

This window was purchased from a dealer in Newark Delaware I do not have any paperwork on them is there an identifing  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

white fog between double pane windows

jamie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jamie in  Windows »

I have white fog between my double pane windows in my house is there something i can try like a heat gun ?---ps--the glass  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

easy way to measure casement windows

Trubled's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Trubled in  Windows »

I am trying to replace my casement windows in my house. I am having truble measuring the windows. What is and easy way to  ... read more »