Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

I have a Carrier A? installed in my hall closet two years ago. The unit from day one has been dripping condensation onto the filter. Why?

Paul's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Paul in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Installer has been back four times with different nonsensical explanations/fixes. Nothing has worked the filter gets sopping  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

wiring diagram for ge motor 5kc35k6335

please need wiring diagram for above motor. thanks  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Gas fireplace won't light

diver8718's Avatar (by Gravatar) by diver8718 in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

I have heater warnock hersey Earth Stove TG440 . went to start the pilot wouldn't stay lit ? so I replaced the thermopile  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Bryant Gas furnace goes through test cycle ok . But only Blower turns on when tried.

The furnace is a model 383kav. With the thermostat disconnected the furnace will go through the complete self test cycle.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have an adams "speed flame" natural gas furnace.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

Everytime I turn my thermostat to call for heat nothing happens. I checked the volts to my gas valve and it shows that its  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my cold air return located on the floor in my 1937 home blows cold air when the furnace is not running can I stop this

my living room gets cold as soon as the blower stops  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My gas fireplace won't start.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

The pilot light is on. I tired to override the wall switch but it still doesn't work.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my outdoor unit is running nonstop for atleast 4 days?

i have noticed that my outdoor unit has been running nonstop for at least 4 days.my house is heating fine and the thermostat  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am needing to know how an American Standard HVAC system compares with a Bryant HVAC system?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

I have quotes on both -same throughout.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I know whether to replace my run capacitor or my start capacitor on my furnace,

It is making noise and the fan is not turning as fast  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

how do i replace a vanity in my bath?

Brenda 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Brenda in  Bathroom »

The pipes are coming threw the floor not the wall what do I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Bought a Price Pfister kitchen faucet about 1yr & a half ago; its leaking; had plumber replace the part; still leaking; is this lifetime

Betty's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Betty in  Plumbing »

I have a Price Pfister kitchen faucet that I had put in about 1 year & a half ago; its leaking where the water runs up  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

toilet bolt anchor loose, does not want re-tighten - now what?

Brian's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Brian in  Bathroom »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Im in major need of ventilation problem answered

blugil's Avatar (by Gravatar) by blugil in  Roof »

I have a pole barn that will get a ceiling drywall vapor barrier w/r-49 insulation 32x70 building the building will be  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

There is an Amana Air Command 80 Air Furnace, Model GHI45A25, that was installed 1981 and never used and wont start

The furnace was new when installed. When I plugged the furnace into the wall socket it made noise like it wanted to start  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Old Homelite 2500 watt portable generator

philip's Avatar (by Gravatar) by philip in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I found a homelite 2500 watt portable generator under boxes and trunks int he basement. Relatives tell me it was won in  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where can i find the round turn dials-that turn the baseboard heat on or off

30 year older units--side dials broke off from use-need new dials-are there any replacement parts.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

HotDawg 75000 btu heater in my basement

I want to use a HotDawg 75000 BTU heater in my basement. I do have a garage area that has no barrier wall separation from  ... read more »