Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

how can i find out if my apartment is up to code in ohio?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction » Codes and Regulations

i live on the third floor and there are no fire escapes no screens in the windows (i have small children  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

fixed air's clogged water line in June. Turned carrier furnace off and air runs fine. Now heat doesn't turn on. Pilot light?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

In June the pvc pipe from the airconditioning unit clogged. I watched the repair man last year and I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

The blowers (just cool air) come on for no reason on my Rudd Classic 90+ furnace. What would cause this and how can it be fixed?

stringplayer's Avatar (by Gravatar) by stringplayer in  Climate Control » Heating »

We have had two repair men come to look at it two times each and they can't find anything wrong. The  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Wire size for 60 AMP service 65 feet away from main panel

John McCloskey's Avatar (by Gravatar) by John McCloskey in  Energy » Electrical » Installation »

I want to put a 60 amp breaker box out front and build 3 electrical pugs that can handle 20 amps each  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

The furnace starts up but the flame won't keep burning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how much amps will a 10 gauge wire carry over 100 ft

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

looking for a manual for a ruaso wood/coal combination stove

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What Are The Consequences If The Heat Rise On A Furnace Is Above The Rating On The Furnace

Nervous Norman's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nervous Norman in  Climate Control » Heating »

I Installed A New 95 % Furnace With A Heat Rise Rating Of 50-80 Degrees. When Checking I Found It To  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I've had my oil burner service 15 times and they can't find the problem. Becker oil burner keeps shutting down. Replace the pump thmotor.

Becket oil burner keeps shutting down. I've had it serviced repeatedly for the last 3 weeks. Cleaned  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have arcoaire furnace brand 9MPD I FORGET WHAT FILTER SIZE NEED

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I build a steam electric generator

II live in a small farm in an area where the electricity tends to be every now and then switched of by  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

I have an installed 3 different ground fault interrupters

i have tried 3 different ground fault interrupters in the box they all work correctly when i manually  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Mobile home. Where is my water heater???

Cannot locate the water heater  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the size of kenmore refrigerator model 10659919700?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what kind of insulation should be used between a kitchen ceiling and under a bedroom

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Ceiling »

i am removing ceiling from kitchen 12 white tile from an old house and quite sure there should be some  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Shouldn't the plenum be insulated instead of bare sheetmetal even if it's in the crawspace?

owlnevada's Avatar (by Gravatar) by owlnevada in  Climate Control » Heating »

If it should be insulated what type is used and how to fasten it to the sheetmetal? Is the building  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I'm trying to find out whether I can use a freestanding chimney located outside the home build especially for a woodburning stove ?

The stove would have the after burning set-up. It would have a double insulated pipe about 18-20"  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Do I need a primer,to paint latex paint over oil base paint?

Cam's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cam in  Painting »

Wish to paint over a oil base paint with a latex paint. Do I need to use a primer on the oil base paint?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I HAVE A IMPERIAL RHEEM 90 PLUS MODEL # RGEM-10EEGS THE BLOWER WILL NOT SHUT OFF NEED HELP TROUBLE SHOOTING IT

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

doesnt shut off at all unhooked thermostat still runs i need to fix it but dont know whats wrong with  ... read more »