Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

electrical conection

igodditt's Avatar (by Gravatar) by igodditt in  Appliances

I am trying to install 2 three bulb 2x4 lights in my shop I am not sure of the wiring the lighs have 4 wires 1 longer white  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Garden hose across (or under) cement driveway?

I need to run a garden hose from the well across a 10' wide paved driveway to water a garden on a timer. The problem is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Concrete foundation crack? What's the appropriate way to fix?

Hi All We had some insulation problems around one of the baseboards downstairs. Warm air would coming in from under the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Mower blades

John deere L120 with 3 blades. Have tried penetrating oil impact wrench heat torch and vice gripes and hammer and cannot  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Slate floor frustration

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Floor »

We have recently moved into a house where the kitchen floor is tiled in slate. The tiles are the rough uneven type which  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Toilets

Maximum number of 90 degree bends in drain?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Paint Garage Concrete Floor without Etching as its new

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Garage »

I just brought a new newly constructed house and the garage floor was build a few months back but it did house construction  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Smoke Detector Beeps Twice A Day

January Ruiz's Avatar (by Gravatar) by January Ruiz in  Technology » Alarms »

My smoke detectors are going off almost on schedule daily. 1 beep around 2pm and 3 beeps a little after 10pm. It's the same  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Ceiling Fan Canopy won't come off

Sheriboberry's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sheriboberry in  Energy » Electrical » Ceiling Fans »

I'm replacing an old outdated ceiling fan from 1987. It was here when we bought the house 6 years ago. On the canopy  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Is there connection between twisting floor joists and cracks in wall on 2nd floor?

Jonathan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jonathan in  General Construction »

I purchased my first home about 7 months ago. It was built in 1991. At time of inspection the inspector pointed out some  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Pouring concrete without sand or gravel?

Hamilton, TX guy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Hamilton, TX guy in  Masonry » Concrete »

Built my own home but neglected to consider wind driven rain coming in the front/side doors. So I cannot put my wood flooring  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where to find a patio umbrella with a threaded bottom on the poll for my patio which has a fixed hole for the placement of the umbrella?

i have a patio that has a built into the patio hole for the placement of a patio umbrella. so i am not n need of a base.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

storing paint for 1 yr or more

herb1's Avatar (by Gravatar) by herb1 in  Painting »

1/2 gal of paint stored upside down for 1 yr. It was hard when I opened it recently. How can I store paint for over a year  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Squaring an existing building

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Carpentry »

I have an old garage building that we moved and it's out of square. What's the best way to square it. It's 12 x 16 and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Floor boards for deck

My new deck will be 16 ft. wide by 24 ft. long. Will it be okay to run the boards lengthwise (the 24 ft. length)? My joists  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Bulging soding

We have a vertical bulge from ground to ceiling that doesn't give when pressed. Does anyone know what this is?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Chemical or corroded metal smell in the bathroom

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Bathroom »

Hi. First of all this is a condo not a house top floor and no attic. I had a strange issue. Smell in 2 bathrooms one  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Neighbor's swale is flooding my yard

I have a home in Ohio that sits in the middle of a long sloping hill. My neighbor on the high side has a swale that drains  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Sewer line damaged by telephone company cable

Due to numerous times that the sewer backed up into the house we worked with a plumbing company that said the sewer line  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Light switch sparked

Dillonlabrune 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dillonlabrune in  Energy » Electrical » Lighting »

I made the mistake of working on a light switch live a hot wire touched the switch for the fan and sparked and now half  ... read more »