Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

I am going to install a range hood and I want to use the existing vent outlet (6

mull's Avatar (by Gravatar) by mull in  Kitchen

The existing vent outlet is 6" id. and center line is 60" from the floor. My question is can I run the new duct  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Please tell which countertop should I go with granite or marble for my new kitchen.

seancarlos's Avatar (by Gravatar) by seancarlos in  Kitchen

Just shifted to my new house and getting modular kitchen done but I am confused for my counter top not getting with which  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can section of kitchen cabinets be pulled away from wall

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen

I have a plumbing leak behind a section of 3 small base cabinets in the kitchen. They are screwed together and have a 2-piece  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Have a two bowl sink...side of disposal is clogged and won't drain in to the oth

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen

My sink with the j trap is draining fine. The disposer side will not drain into the pipe. I turn the disposer on and it just  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to identify kitchen faucet

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I insulate a bermed crawl space.

Need Advice's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Need Advice in  Insulation »

I have a crawl space that is about four feet deep. Bermed inside with vapor barrier then gravel on top of that. It is very  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Am I requred to hang drywall to cover an insulated garage in New Mexico

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Insulation »

Our garage is insulated. I would like to know if New Mexico building or the UBC require drywall be installed to cover insulation.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best insulation method to use on the walls of a board and batten barn?

Butch S.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Butch S. in  Insulation »

The walls of the barn are on 16" centered 2"X6" studs. The wooden board and batten siding is far from waterproof.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I add fiberglass insulation over rock wool in an attic?

Jean's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jean in  Insulation »

We recently bought a 160-year-old farmhouse that has 2inches of rock wool between the joists in the attic. We would like  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to stop flying fiber glass in attic, getting into everything

Charlotte's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Charlotte in  Insulation »

My attic's fiberglass has broken down and is flying everywhere. Gotten in to house. Is there a glue to spray on it to adhere  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

foil-backed foam insulation

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Insulation »

what is the proper way to install foam board? Foil inside or out where to place adhesive?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Plywood attached to rafters to vent the soffit.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Insulation »

I'm looking to add insulation to my attic. It most places the insulation is only about 6 inches deep. There are soffit  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Concrete slab over dirt floor and best insulation for basement - California

Andy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Andy in  Insulation »

I have a basement/crawl space with a dirt floor (California Zone 3 1920s wooden frame house). Two questions: 1) I'd  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Insulating a condo

Barbara....condo owner Reynoldsburg.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Barbara....condo owner Reynoldsburg. in  Insulation »

Is an attic part of only the 2nd story condos? The 1st story only has concrete above them (the floor of the upstairs). The  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Any available spray to prevent fiberglass insulation particles fly in attic?

Nestor's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nestor in  Insulation »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to fix problem of old air borne rock wool insulation in house

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Insulation »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Wot is price for loft insulation

Michael's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Michael in  Insulation »

What is the prices for loft insulation  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can mice chew through blown in insulation

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Insulation »

I recently had blown in insulation put under my house which is a crawl space I had mice before this and the workers told  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

whats the r value of 3/4 fiberboard insul. "Buildrite"