Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

crooked bulkhead level cabinets,how do i fix the gaps?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Carpentry

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Do I need a primer,to paint latex paint over oil base paint?

Cam's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cam in  Painting »

Wish to paint over a oil base paint with a latex paint. Do I need to use a primer on the oil base paint? Exterior painting.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

rubber base trim in basement, got latex paint splatter on it, know how to remove ez?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is it possible to redirect an under ground stream under a home using concrete fill?

I live in an townhome in Colorado. My neighbors back in 2010 or 2011 had water in their basement. I didn't have any. It  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

have changed to LED's on motion sensor. when off LEDs' have a low glow

I have a motion detector in my garage and have always used standard lights. I just changed to LED's and they are great when  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Will gfi trip when removing pool lights im trying to test them outside the water?

Water got inside my Pentair SAM pool lights and tripped the GFI. When I reset the GFI it trips the breaker all that is working  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

gas leaking in oil pan

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Small Engines »

I HAVE A 9 KOHLER WER AND THE GAS IS GETTIN THE OIL PAN  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Window cleaning

houseofblinds's Avatar (by Gravatar) by houseofblinds in  Cleaning »

What is the best way to clean windows without leaving water marks. Water marks and streaks give a untidy look to the otherwise  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

gorilla glue on sink.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Cleaning »

what to use to remove it.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

furnace gas burner will not shut off

I have a Sear's wall mount direct vent gas furnace; The burners will not shut off (thermostat disconected wires undone);I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Does anyone have a picture of where you wire in a Trane sump heater?

My heat pump outdoor unit starting blowing a breaker and the tech who came out said the compressor was shot because the sump  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

I have model a7q08f2a fedders window air conditioner that run but don't cool

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

repairing loose stone steps

I have stone steps beside my house about 10 levels (vertical) Unfortunately a number of these steps have become loose and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Any place to get cabinets made by BRAMMER MANUFACTURING CO?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »

Looking to buy additional cabinets to match existing. Any place to get cabinets made by BRAMMER MANUFACTURING CO?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

replace r410a refrigerant with what other type of refrigerant?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

can another refrigerant such as r134a replace r410a refrigerant?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can we fill in the unneeded ductwork in a concrete slab?

Joan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Joan in  Climate Control »

We have a ranch house with no basement on a concrete slab foundation. The duct work is in the slab. We are planning to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to get firewood upstairs

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

We have a house on a steep slope. Firewood is delivered at ground level and fireplace is 3 stories up.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

where can i get a new thermostat for my 0807 stripper

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have an emerson quiet kool air condioner through the window model # VWE-5190C.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the black tar stuff around the pipe from the ac unit going into the house

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

What is the black tar stuff around the pipe going from the ac unit into the house?  ... read more »