Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Window AC spits out black flakes

Mary's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Mary in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I have an 8 thousand btu window unit that spits out black flakes of soot. Do I need a new unit or what?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Horrid sickly smell coming from behind my under counter fridge

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Got horrid sickly smell coming from behind my under counter fridge or freezer not sure which as they  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

my sisters 20+ yr old central air is out compressor is bad can it be replaced

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Repair man come out yesterday first told her it was out of freeon then upon testing for leak discovered  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

little worm like things in pool

its an above ground pool15X48 left it down over winter because of a hole repaired it and filled vavumed  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

2004 white-rodgers thermostat

Kathy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Kathy in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

What does the flashing snowflake display indicate?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

a/c is only working when thermostat is set to 63

numismatist's Avatar (by Gravatar) by numismatist in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

My a/c is working but it only will come on when I set the thermostat to 63. I normally have it on 74.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

singer heater - missing knob

jj's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jj in  Appliances »

I recently had to have all my wiring redone in a house that hurt by hurricane sandy. When the electrician  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

does air conditioner need to be on a slab

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Whirlpool washer whirring noise

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

I have a 12 year old Whirlpool washer (MN - LSQ8520JQ1) that has developed a new noise. It is a whirring  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the canadian term for acro props? Where can I buy some? Thank you

Adrian's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Adrian in  General Construction »

Acro props are metal poles with a thread that has a plate on enabling you to jack it up to take the weight  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Is Rooto professional drain opener safe with PVC pipes?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing »

Is rooto professional drain opener with sulfuric acid safe to use in plastic pipes  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the make tonnage of Heat Pump Model 650AN042-D ?

Ken Sicher 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken Sicher in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

My heat pump died and a friend told me he had one I could have and sent me a pic of the info plate.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where to get parts for the 10x20 steel frame canopy from Costco

irritated and annoyed's Avatar (by Gravatar) by irritated and annoyed in  Yard »

Does anyone know where to get parts for the 10x20 steel frame canopy from Costco. The # for customer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 4 times. Add your answer today!

Central airconditioner having problems, when it tries to run the lights brighten-dim-brighten etc

maxpeterson2002's Avatar (by Gravatar) by maxpeterson2002 in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

The heat exchanger outside never comes on. There is air moving through the vents in the house but it  ... read more »

This question has been answered 7 times. Add your answer today!

is there a free site where you can list contractors that are or are not favorable

joanne's Avatar (by Gravatar) by joanne in  Other »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Outside AC unit makes black smoke and quits

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I changed the filters in my unit and when I turned it back on it wouldn't blow cold! A friend of mine  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Lamp socket too hot to touch. Dangerous?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

water on window a/c vents

cc's Avatar (by Gravatar) by cc in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

why is that i have water on my a/c vents its a new a/c that i just brought used i don't understand why  ... read more »