Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Older house can't get gas turned on without upgrades

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction » Codes and Regulations

I turned off the gas to my 1968 ranch house while I traveled for awhile. When I called the gas company  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

window air conditioner keeps resetting thermostat to what the room temperature i

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

the window air conditioner we set it to 70 cool and than changes the 70 to what ever the temperature  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I buy a small can of R22 Freon

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I replace the fan motor in my Lennox 13ACD-036 ?

The fan on our downstairs unit is not turning now. I've tried turning it with a screwdriver but it's  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Architectural coatings warranty

Carlos Barragan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Carlos Barragan in  Painting »

My question is about how 3 4 or lifetime warranty could apply in architectural paints when surface  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do you have to empty your drywell?

do you have to empty your drywell? if so how?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

On new HVAC (furnace and condenser) what shall I opt for: Carrier Infinity SEER 17 or Amana 17?

Amana is luring customers with life-long warranties and lower price; it's a new kid on the HVAC block;  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Refrigerator size

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Will a refrigerator with dimensions of 36 x 32 fit and operate in an opening 36 x 32?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Window AC spits out black flakes

I have an 8 thousand btu window unit that spits out black flakes of soot. Do I need a new unit or what?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Horrid sickly smell coming from behind my under counter fridge

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Got horrid sickly smell coming from behind my under counter fridge or freezer not sure which as they  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

my sisters 20+ yr old central air is out compressor is bad can it be replaced

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

Repair man come out yesterday first told her it was out of freeon then upon testing for leak discovered  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

little worm like things in pool

its an above ground pool15X48 left it down over winter because of a hole repaired it and filled vavumed  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

2004 white-rodgers thermostat

What does the flashing snowflake display indicate?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

a/c is only working when thermostat is set to 63

numismatist's Avatar (by Gravatar) by numismatist in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

My a/c is working but it only will come on when I set the thermostat to 63. I normally have it on 74.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

singer heater - missing knob

jj's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jj in  Appliances »

I recently had to have all my wiring redone in a house that hurt by hurricane sandy. When the electrician  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

does air conditioner need to be on a slab

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Whirlpool washer whirring noise

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

I have a 12 year old Whirlpool washer (MN - LSQ8520JQ1) that has developed a new noise. It is a whirring  ... read more »