Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

How is the best way to clean oil spots that have been there a week?

Karenda lighthouse bay's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Karenda lighthouse bay in  Masonry » Concrete

I do not have a picture but the painter told me to move my car so the crew could start paint the carport. four days later  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have water seeping our of very small holes in the mortar between my bricks. These bricks are 8 feet under my basement floor.

The sump pump has never turned on because it is 8 feet above ground. What is the source of this small drainage? Is it coming  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can i evenly cut a piece of brick

looking for a way to have an even corner on a flower bed made of brick  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you put brick or brick veneer over stucco?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Do I have to remove the paint on my concrete steps before I lay bricks over them?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Has State Farm Insurance Company ever paid a claim on hail damage brick?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do I raise brick veneer on settling front porch slab

I have a front porch that is on a concrete slab and has settled along with the brick veneer wall of the house. I am almost  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Brick repointing butcher job

Texas Kingsnake's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Texas Kingsnake in  Masonry » Brick »

I had someone repair my front brick porch. Is this job SO bad that I should refuse to pay the balance and tell the contractor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

imtrying to remove smears around the old shutters that someone had painted carel

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Developer Wants Some of My Land for a Road -- What do I need to know?

sarthaz's Avatar (by Gravatar) by sarthaz in  Land Ownership  »

Hello My house is in a neighborhood that was at one time intended to be much larger. But the developer went out of  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what kind of wood is best for fences in Florida ?

Ann's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ann in  Land Ownership  »

I need a fence put up that devides properity lines what kind of wood is best?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I removed tile between kitchen counter top and cabinets. How do I replace the wallboard

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am going to install a range hood and I want to use the existing vent outlet (6

mull's Avatar (by Gravatar) by mull in  Kitchen »

The existing vent outlet is 6" id. and center line is 60" from the floor. My question is can I run the new duct  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Please tell which countertop should I go with granite or marble for my new kitchen.

seancarlos's Avatar (by Gravatar) by seancarlos in  Kitchen »

Just shifted to my new house and getting modular kitchen done but I am confused for my counter top not getting with which  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can section of kitchen cabinets be pulled away from wall

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »

I have a plumbing leak behind a section of 3 small base cabinets in the kitchen. They are screwed together and have a 2-piece  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Have a two bowl sink...side of disposal is clogged and won't drain in to the oth

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »

My sink with the j trap is draining fine. The disposer side will not drain into the pipe. I turn the disposer on and it just  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to identify kitchen faucet

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I insulate a bermed crawl space.

Need Advice's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Need Advice in  Insulation »

I have a crawl space that is about four feet deep. Bermed inside with vapor barrier then gravel on top of that. It is very  ... read more »