Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

what is the time allowed before driving on a new 4" concrete driveway?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Driveway

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

where do i purchase ground asphalt? n e tampa

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Driveway

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I want to extend my driveway and level it off. Who is best company for thsi type of work?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Driveway

Asphalt driveway. Want to extend beyong entrance to garage. Want to have kid's cars parked off of the street. When home  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am a contractor who has a dump truck and is renting the truck I need a release form for the homeowner to sign

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Driveway

I am a contractor who is renting my dump truck to a roofing company and I want the a release form for the homeowner. It will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

On one corner of my driveway a 2x2ftx2ft hole developed, it is partially under my driveway

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Driveway

Should this be filled with dirt or gravel?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

The fill around my culvert is being eroded under my concrete drive.

Budman05's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Budman05 in  Yard » Driveway

The fill around my culvert which sits under a concrete drive is eroding. It is happening because the drainage ditch has  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to remove paint between deck boards with out stripping complete deck

Hi I have a presure treated deck that is over 20 years old still in good shape over the years i have gone from stain to paint.from  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Wheelbarrow

I found a wheelbarrow in the middle of a busy road. It is missing the wheel rod and bracket. Is there a cheap alternative  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can i build a ground level deck with stairs and landing with untreated wood and just stain right away.

There will be no posts in the ground. They will be surface mounted and some with j_bolts.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do i need to remove the5/8 x 6 deck boards before sheeting the deck in plywood

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

When building a deck on clay soil how wide should the cement posts be

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

connecting lattice panels on an octagon deck

gardenhelpneeded's Avatar (by Gravatar) by gardenhelpneeded in  Yard » Deck »

My deck is an octagon. We have lattice panels on the bottom and they keep coming out from the T-connectors the contractor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I want to replace my 2nd story redwood deck with a concrete deck. will thatwork?

I have a large redwood deck on the 2nd story of my house. It is approx. 25' x 30' I realize you have to have sloping  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

does oil deck stain work well even if it became cloudy over the winter

I stained my deck last summer and left the residual stain in the garage as I had a surplus. It did get down to about 20  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My deck is dry and the boards are splintering how can I repair without A new dec

My deck is old dry and is splintering.....how can I repair it without replacing boards? It is a two level deck....  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Deck paint peeling after one year. Can I use porch paint over treated wood?

Had deck redone with treated wood but waited 3 years to put solid grey deck stain on. Prior to staining washed with soap  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can you mix treated wood with ipe wood

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Raw linseed oil on cedar planking of our deck did not totally absorb into the cedar . . .

This was only one coat and I put it on pretty thick because two years ago when I did it the cedar sucked up the first  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Did anyone had a problem with painting wood treated with Jasco wood preservative

Couple years ago I had my Deck rebuilt. We treated the wood with JASCO Copper Clear Wood Preservative 1st; then built it.  ... read more »