Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Thermostat reads -AC

Maren's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Maren in  Climate Control » Heating

Our air conditioning has been out for a couple years but the heater still worked... Tonight we tried turning it on and the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Does anone have a pdf of the care/repair manual for the Homart 20 " Fan #9303 - 9305

algie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by algie in  Climate Control »

I have a Sears Homart Whole House Cooling Fan Model 9303 - 0305. I am seeking a repair/service manual for this unit. If anyone  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Burnt out Aldi ambiano bullet kettle

Alpsmith's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Alpsmith in  Kitchen »

We bought an Aldi ambiano bullet kettle about three months ago and it's burnt out due to what is clearly a manufacturing  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Size and dimensions

Mindy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Mindy in  Kitchen »

Can you tell me what the cu. ft. and dimensions are of my Kenmore model #253.78973801?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what size is my Kenmore refrigerator model # 25378299899

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

I am trying to figure out the size of my Kenmore refrigerator model # 25378299899 serial # LA10606880 manufactured in Feb  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

discontinued armstrong ceiling tiles. 908

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Ceiling »

Looking for discontinued Armstrong ceiling tiles 908. In hermann mo. Need at least 12. M.Bish. Comment here to contact  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

I have a Temco Pre-vent wall heater, model GSW20-2. The control knob has no effect on the heat, it is hot all the time. Any suggestions

John's Avatar (by Gravatar) by John in  Climate Control » Heating

I am looking to repair the unit so the heat can be turned down as needed. Currently it seems to be on high all the time.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Dead animal smell coming from crack in cement

Caleb's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Caleb in  Environment »

I'm considering purchasing a house. There's a fire pit with some cement and stone benches in the back yard. Yet there is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Vegetalbe Oil on house bricks...

BrydieS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by BrydieS in  Cleaning »

Our deep fryer blew up and popped its lid off and spattered oil down the house bricks in our alfresco. At the time we had  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Priming a lawnmower

Ilovelisa76's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ilovelisa76 in  Tools and Equipment » Lawn Mowers »

My mower starts even without priming it. Sounds like a good problem to have. Even though it starts up right away should i  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

hinge pin locks

How can I keep someone out of a locked door? They are removing the hinge pins that are on the outside.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what size is my kenmore chest freezer 253.14502101

Kristine's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Kristine in  Appliances »

Trying to determine cubic feet of Kenmore chest freezer model number 253.14502101 Thank you  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

KENMORE #25365802500

SANDY's Avatar (by Gravatar) by SANDY in  Appliances »

WHAT SIZE IS MY KNEMORE FRIDE MODEL #25365802500  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Hanging an awkward heavy cupbaord

michael timberlake's Avatar (by Gravatar) by michael timberlake in  Carpentry »

Hi I'm no DIY expert but I usually manage to bumble through but this has me stumped. I have a quite heavy (10-15kg)  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

House Fan Repairs and Troubleshootongs

I have a Fan that started to Squeak it seamed was the bearing. Pulled the motor apart cleaned and greased the bearings  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Hornets

Phyllis's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Phyllis in  Carpentry »

How can I get rid of very large hornets living under the cedar shingles of my house  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Post for clothes line - Concrete

RockWillRed's Avatar (by Gravatar) by RockWillRed in  Masonry » Concrete »

I have a 4" steel pipe (11') that I want to use as a clothesline post. The soil is well drained sandy soil with winter  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Foundation, Water, or Plumbing Issue?

enauta's Avatar (by Gravatar) by enauta in  Plumbing »

Looked at a house for sale today. The sidewalk slab next to the porch is sunken away from the house. The patio on the exact  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Claim against local utility

Simon Yu's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Simon Yu in  Homeowners Insurance »

New here trying to get some advice from experts or those who had similar experience before. Long story short. Home water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to remove scratches from stainless steel refrigerator doors

Marcia's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Marcia in  Appliances »

Stainless Steel scratches on refrigerator doors..........I just bought a house and the stainless steel refrigerator doors  ... read more »