Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

trouble shoot a grohe 34 122 thermostatic valve

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing

The hot water only trickles out ...while the cold flows like a river. Need more hot to mix so I can fill  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

why is there air in the water lines?

I own a 2 story home and have been experiencing air in the water lines (toilet & sink) in only one  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do i have to replace all of a orangeburg pipe if just a area is clogged with roots

I have a clogged sewer line and I'm told by the plumber that roots have crushed the pipe and it needs  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Heating/Cooling systems

DWSKAMS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DWSKAMS in  Climate Control »

I'm a new homeowner and have questions about my heating/cooling system. If replying please use small  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

I would like to disconnect Honeywell Chronotherm III

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

When we moved in to our home the Honeywell chronotherm III was programmed. I would like to turn off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how much is a 25 ft plum tree worth

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Garden »

lady hit my plum tree with her car and now it is dying need to get estimate for insurance co.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I use the self cleaning feature of the Caloric Prestige electric range

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Cleaning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

what should stair rail bracket spacing be?

Alan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Alan in  General Construction »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Water heater drain dripping hot water

I have a thermal expansion tank connected to my hot water heater. The hot water heater is under 5 years  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do hard start kits work on stuck compressors

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

if i sell or move and take it with me is my trane heat pump warranty good

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

I thinking about moving and was wondering if I sale my trane heat pump would the warranty transfer to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Plumber

Mil's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Mil in  Plumbing

I have an old house and it has iron/galvanized pipe from the water main throughout the house. What will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what do i do if i smell gas in my attic

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where is a slow blow fuse in airconditioner

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why does my drain pump on a Mastercool evaporative cooler run so often

Matt P. 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Matt P. in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

why does my drain pump on a Mastercool evaporative cooler run so often? Since the system has been  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

cost of replacing hvac home unit

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

have 2000 sqft home propane heater  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

The mix valve on my water heater does not work, tap water is cold, no hot water

The Mix Valve on my water heater tank is not working properly Several time I lost hot water supply.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my ac coil does not sweat at all

hiteckneck's Avatar (by Gravatar) by hiteckneck in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Older house can't get gas turned on without upgrades

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction » Codes and Regulations »

I turned off the gas to my 1968 ranch house while I traveled for awhile. When I called the gas company  ... read more »