Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Water heater drain dripping hot water

I have a thermal expansion tank connected to my hot water heater. The hot water heater is under 5 years  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do hard start kits work on stuck compressors

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

if i sell or move and take it with me is my trane heat pump warranty good

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

I thinking about moving and was wondering if I sale my trane heat pump would the warranty transfer to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Plumber

Mil's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Mil in  Plumbing »

I have an old house and it has iron/galvanized pipe from the water main throughout the house. What will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what do i do if i smell gas in my attic

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where is a slow blow fuse in airconditioner

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why does my drain pump on a Mastercool evaporative cooler run so often

Matt P. 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Matt P. in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

why does my drain pump on a Mastercool evaporative cooler run so often? Since the system has been  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

cost of replacing hvac home unit

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

have 2000 sqft home propane heater  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

The mix valve on my water heater does not work, tap water is cold, no hot water

The Mix Valve on my water heater tank is not working properly Several time I lost hot water supply.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my ac coil does not sweat at all

hiteckneck's Avatar (by Gravatar) by hiteckneck in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Older house can't get gas turned on without upgrades

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction » Codes and Regulations »

I turned off the gas to my 1968 ranch house while I traveled for awhile. When I called the gas company  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

window air conditioner keeps resetting thermostat to what the room temperature i

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

the window air conditioner we set it to 70 cool and than changes the 70 to what ever the temperature  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I buy a small can of R22 Freon

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I replace the fan motor in my Lennox 13ACD-036 ?

Ken's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

The fan on our downstairs unit is not turning now. I've tried turning it with a screwdriver but it's  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Architectural coatings warranty

Carlos Barragan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Carlos Barragan in  Painting »

My question is about how 3 4 or lifetime warranty could apply in architectural paints when surface  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do you have to empty your drywell?

do you have to empty your drywell? if so how?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

On new HVAC (furnace and condenser) what shall I opt for: Carrier Infinity SEER 17 or Amana 17?

Val's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Val in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Amana is luring customers with life-long warranties and lower price; it's a new kid on the HVAC block;  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Refrigerator size

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Will a refrigerator with dimensions of 36 x 32 fit and operate in an opening 36 x 32?  ... read more »