Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

do i have to put gravel under the concrete ?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how many 80# bags of cement does it take to fill an 18" by 42" pillar form?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the best thing to do if your slab of concete is a quarter inch of for le

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

my slab of concrete where shed is going is one quarter inch off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

4 separate old concrete slabs 2 are raising up

mg27's Avatar (by Gravatar) by mg27 in  Masonry » Concrete

I have a small enclosed on 4 sides court yard with 4 slabs about 8 x 10 ft. which extends under my siding about an inch.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

On an older concrete garage floor, what load would you anticipate being able to support, PSF?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how many 94 lb bags of portland cement to a cubic yard

Ed's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ed in  Masonry » Concrete

i am filling the walls of storm shelter and pouring a top. Will need approx 2.6 cu. yes.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Mailbox demolished still have base can I place cement right on base for post?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How is the best way to clean oil spots that have been there a week?

Karenda lighthouse bay's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Karenda lighthouse bay in  Masonry » Concrete

I do not have a picture but the painter told me to move my car so the crew could start paint the carport. four days later  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have water seeping our of very small holes in the mortar between my bricks. These bricks are 8 feet under my basement floor.

The sump pump has never turned on because it is 8 feet above ground. What is the source of this small drainage? Is it coming  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can i evenly cut a piece of brick

looking for a way to have an even corner on a flower bed made of brick  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you put brick or brick veneer over stucco?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Do I have to remove the paint on my concrete steps before I lay bricks over them?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Has State Farm Insurance Company ever paid a claim on hail damage brick?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do I raise brick veneer on settling front porch slab

I have a front porch that is on a concrete slab and has settled along with the brick veneer wall of the house. I am almost  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Brick repointing butcher job

Texas Kingsnake's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Texas Kingsnake in  Masonry » Brick »

I had someone repair my front brick porch. Is this job SO bad that I should refuse to pay the balance and tell the contractor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

imtrying to remove smears around the old shutters that someone had painted carel

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Developer Wants Some of My Land for a Road -- What do I need to know?

sarthaz's Avatar (by Gravatar) by sarthaz in  Land Ownership  »

Hello My house is in a neighborhood that was at one time intended to be much larger. But the developer went out of  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what kind of wood is best for fences in Florida ?

Ann's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ann in  Land Ownership  »

I need a fence put up that devides properity lines what kind of wood is best?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I removed tile between kitchen counter top and cabinets. How do I replace the wallboard

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Kitchen »