Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

i spilled lighter fluid on concrete pavers and it stained it,how can i get it off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

We had a basement leak issue today. At first glance, it appears that the crock/sump pump could not keep up with the inflow of ground water.

John's Avatar (by Gravatar) by John in  Masonry » Concrete

However the moisture appears to be "hugging" the perimiter of the outside and inside walls. Our home is 6 years  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my stoop has holes around it I think critters are come in under it what can i do?

linda's Avatar (by Gravatar) by linda in  Masonry » Concrete

I had a friend check it he took a broom handle and stuck it in the hole and the hold handle went in. What should i do.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Do I need to put gravel under my footing?

Brandon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Brandon in  Masonry » Concrete

Right now I have dug down 4 feet to get below frost line I live in ND so we do have some freezing and thawing going on....  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best way to fix a big sink hole (2 x 1.5 x 0.18 square meter) under front porch?

Jane's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jane in  Masonry » Concrete

What's the best way to fix a big sink hole under front porch? The foundation company checked the foundation and told the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I recently poured a concrete driveway. It is on average 6 inches thick how long will it take to cure to put car traffic on it ?

Anomyous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anomyous in  Masonry » Concrete

We poured the slab in two pours this past Friday and Saturday. The daytime temperature has been a high of 70-85 degrees  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how long after a porch is poured should I wait until I epoxy bolts for handrail

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

trying to get specs on a concrete pad for an above ground 2500 gallon water tank and a concrete pad 40' X 70' to place a mobile home on

Jennifer's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jennifer in  Masonry » Concrete

Want to know grade and thickness for 2 separate concrete pads. One will be housing a mobile home 60' X 30' with the pad  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I adhere concrete speed bumps to an existing concrete driveway

rickity's Avatar (by Gravatar) by rickity in  Masonry » Concrete

Someone is giving me some concrete speed bumps (brand new from the concrete manufacturer). My home is on a slope. The road  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do you know when its time to re-concrete a walkway verses repairing it

TW's Avatar (by Gravatar) by TW in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I've just replaced a garage service door. The concrete floor is not level. I have a half inch void under the aluminum threshold.

Rick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rick in  Masonry » Concrete

What type of material would best fill this void and also support the threshold???  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

10 by 14 foot concrete pad how much cost

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Cost to hire someone to move broken up concrete down small hill to our lake

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is crushed rock needed under concrete driveways? Ken Vancouver, Wash.

ken's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ken in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I made a morter curb in my barn, do I need to seal that or cover it?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How many wheelbarrows for a yard of concrete?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Putting 6" slab in P.B. Should I put insulation under slab? I'm in MN.

harleyron74's Avatar (by Gravatar) by harleyron74 in  Masonry » Concrete

Installing A 6" slab in A pole barn. Should I put in foam insulation under the slab? No heat in barn but at 63 Y.O.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do i have to put gravel under the concrete ?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how many 80# bags of cement does it take to fill an 18" by 42" pillar form?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the best thing to do if your slab of concete is a quarter inch of for le

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Masonry » Concrete

my slab of concrete where shed is going is one quarter inch off  ... read more »