Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

gas valve not working in a hot dawg heater( LED steady glow)

Glenn's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Glenn in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do you remove the wires from a slater wall switch?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

1978 unitrol rv water heater schematic for the way the hoses hook up

newbie camping mama's Avatar (by Gravatar) by newbie camping mama in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

I just bought a 1978 chevy travelcraft 23' motorhome and need to see a schematic of the way the hoses  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

20 Degree Rule

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have 1765 sq.ft. home in Texas with an 4-ton unit when it's 103 outside and 76 inside and that we  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

how do i fix sticky bathroom rugs and mats

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Cleaning »

I washed and hanged my bathroom rugs out to dry they became sticky and I don't want to put them on the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is payne 16 seer unit any good

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

a lot of negative consumer feedback on one of the websites is that old news or still a problem?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Removing my A/C condensation pump

I converted my A/C unit to a gravity condensation removal thus making my condensation pump obsolete.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to get drywall dust out of screens

Tori's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Tori in  Cleaning »

We've attempted the obvious cleaning techniques including using a power wash but nothing has worked  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

slant/fin liberty l-30h-p burner will start if i press relay and hold it

keet's Avatar (by Gravatar) by keet in  Climate Control » Heating

i can only get burner to start if i press and hold relay until it reaches temp. then it will shut off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

NC code question regarding heat pump

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have a Carrier Air Handler/ Evaporator coil and a Trane Heat Pump. The Carrier unit is bad and my  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What to do when the tape around the ducts melts from attic heat

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

should copper pipes be used, and fitted on an external wall without insulation?

colin m from guardbridge, fife.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by colin m from guardbridge, fife. in  Plumbing »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

trouble shoot a grohe 34 122 thermostatic valve

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing »

The hot water only trickles out ...while the cold flows like a river. Need more hot to mix so I can fill  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

why is there air in the water lines?

I own a 2 story home and have been experiencing air in the water lines (toilet & sink) in only one  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do i have to replace all of a orangeburg pipe if just a area is clogged with roots

I have a clogged sewer line and I'm told by the plumber that roots have crushed the pipe and it needs  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Heating/Cooling systems

DWSKAMS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DWSKAMS in  Climate Control »

I'm a new homeowner and have questions about my heating/cooling system. If replying please use small  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

I would like to disconnect Honeywell Chronotherm III

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

When we moved in to our home the Honeywell chronotherm III was programmed. I would like to turn off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how much is a 25 ft plum tree worth

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Garden »

lady hit my plum tree with her car and now it is dying need to get estimate for insurance co.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I use the self cleaning feature of the Caloric Prestige electric range

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Cleaning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

what should stair rail bracket spacing be?

Alan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Alan in  General Construction »