Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

how to fix a bad mud/tape drywall job. room was already painted; look horrible

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Painting old summer house

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

Wanting to paint the old previously woodstained summer house. Does anyone know if it's ok to undercoat in a cheap Matt emulsion  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Strange find while remodeling my bathroom.

WillC1978's Avatar (by Gravatar) by WillC1978 in  Bathroom »

I have started to remove what I though was wallpaper that had been painted over. Underneath the white latex paint is another  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

reusing toilet flange bolts that have been cut

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Bathroom »

I accidentally loosen bolt from flange groove after toilet was put on. This happened while hack sawing bolt. Should I reuse  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Furnace Question

gypsyhorsefan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by gypsyhorsefan in  Climate Control » Heating »

This is of course a purely hypothetical situation. Imagine that someone purchased a house with a very old propane furnace  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

water coming into my basement through outside wall

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We have installed a liner and still have tar seeping through the bedroom wall...how do you fix that??

Old stone farmhouse where previous owners burnt anything in the Rayburn (ie pieces of old kitchen worktop) we now have installed  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How can I break a large granite rock into smaller pieces?

I have to put up a fence to keep my son out of my neighbors yard. I don't have many tools myself but I have access to many.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rough new driveway install, what can I do about it?

it appears 2 guys with no game plan . everything was fine till it was time to finish they did the swirl technique there  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to concrete over a small area of dirt

I have just dug up an area about 2ft by 2ft and I now want to concrete over it to blend in with the rest of my patio. How  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

pouring concrete over broken concrete

I have old broken concrete sidewalks. One section has been driven over by heavy trucks and is badly broken. Some of the rest  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

sidewalk has sunk need to raise it

part of a sidewalk has sunk enugh to allow water to stand need it higher  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Just painted our stamped concrete and don't know if we should repaint or strip it now

Just painted our stamped concrete and don't know if we should repaint or strip it now. We painted our concrete on Saturday  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i spilled lighter fluid on concrete pavers and it stained it,how can i get it off

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We had a basement leak issue today. At first glance, it appears that the crock/sump pump could not keep up with the inflow of ground water.

However the moisture appears to be "hugging" the perimiter of the outside and inside walls. Our home is 6 years  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my stoop has holes around it I think critters are come in under it what can i do?

I had a friend check it he took a broom handle and stuck it in the hole and the hold handle went in. What should i do.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Do I need to put gravel under my footing?

Right now I have dug down 4 feet to get below frost line I live in ND so we do have some freezing and thawing going on....  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the best way to fix a big sink hole (2 x 1.5 x 0.18 square meter) under front porch?

What's the best way to fix a big sink hole under front porch? The foundation company checked the foundation and told the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I recently poured a concrete driveway. It is on average 6 inches thick how long will it take to cure to put car traffic on it ?

We poured the slab in two pours this past Friday and Saturday. The daytime temperature has been a high of 70-85 degrees  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how long after a porch is poured should I wait until I epoxy bolts for handrail