Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Continuous fan running for furnace

Dave C's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dave C in  Climate Control

Hello; I apologize in advance if this is posted incorrectly. I tried to find this answer on my own to no avail. My  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to repair chipped slate tiles in front hallway?

My front hallway (1950's ranch) has a 6 x 12 foot section of irregular slate tiles. I am trying to fix things up prior to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do you get dry silicone caulk off tile if you've made a mistake?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Can electricity conduct through drywall?

I need help!!!! My science fair project is due thus Friday and I need to know if electricity can conduct through drywall.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is air space better than fibreglass insulation for noise reduction?

vern's Avatar (by Gravatar) by vern in  General Construction »

this is for interior walls with standard 2x4 's 16" on center and around new prehung doors.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Users manual for quartet wanted urgently please

Lyn's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lyn in  Technology »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

heater blowing hot then turns cold, checked furnace codes...they are okay

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 8 times. Add your answer today!

my kenmore dryer model 11086071810 when I push start button it hums but tub wont

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Kenmore dryer model 11086071810 I need advice on what is causing this problem when I push start button dryer hums but drum  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I have strange marks on the floorboards?

this is an image of the marks above the carpeting on the floorboard. The carpet and floorboards were replaced a couple months  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

If you lost the water container for a steam vac silver Hoover what would work

Andy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Andy in  Cleaning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how can I remove the top of a desk?

Nancy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nancy in  Furniture »

I rescued a very big and heavy desk from the side of the road last night. It will look great in the office but I can't fit  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

old two wire house adding new wire to existing runs

I have an old wired house with no ground wire and am adding new wire with ground to existing runs do I disregard the ground  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my kenmore dryer will not stop running in off postion

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

I have to unplug the dryer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

pex plumbing in attic exposed to extreme heat & cold

DJ's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DJ in  Plumbing »

It can get up to 160 degrees in the attic of a roof covered in concrete tiles. Since the water coming out of my cold water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

generator turns over if carb cleaner sprayed down carb throat, but only runs 3 seconds.

beerking1's Avatar (by Gravatar) by beerking1 in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

fresh fuel. full oil. new spark plug.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have an excess of cyanuric acid in my pool even after half draining it three times. Help !

The pool guys have been advising me to not use tablets anymore until I control the cyanuric acid level. Did that but started  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what size is my Kenmore 253.74812400

Dee's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dee in  Appliances »

I am trying to find the cubic feet of this model.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

3-way switch for my Lakewood floor

The 3-speed rotary switch on my Lakewood floor fan broke. The metal lhousing for the rotary switch has 6A 120V stamped  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

tiled shower leak?

Cynthia's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cynthia in  Bathroom »

Before I moved in I had a tub/shower with sliding glass door replace with a tiled shower. The renovation was done in 2009.  ... read more »