Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

crooked bulkhead level cabinets,how do i fix the gaps?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Carpentry

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I get homeowners insurance without having someone come inspect my home?

help please's Avatar (by Gravatar) by help please in  Plumbing » Water »

Can I get homeowners insurance without having someone come inspect my home? Also does homeowners insurance  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

4 Electrocuted mice,dirt & outside A/C fan not spinning

A/C outside fan not spinning. Took it apart and cleaned it good. Lots of pine needles mud and debris.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 7 times. Add your answer today!

discontinued armstrong ceiling tiles. 908

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Ceiling »

Looking for discontinued Armstrong ceiling tiles 908. In hermann mo. Need at least 12. M.Bish. Comment  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

will 1 1/4 in pipe fit into a gas meter

I am installing a brand new gas line in my house. I have calculated about 65 feet of total gas line  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

gas valve not working in a hot dawg heater( LED steady glow)

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do you remove the wires from a slater wall switch?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

1978 unitrol rv water heater schematic for the way the hoses hook up

newbie camping mama's Avatar (by Gravatar) by newbie camping mama in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

I just bought a 1978 chevy travelcraft 23' motorhome and need to see a schematic of the way the hoses  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

20 Degree Rule

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have 1765 sq.ft. home in Texas with an 4-ton unit when it's 103 outside and 76 inside and that we  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

how do i fix sticky bathroom rugs and mats

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Cleaning »

I washed and hanged my bathroom rugs out to dry they became sticky and I don't want to put them on the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is payne 16 seer unit any good

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

a lot of negative consumer feedback on one of the websites is that old news or still a problem?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Removing my A/C condensation pump

I converted my A/C unit to a gravity condensation removal thus making my condensation pump obsolete.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to get drywall dust out of screens

Tori's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Tori in  Cleaning »

We've attempted the obvious cleaning techniques including using a power wash but nothing has worked  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

slant/fin liberty l-30h-p burner will start if i press relay and hold it

i can only get burner to start if i press and hold relay until it reaches temp. then it will shut off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

NC code question regarding heat pump

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have a Carrier Air Handler/ Evaporator coil and a Trane Heat Pump. The Carrier unit is bad and my  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What to do when the tape around the ducts melts from attic heat

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

should copper pipes be used, and fitted on an external wall without insulation?

colin m from guardbridge, fife.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by colin m from guardbridge, fife. in  Plumbing »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

trouble shoot a grohe 34 122 thermostatic valve

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing »

The hot water only trickles out ...while the cold flows like a river. Need more hot to mix so I can fill  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

why is there air in the water lines?

I own a 2 story home and have been experiencing air in the water lines (toilet & sink) in only one  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do i have to replace all of a orangeburg pipe if just a area is clogged with roots

I have a clogged sewer line and I'm told by the plumber that roots have crushed the pipe and it needs  ... read more »