Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

have changed to LED's on motion sensor. when off LEDs' have a low glow

I have a motion detector in my garage and have always used standard lights. I just changed to LED's and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

rubber base trim in basement, got latex paint splatter on it, know how to remove ez?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

furnace gas burner will not shut off

I have a Sear's wall mount direct vent gas furnace; The burners will not shut off (thermostat disconected  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Does anyone have a picture of where you wire in a Trane sump heater?

My heat pump outdoor unit starting blowing a breaker and the tech who came out said the compressor was  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

I have model a7q08f2a fedders window air conditioner that run but don't cool

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

replace r410a refrigerant with what other type of refrigerant?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

can another refrigerant such as r134a replace r410a refrigerant?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can we fill in the unneeded ductwork in a concrete slab?

Joan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Joan in  Climate Control »

We have a ranch house with no basement on a concrete slab foundation. The duct work is in the slab.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

gas leaking in oil pan

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Small Engines »

I HAVE A 9 KOHLER WER AND THE GAS IS GETTIN THE OIL PAN  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Will gfi trip when removing pool lights im trying to test them outside the water?

Water got inside my Pentair SAM pool lights and tripped the GFI. When I reset the GFI it trips the breaker  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

is there remote control possibilites for the Heatilator GNDC36

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

gorilla glue on sink.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Cleaning »

what to use to remove it.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to get firewood upstairs

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

We have a house on a steep slope. Firewood is delivered at ground level and fireplace is 3 stories up.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

where can i get a new thermostat for my 0807 stripper

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have an emerson quiet kool air condioner through the window model # VWE-5190C.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the black tar stuff around the pipe from the ac unit going into the house

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

What is the black tar stuff around the pipe going from the ac unit into the house?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where do I buy touch up paint for a microwaave

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Clean light keeps flashing, dishwasher will not start. Kenmore dishwasher model 665

Carolea's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Carolea in  Kitchen »

I understand there is a way to reset but don't remember how.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Getting a roof replaced under Insurance (hail damage)

David's Avatar (by Gravatar) by David in  Roof »

I called in a claim a couple of weeks ago have a roofing company already chosen that helped to tell  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

crooked bulkhead level cabinets,how do i fix the gaps?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Carpentry »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can I get homeowners insurance without having someone come inspect my home?

help please's Avatar (by Gravatar) by help please in  Plumbing » Water »

Can I get homeowners insurance without having someone come inspect my home? Also does homeowners insurance  ... read more »