Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

THE BLOWER ON FURNACE WON'T SHUT OFF AND IS BLOWING COLD AIR

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i have a fault code 31 on a payne gas furnace pg8duu

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

i have a fault code 31 on a payne gas furnace pg8duu which indicates pressure draft safeguard aux-limit or blocked switch  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

should i plug in a heater in my basement to not freeze pipes?

wildwaters's Avatar (by Gravatar) by wildwaters in  Climate Control » Heating

My husband says that I should plug in a heater to keep the basement warm because of the cold weather to help not freeze pipes.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Ceiling Return Vent Holes are TO BIG

We painted my son's bedroom took down the ceiling ac vent covers. When we went to put them back the holes were stripped  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

soft water unit is leaking around valve body

soft water unit is leaking around valve body and tank is filling up with water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

wiring 3 way to 2 lights with 12/2 wire

i have 12/2 wire for 2 lights and want 3 way switches i'm looking for a wiring diagram  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what does a UV bulb do for a humidifer

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What maintenence is required for natural gas converted coal furnace?

Stanley's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Stanley in  Climate Control » Heating

House built in 1945 with original gravity furnace. I'm concerned burner or mixing valve or ? needs attention because it  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

rpj ii blows cold air

ERIN's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ERIN in  Climate Control » Heating

my furnace turns on it's gas but no heat comes out. I changed filter still nothing.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

It's getting cold inside! Service tech said heat exchanger failed in Oct. but heat has been kicking on when banging furnace with screwdriver

kel in WI's Avatar (by Gravatar) by kel in WI in  Climate Control » Heating

In April 2013 furnace would not blow hot air motor was running but no air blowing. Service tech replaced thermostat. I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

honeywell chronotherm 111 heater/ac

Sherrie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sherrie in  Climate Control » Heating

replaced batteries on honeywell chronotherm 111 heater/ac but still not working.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 4 times. Add your answer today!

How do you apply the bag of the ground porcelain to the emberglow 18

Included in the 18" emberglow non vent fireplace insert is a bag that I am calling ground porcelain. Am I supposed to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Peerless Boiler makes a large boom

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

I have a Peerless natural gas boiler the very intermittently when it lights makes a large boom.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is intermittent rattling sound in attic? Only happens on calm days.

Ken in Nebraska's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken in Nebraska in  Climate Control » Heating

I have a sound coming from the same spot in the attic. It is coming from a bedroom in the house that is above the furnace  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

ELEC. HEAT UNIT IN BASEMENT CONDENSER OUTSIDE FAN RUNS IN CONDENSER WHEN ON HEA

WAYNE's Avatar (by Gravatar) by WAYNE in  Climate Control » Heating

there is only elec. no gas and no venting to outside and the thermostat has auto on system cool off heat em heat what does  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to you program honeywell 97-5087

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

we bought a house with a honeywell 97-5087 it was set up for the other owners we tried to re set up program now the heater  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Gas valve flared fitting for a Baxi WM381 RS boiler

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

I have a Baxi WM381 RS boiler and im looking for a flared fitting for the gas valve. Can anyone help?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why is my downstairs 20 degrees colder than my upstairs?

Lee Lee KC Missouri's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lee Lee KC Missouri in  Climate Control » Heating

I have central heat/air set at 72. Upstairs maintains a comfortable 70F but downstairs is 49F. I've filled all the drafts  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have a rheem 90 plus furnace that is about 17 years old. It will not stay on.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 11 times. Add your answer today!
listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest