Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Best paint for aluminum gutters and trim

New home owner's Avatar (by Gravatar) by New home owner in  Painting

I washed the gutters and the paint came off . Now I need to paint . Could someone suggest a good brand of paint to use?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

would like to use an oil based stain on my old treated wood deck. will it absorb

jolynn's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jolynn in  Painting

just finished getting the paint off of deck floor as it was peeling badly. the wood is treated deck boards. do I need to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my bike cream polish become dry and i use it only for 2 times.please help me.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best product to remove paint from aluminum decorative posts

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best exterior flat paint that actually LOOKS flat!?

JP's Avatar (by Gravatar) by JP in  Painting

I'm trying to find a flat exterior paint and everything I've brought home so far (Behr Sherwin Williams) has been shiny.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Behr deck stain/paint

Debbie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Debbie in  Painting

I bought a 5-gallon bucket of Behr deck stain/paint. I thought it was stain. However my niece opened it stirred it real  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I put water-based paint on the oil-based Kilz primer?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

The bookshelf is now finished with oil-based stain and butchers wax. We want to have it painted white. We have a sufficient  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

paint peeling on basement block

Merry 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Merry in  Painting

paint on basement block wall has been peeling..I have a perimeter water away system that has been installed around the entire  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can i use appliance epoxy paint inside my microwave

RICH SAYLOR's Avatar (by Gravatar) by RICH SAYLOR in  Painting

can i use appliance epoxy paint inside my microwave  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to fix a bad mud/tape drywall job. room was already painted; look horrible

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Painting old summer house

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

Wanting to paint the old previously woodstained summer house. Does anyone know if it's ok to undercoat in a cheap Matt emulsion  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Strange find while remodeling my bathroom.

WillC1978's Avatar (by Gravatar) by WillC1978 in  Bathroom »

I have started to remove what I though was wallpaper that had been painted over. Underneath the white latex paint is another  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

reusing toilet flange bolts that have been cut

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Bathroom »

I accidentally loosen bolt from flange groove after toilet was put on. This happened while hack sawing bolt. Should I reuse  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Furnace Question

gypsyhorsefan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by gypsyhorsefan in  Climate Control » Heating »

This is of course a purely hypothetical situation. Imagine that someone purchased a house with a very old propane furnace  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

water coming into my basement through outside wall

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We have installed a liner and still have tar seeping through the bedroom wall...how do you fix that??

Old stone farmhouse where previous owners burnt anything in the Rayburn (ie pieces of old kitchen worktop) we now have installed  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How can I break a large granite rock into smaller pieces?

I have to put up a fence to keep my son out of my neighbors yard. I don't have many tools myself but I have access to many.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rough new driveway install, what can I do about it?

it appears 2 guys with no game plan . everything was fine till it was time to finish they did the swirl technique there  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to concrete over a small area of dirt

I have just dug up an area about 2ft by 2ft and I now want to concrete over it to blend in with the rest of my patio. How  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

pouring concrete over broken concrete

I have old broken concrete sidewalks. One section has been driven over by heavy trucks and is badly broken. Some of the rest  ... read more »