Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

maintenance free exterior

Betty's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Betty in  Painting

Our 60 yr old house and garage has three siding boards midway up the stucco wall. The wood siding has been painted many  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What type of paint is recommended for painting aluminum siding?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

What type of paint is recommended for painting aluminum siding?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is there a non-toxic (organic) treatment for the door sill that will protect it?

The Door Man's Avatar (by Gravatar) by The Door Man in  Painting

I am installing a new pine or oak door sill to replace the original sill which after 25 years broke into pieces. It was  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

problems in applying latex paint it gets "snotty"

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

I cleaned and sanded surface Applied latex satin paint and it seemed to clump and had long "snot" like trails  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can you change back an forth between oil base and latex paint with sprayer

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

I have only used a paint sprayer off an air compressor years ago. The airless rigs I know about from industry and they only  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what paint do you need for painting aluminum sliding glass door

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

have a wood working bench with a particle work surface.

Dick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dick in  Painting

I would like to seal the surface on my work bench. I built it with 1.5 inch particle board. What is the best sealer to put  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can I paint over exterior oil with Acrylic

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

Can exterior oil paint/stain for a house once dry be painted over with an exterior latex? My question really is are exterior  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to paint a cow on a propane tank

Ann's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ann in  Painting

I already painted my propane tank white now I m painting a cow on it any ideas  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I use exterior paint on my basement walls?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I dispose of thompsons water seal empty cans

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Latex paint overspray on old box woods trim or wait for new growth

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

rusting but no holes, should i paint after wire brushing (including squirrelcage

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have some interior wood chairs that I applied polyurethane to for use outdoors

Judy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Judy in  Painting

Now I would like to paint them for interior use. I tried a chalk paint on one but the paint seems to chip off easily. Would  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

built a chest of drawers 30 + years ago and finished with tung oil. looked grea

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

pine chest of drawers looked great with tung oil finish but now I am wanting to paint it with a light gray flat latex.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Best paint for aluminum gutters and trim

New home owner's Avatar (by Gravatar) by New home owner in  Painting

I washed the gutters and the paint came off . Now I need to paint . Could someone suggest a good brand of paint to use?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

would like to use an oil based stain on my old treated wood deck. will it absorb

jolynn's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jolynn in  Painting

just finished getting the paint off of deck floor as it was peeling badly. the wood is treated deck boards. do I need to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my bike cream polish become dry and i use it only for 2 times.please help me.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best product to remove paint from aluminum decorative posts

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best exterior flat paint that actually LOOKS flat!?

JP's Avatar (by Gravatar) by JP in  Painting

I'm trying to find a flat exterior paint and everything I've brought home so far (Behr Sherwin Williams) has been shiny.  ... read more »