Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

What would make a less than yr. old heat exchanger vertically split almost in half?

Sharon D.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sharon D. in  Climate Control

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Have a cordless phone with a base and 4 separate handsets.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Communications »

If someone calls the house why can't my wife and I talk on 2 different phones at the same time?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

looking for a 1/2 hp blower motor for a kenmore furnace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can I change semitransparent concrete stain color before and after it is sealed?

Nancy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nancy in  Floor »

I have used burnished gold rust-o-leum semi-transparent stain on our basement floor it is hideous. Everyone  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Advice on converting oil to electric - we have a 15kw solar system -

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

Just finished a 15kw solar system. Average (summer/fall-June to Oct 9.5 MWh produced) Would like to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

help, does anyone have a spare instruction sheet for the Towerstat RF controller

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

we have moved into new premises and have found a TOWERSTAT RF control panel but no instructions can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Need Backup Generator

Generator lover (but can't get one)'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Generator lover (but can't get one) in  Energy » Electrical »

I have a definite problem now that we're one of the states that got hit with Superstorm Sandy last year. Now  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Forced Air Natural gas Heater keeps cycling on and on

"extremely puzzled"'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by "extremely puzzled" in  Climate Control » Heating »

I seem to have a difficult to diagnose or explain problem with the Main House Heater Unit: It is an  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

need to determine if it is a robertshaw valve or sit valve. on a gnrc36 heatilator direct vent. 14 yrs old

ted knight's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ted knight in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

have a heatilator direct vent. model gnrc36. need to determine if it has a robertshaw or sit valve  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

How do I remove a Honeywell st699 programmer from its wall mounting?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

I wish to replace the existing Honeywell st699 central heating and hot water programmer but cannot see  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

wiring 3 way to 2 lights with 12/2 wire

i have 12/2 wire for 2 lights and want 3 way switches i'm looking for a wiring diagram  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i replace pellet stove insert with gas logs

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

I have a free standing fire place which i chsnged to a pellet stove insert now i would like to change  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have a Hoover Carpet Cleaner Model Number F7452900

Big Red's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Big Red in  Appliances »

The Brushes stopped turning. I cleaned the filter screen at the bottom of the unit by the brushes  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I check if air vent is working?

I just stumbled onto this site and all I can say is "where the heck have you been all my life"!.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

Trane XV90 Inducer Error codes - how to test components

sharvancik's Avatar (by Gravatar) by sharvancik in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have a XV90 Trance furnace that is calling for heat and before the inducer motor kicks in the 3 flasshes  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the cost to replace Baso 850 Switch

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Only cold air from furnace

I keep the gas off to furnace during summer months. Today I turned gas back on and shut power off to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I connected two 50 gallon gas water heaters in series. No hot water from tap ?

I have two 50 gallon gas water heaters which are connected in series with each other Both have hot  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

ideal logic 35 combi whistles from time to time any answers please

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

my ideal logic 35 + combi whistles from vent outside sometimes when running usualy when heating on any  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is min. front and side clearance from outside breaker box to a/c unit

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »