Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

How to paint teak furniture white ?

Homeowner's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Homeowner in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you substitute wagner paint fill tube

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

Lost the fill tube wonder if you can simply use another small pipe straw something about the same size?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I just prepped, and painted a new basement floor. Then I had a leak. Water stood on top of the paint and caused it to bubble in 2 areas.Help

Stressed out's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Stressed out in  Painting

I just cleaned a new concrete basement floor with TSP. I then etched it with Muriatic Acid. Then I painted it with Valspar  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is the best clear finish for a bamboo fence?

Ron's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ron in  Painting

What about spar varnish or urethane or clear stains? UV protection color retention and minimal maintenance are important.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I just paint over a dirty popcorn ceiling?

Filbert's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Filbert in  Painting

It contains asbestos and has been painted before. I don't want to clean it. I don't want to spray it. I just want to paint  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

maintenance free exterior

Betty's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Betty in  Painting

Our 60 yr old house and garage has three siding boards midway up the stucco wall. The wood siding has been painted many  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What type of paint is recommended for painting aluminum siding?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

What type of paint is recommended for painting aluminum siding?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is there a non-toxic (organic) treatment for the door sill that will protect it?

The Door Man's Avatar (by Gravatar) by The Door Man in  Painting

I am installing a new pine or oak door sill to replace the original sill which after 25 years broke into pieces. It was  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

problems in applying latex paint it gets "snotty"

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

I cleaned and sanded surface Applied latex satin paint and it seemed to clump and had long "snot" like trails  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can you change back an forth between oil base and latex paint with sprayer

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

I have only used a paint sprayer off an air compressor years ago. The airless rigs I know about from industry and they only  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what paint do you need for painting aluminum sliding glass door

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

have a wood working bench with a particle work surface.

Dick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dick in  Painting

I would like to seal the surface on my work bench. I built it with 1.5 inch particle board. What is the best sealer to put  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can I paint over exterior oil with Acrylic

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

Can exterior oil paint/stain for a house once dry be painted over with an exterior latex? My question really is are exterior  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to paint a cow on a propane tank

Ann's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ann in  Painting

I already painted my propane tank white now I m painting a cow on it any ideas  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can I use exterior paint on my basement walls?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I dispose of thompsons water seal empty cans

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Latex paint overspray on old box woods trim or wait for new growth

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

rusting but no holes, should i paint after wire brushing (including squirrelcage

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have some interior wood chairs that I applied polyurethane to for use outdoors

Judy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Judy in  Painting

Now I would like to paint them for interior use. I tried a chalk paint on one but the paint seems to chip off easily. Would  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

built a chest of drawers 30 + years ago and finished with tung oil. looked grea

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting

pine chest of drawers looked great with tung oil finish but now I am wanting to paint it with a light gray flat latex.  ... read more »