Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

need to determine if it is a robertshaw valve or sit valve. on a gnrc36 heatilator direct vent. 14 yrs old

ted knight's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ted knight in  Climate Control » Fireplaces

have a heatilator direct vent. model gnrc36. need to determine if it has a robertshaw or sit valve  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

How do I remove a Honeywell st699 programmer from its wall mounting?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

I wish to replace the existing Honeywell st699 central heating and hot water programmer but cannot see  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

wiring 3 way to 2 lights with 12/2 wire

i have 12/2 wire for 2 lights and want 3 way switches i'm looking for a wiring diagram  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i replace pellet stove insert with gas logs

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces

I have a free standing fire place which i chsnged to a pellet stove insert now i would like to change  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have a Hoover Carpet Cleaner Model Number F7452900

Big Red's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Big Red in  Appliances »

The Brushes stopped turning. I cleaned the filter screen at the bottom of the unit by the brushes  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I check if air vent is working?

I just stumbled onto this site and all I can say is "where the heck have you been all my life"!.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

Trane XV90 Inducer Error codes - how to test components

sharvancik's Avatar (by Gravatar) by sharvancik in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have a XV90 Trance furnace that is calling for heat and before the inducer motor kicks in the 3 flasshes  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the cost to replace Baso 850 Switch

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Only cold air from furnace

I keep the gas off to furnace during summer months. Today I turned gas back on and shut power off to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I connected two 50 gallon gas water heaters in series. No hot water from tap ?

I have two 50 gallon gas water heaters which are connected in series with each other Both have hot  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

ideal logic 35 combi whistles from time to time any answers please

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

my ideal logic 35 + combi whistles from vent outside sometimes when running usualy when heating on any  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is min. front and side clearance from outside breaker box to a/c unit

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my unused magnum alert 2000 randomly chirps

We inherited a Napco magnum alert 2000 alarm system when we bought our house in 2005. In the last year  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How come my roof leaks? This stuff sucks

John Mickelson's Avatar (by Gravatar) by John Mickelson in  General Construction »

I spent 100 000 on a pole shop with living quarters & the builder used tri ply for the vapor barrier  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

RUUD MODEL#UBEA-17J10NFDAI

RONDALE SILCOTT's Avatar (by Gravatar) by RONDALE SILCOTT in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

HOW MANY TONNAGE IS THIS UNIT  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What comes to mind when you think of the orange Home Depot 5 gallon multi-purpose bucket?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Other »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Is it possible to redirect an under ground stream under a home using concrete fill?

I live in an townhome in Colorado. My neighbors back in 2010 or 2011 had water in their basement. I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

have changed to LED's on motion sensor. when off LEDs' have a low glow

I have a motion detector in my garage and have always used standard lights. I just changed to LED's and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rubber base trim in basement, got latex paint splatter on it, know how to remove ez?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

furnace gas burner will not shut off

I have a Sear's wall mount direct vent gas furnace; The burners will not shut off (thermostat disconected  ... read more »