Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Why does my lochinvar boiler keep shutting down ??

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

My boiler keeps shutting down . . . it says lock out no flame . . .  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

starting circuit of 16 kw standby generac generator

bassmaster's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bassmaster in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

Tried to start my 16 kw generac generator (item 52440) today (outside temp 37 degrees) after having the system down for  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what does it mean when the display flashes F20?

DJ's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DJ in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can u replace a wood burning insert with a gas insert

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what does a code 31 mean on a payne forced hot air furnace the furnace is 4 year

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

what does a code 31 mean on a payne forced hot air furnace the furnace is 4 years old  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

worcester highflow 4.5 programmer reset

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

Which buttons do I press and hold  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is it ok to put a clip on air freshener in a return air duct, or clip to filter?

musicman's Avatar (by Gravatar) by musicman in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where is the water heater in a 28x66 cavalier mobile home

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

off site electrical interference

cable company says that someone in the area is putting electrical interference into the system which is causing our internet  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Mothball smell in fridge , need help !!

Zanzoon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Zanzoon in  Cleaning »

I had a bad smell in my fridge/freezer and I thought I'd use mothballs to get rid of it (not my brightest hour) . I even  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Does anyone have a comfort maker furnace manual from 1997?!

Help me 's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Help me in  Climate Control » Heating

We r in need! Our furnace needed a new board and now we need to reconnect it with the thermostat! Any suggestions?? We really  ... read more »

This question has been answered 4 times. Add your answer today!

COST F22 TO410 TO RUN

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

iam planing to instal a furnace in the attic do i have to built an insulated room around it?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Filter in cold air return causes a buzzing noise... How to fix.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the best way to heat an enclosed porch?

scott's Avatar (by Gravatar) by scott in  Climate Control » Heating

We bought a home which has an inclosed porch. The door side also has windows meaning just two storms and a screen for each  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

oil furnace goes off every 4-10 days but works after hitting reset button?

joe austin's Avatar (by Gravatar) by joe austin in  Climate Control » Heating

It is a FHA system. We are away for 10 -14 days and only here 2-4 days. When we come back it is 37' and when we hit the rest  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

what does flash code 12 mean on a 20 year old bryant furnace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Master Flow attic fan thermostat electrical question

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

The last owners of our house installed a Master Flow attic fan but the thermostat was so deep into the adjacent rafters  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What repairs/replacements can we expect for a 10 year old home in Virginia?

Sheri's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sheri in  General Construction »

We own a 10-year old two-story home (no basement) in Northern Virginia (we now live in California and rent it out). In the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What is the canadian term for acro props? Where can I buy some? Thank you

Adrian's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Adrian in  General Construction »

Acro props are metal poles with a thread that has a plate on enabling you to jack it up to take the weight of a structure  ... read more »