Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

is it any problem putting kerosene in an empty gas container that was used for gas

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why has the blower speed changed on nortron electric furnace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

american standard heat pump and furnace both run for awhile

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

it is normal?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

gas fireplace pilot lite but the logs will not lite...what should I do?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

where is red reset button

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

where is red reset button for pressure switch or draft inducer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

the chronotherm display says replace batteries, I did and the display remains

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

log placement for gas log fireplace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

Anything special about the log placement for gas log fireplace?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What is "stuck open limit" noted in the troubleshooting guide?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Garage »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the minimal distance for outlets code

My contractor just added 8720 dollars to the budget stating that the florida code law asks for 6 feet  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do you dry laminate floor in flooded basement

The washing machine overflowed and flooded the basement that has laminated floor on concrete slab. Can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Why is there a little red light on top of my transformer only on at night

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

RF Towerstat battery

Rebecca's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rebecca in  Climate Control » Heating

Can anyone help - my mum has a rf towerstat. The battery neeeded changing and when it was it just doest  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

What would make a less than yr. old heat exchanger vertically split almost in half?

Sharon D.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sharon D. in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Have a cordless phone with a base and 4 separate handsets.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Communications »

If someone calls the house why can't my wife and I talk on 2 different phones at the same time?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

looking for a 1/2 hp blower motor for a kenmore furnace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how can I change semitransparent concrete stain color before and after it is sealed?

Nancy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Nancy in  Floor »

I have used burnished gold rust-o-leum semi-transparent stain on our basement floor it is hideous. Everyone  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Advice on converting oil to electric - we have a 15kw solar system -

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

Just finished a 15kw solar system. Average (summer/fall-June to Oct 9.5 MWh produced) Would like to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

help, does anyone have a spare instruction sheet for the Towerstat RF controller

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

we have moved into new premises and have found a TOWERSTAT RF control panel but no instructions can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Need Backup Generator

Generator lover (but can't get one)'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Generator lover (but can't get one) in  Energy » Electrical »

I have a definite problem now that we're one of the states that got hit with Superstorm Sandy last year. Now  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Forced Air Natural gas Heater keeps cycling on and on

"extremely puzzled"'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by "extremely puzzled" in  Climate Control » Heating

I seem to have a difficult to diagnose or explain problem with the Main House Heater Unit: It is an  ... read more »