Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

is it ok to put coffee grounds in your septic system?

Ross Newland's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ross Newland in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have a cast iron stack with broken off 2in. PVC fittings, how do I remove them?

Cooper's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cooper in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is the the septic smell from an improperly installed drain trap dangerous to your health?

Diva D's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Diva D in  Plumbing » Sewage

I have been working in an office for over 6 years and have developed "motion sickness" type migraines. My mental  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

adapting waste line to cleanout in stack

bbB's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bbB in  Plumbing » Sewage

Hello! I would like to add a 2" waste line (with appropriate venting so not to "wet" vent) for a new washer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Siphon jet blocked by a small plastic disc

Daisy Mae's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Daisy Mae in  Plumbing » Sewage

The siphon jet on my toilet is blocked by a small plastic disc that came off my flapper. The disc is used to hold a float  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

retrieving screwdriver from laundry drain pipe

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Approved heat tape for plastic drain line,installed on the level??

STAN's Avatar (by Gravatar) by STAN in  Plumbing » Sewage

Never had Drain frozen before this cold winter. The heat tape I bought says NOT to use on Plastic DRAIN lines.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what company makes a toilet with a bowl higher than 16-1/2 inches?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what size drain do I need for three washing machines

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Will 3 inch pvc pipe carry more water faster than 4 inch corragated field line pipe?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Elbow in wall cracked, any ideas?

Rich in name only and about to be much poorer- Rich for short's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rich in name only and about to be much poorer- Rich for short in  Plumbing » Sewage

Black PVC 40 drain pipe 3 inch? From 1970s elbow cracked in ceiling going inti wall down pipe. Two toilets tub shower  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Snake size to rent? What size for kitchen sink beyond p trap

Will's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Will in  Plumbing » Sewage

What size snake to rent for kitchen sink 1.5 pipes.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to repair leak in small cast iron pipe

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

Small leak in cast iron water pipe under bathroom floor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what can you do when you realize you have been flushing non flushable wipes into septic tank

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

tub drain has lead trap (hole in trap)

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can I use a roto rooter to clean out clogged dirt in my outside drain pvc pipe?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to fix a drain joint leak

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

i have aleak in a 4 inch pvc drain pipe at a joint how can i repair  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

stainless steel sink stained with using rooto prfessioanal drain cleaner how to

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

how to clean stains in stainless steel sinks after using rooto professional drain cleaner  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

need septic lid replacement,20 in snap on and twist,?manufacturer fiberglass

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

Had septic pumped lid. Cracked across top. Lid has tabs that sit atop opening with cutout for the lid tabs to align and snap  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you use heat tape on plastic pvc drain line

AG's Avatar (by Gravatar) by AG in  Plumbing » Sewage

I just purchased a mobile home and when the temps fell below freezing the drain lines froze. I had been told you dont have  ... read more »