Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

tub drain has lead trap (hole in trap)

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can I use a roto rooter to clean out clogged dirt in my outside drain pvc pipe?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to fix a drain joint leak

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

i have aleak in a 4 inch pvc drain pipe at a joint how can i repair  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

stainless steel sink stained with using rooto prfessioanal drain cleaner how to

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

how to clean stains in stainless steel sinks after using rooto professional drain cleaner  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

need septic lid replacement,20 in snap on and twist,?manufacturer fiberglass

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

Had septic pumped lid. Cracked across top. Lid has tabs that sit atop opening with cutout for the lid tabs to align and snap  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you use heat tape on plastic pvc drain line

AG's Avatar (by Gravatar) by AG in  Plumbing » Sewage

I just purchased a mobile home and when the temps fell below freezing the drain lines froze. I had been told you dont have  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my current septic tank caved in do i just fill hole its workn fine

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do you deal with moisture ants potentially under concrete slab?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Pest Control »

Every August/September we have a swarm of moisture ants that like to come up in my living room (bottom floor of a split level  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Killing moisture ants potentially under a slab?

dpro1979's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dpro1979 in  Pest Control »

So I basically have a recurring problem of swarming Moisture ants every Fall. I have a pest company come out to treat it  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My house is 10 yrs old, concrete block. Is a termite booster really needed at $970.00?

Steve Knecht's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steve Knecht in  Pest Control »

Since my house was built I have paid $225.00/yr to have it inspected or whatever they do. No problems. Now they want almost  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is my concrete patio flushed with vinyl home concrete foundation a termite pest problem?

Frank's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Frank in  Pest Control »

A termite inspector told me my concrete patio flushed against the concrete slab of my vinyl home was an entryway for termites  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do we need to be out of the house when fogging attic and crawl?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Pest Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

paint for redwood siding

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

I want to know the best paint for painting redwood siding  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Paint aluminum railings

John l's Avatar (by Gravatar) by John l in  Painting »

Hi I want to spay paint my faded aluminum gold tone railings black how should i prepair and what type spay paint should i  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

My metal pole barn was painted and the painter left many drippings. How do I remove them?

pipefitter's Avatar (by Gravatar) by pipefitter in  Painting »

My pole metal pole barn was spray painted in excessive heat by a painter. Now there are many drippings and he is trying to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what paint can I use to cover the asbestos,removal to expensive

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

house built in 40's to expensive to remove asbestos siding looking for paint that I can use to cover. I heard of a company  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what color works best for a strom door

Angie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Angie in  Painting »

I have a Forrest green color door and windiow shutters color match. cream color vinyl siding and currently have a white  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

trim around garage door is peeling. I have scraped all loose paint. Should primer be applied before repainting?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

I have a significant amt of bare wood after scraping loose paint.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can i paint non paintable shutters

Patricia's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Patricia in  Painting »

how do i paint non paintable shutters ?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

can you use flat for primer