Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

As my Trane 95XV runs or shuts off, I hear an occasional thump or boom? Why?

Michael's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Michael in  Climate Control » Heating

The Trane 95XV is a gas furnace and is 4 years old. Periodically or randomly we are recently hearing  ... read more »

This question has been answered 7 times. Add your answer today!

Replacing my old heil mercury thermostat with a new honeywell rth111

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

I've done everything instructions said an I got nothing how do i correlate hookup wires  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

how to prevent mold in condensate pump housing

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

As used in condo's the condensate from the a/c coil drains into a sump & then its pumped out how  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Answering all questions about timber decking, cladding, fencing & shingles

Hi all I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who has any questions regarding using timber  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I have a Bryant 90t furnace mod.#352AAV036080 and the inducer motor is noisy

Terry's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Terry in  Climate Control » Heating

The furnace is only 6yrs old and has just started sounding like a big truck in the driveway has always  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

is it any problem putting kerosene in an empty gas container that was used for gas

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why has the blower speed changed on nortron electric furnace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

american standard heat pump and furnace both run for awhile

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

it is normal?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

gas fireplace pilot lite but the logs will not lite...what should I do?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

where is red reset button

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

where is red reset button for pressure switch or draft inducer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

the chronotherm display says replace batteries, I did and the display remains

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

log placement for gas log fireplace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

Anything special about the log placement for gas log fireplace?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is "stuck open limit" noted in the troubleshooting guide?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Garage »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the minimal distance for outlets code

My contractor just added 8720 dollars to the budget stating that the florida code law asks for 6 feet  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do you dry laminate floor in flooded basement

The washing machine overflowed and flooded the basement that has laminated floor on concrete slab. Can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Why is there a little red light on top of my transformer only on at night

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

RF Towerstat battery

Rebecca's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rebecca in  Climate Control » Heating

Can anyone help - my mum has a rf towerstat. The battery neeeded changing and when it was it just doest  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

What would make a less than yr. old heat exchanger vertically split almost in half?

Sharon D.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sharon D. in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Have a cordless phone with a base and 4 separate handsets.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Technology » Communications »

If someone calls the house why can't my wife and I talk on 2 different phones at the same time?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

looking for a 1/2 hp blower motor for a kenmore furnace