Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

How do I re-thread the 4" Cast iron sewer pipe access hole?

Oscar's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Oscar in  Plumbing » Sewage

I have a sewer drain pipe that's about 56 years old. Had to remove the plug to clean the backed up sewer line with an augger  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

is it ok to run 3in Horizontal Drain line

EMan22's Avatar (by Gravatar) by EMan22 in  Plumbing » Sewage

A half bath was added to a 3story home with two orignal bath rooms "stacked" atop each other at the center left  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have a cast iron soil stack that is cracked and leaking slightly. It's painted to match the house. Should I replace in CI or pvc?

Dannie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dannie in  Plumbing » Sewage

Hi I have a cracked and slightly leaking cast iron soil stack painted to match the roughcasting and I am unsure if it  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Had soil stack replaced now it has two leaks one at the top and the other at the bottom

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

what and how can we glue or what do we use? Help!!!  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

water level in toilet bowl keeps dropping. just replaced tank guts.

Rich's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rich in  Plumbing » Sewage

I replaced the tank guts with fluidmaster kit. This is a recently installed mansfield toilet. The old guts would not completely  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Can rusted bolts and nuts on commercial toilet bowls be replaced?

George Ribo's Avatar (by Gravatar) by George Ribo in  Plumbing » Sewage

We have commercial toilet bowls elongated no seat covers holes in the bowl for a bolt-hinge to swivel into seat hole.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

is it ok to put coffee grounds in your septic system?

Ross Newland's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ross Newland in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have a cast iron stack with broken off 2in. PVC fittings, how do I remove them?

Cooper's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cooper in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is the the septic smell from an improperly installed drain trap dangerous to your health?

Diva D's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Diva D in  Plumbing » Sewage

I have been working in an office for over 6 years and have developed "motion sickness" type migraines. My mental  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

adapting waste line to cleanout in stack

bbB's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bbB in  Plumbing » Sewage

Hello! I would like to add a 2" waste line (with appropriate venting so not to "wet" vent) for a new washer  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Siphon jet blocked by a small plastic disc

Daisy Mae's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Daisy Mae in  Plumbing » Sewage

The siphon jet on my toilet is blocked by a small plastic disc that came off my flapper. The disc is used to hold a float  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

retrieving screwdriver from laundry drain pipe

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Approved heat tape for plastic drain line,installed on the level??

STAN's Avatar (by Gravatar) by STAN in  Plumbing » Sewage

Never had Drain frozen before this cold winter. The heat tape I bought says NOT to use on Plastic DRAIN lines.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what company makes a toilet with a bowl higher than 16-1/2 inches?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what size drain do I need for three washing machines

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Will 3 inch pvc pipe carry more water faster than 4 inch corragated field line pipe?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Elbow in wall cracked, any ideas?

Rich in name only and about to be much poorer- Rich for short's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Rich in name only and about to be much poorer- Rich for short in  Plumbing » Sewage

Black PVC 40 drain pipe 3 inch? From 1970s elbow cracked in ceiling going inti wall down pipe. Two toilets tub shower  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Snake size to rent? What size for kitchen sink beyond p trap

Will's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Will in  Plumbing » Sewage

What size snake to rent for kitchen sink 1.5 pipes.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to repair leak in small cast iron pipe

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing » Sewage

Small leak in cast iron water pipe under bathroom floor  ... read more »