Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

lennox XC15 unit contactor fails to close

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I can close the contactor manually and it runs but it will not stay closed. What do I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What kind of freon do I add to a portable ac unit?

On behalf of my Husband's Avatar (by Gravatar) by On behalf of my Husband in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

New home obs subfloor exposed to 4 periods of prolonged pooling of rain water.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction »

Have a toll brothers home that has been exposed to at least 4 periods of rain and snow. Obs subfloor has been exposed to  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I find the error codes for a Bryant 90 plus

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What can be done about a loud outside central air unit?

scott's Avatar (by Gravatar) by scott in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Yes it's a bit old but really cools the house efficiently and quietly. The outside GE unit is a bit loud sounds like it's  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Thermostat shows AC what is wrong

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

Honeywell-chromotherm 111. Digital display is working but not the thermostat. What is the problem  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R),

Dan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dan in  Kitchen »

Does anyone know where I may find these? Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R) Thanks! Dan  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Older bryant electric furnace doesn't have a capacitor? Is this true?

I just had a service call and the guy told me my older unit did not have a capacitor but I thought all blower motors did.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how can i match the paint on my wall when i dont have the can

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

how to match paint without the can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Troubleshooting a GFCI outlet?

Hi everyone We just bought our first home and I am completely clueless. I have never had to do anything repair related  ... read more »

This question has been answered 8 times. Add your answer today!

my current wiring is gywr and the new one is gywrc how do i wire new one

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

do i have to replace all of a orangeburg pipe if just a area is clogged with roots

I have a clogged sewer line and I'm told by the plumber that roots have crushed the pipe and it needs to be replaced. He  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i braze ac lines with mapp gas-

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my gas meter is broken for 3 months

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

do i have to pay for the gas i have used the meter is about 30 years old  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is flashing starburst on white rodgers programmable thermostat?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

what does a flashing starburst on white rodgers programmable thermostat mean?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

Hi - Can an AC coil go bad or leak freon due to rust?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I thought it is made out of copper and aluminum which is impossible to rust. I have a dispute with my warranty company now  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what repairs are homeownwers allowed to do on gas/electric

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i solder the fan blade back onto the arm. it broke at the arm

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

require replacement battery for my Spotliter 9360B Yype 2.6 V DC

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to repair Cinder Block Long driveway wall that has a break in it

Hi HOH People: We have a long (circa 100 feet) low lying cinder block wall along a driveway on a slight slope. Originally  ... read more »

This question has been answered 9 times. Add your answer today!
listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest