Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

I want to start a construction company and I need a good name for it. Please advice.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what does a UV bulb do for a humidifer

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What maintenence is required for natural gas converted coal furnace?

Stanley's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Stanley in  Climate Control » Heating »

House built in 1945 with original gravity furnace. I'm concerned burner or mixing valve or ? needs attention  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

rpj ii blows cold air

my furnace turns on it's gas but no heat comes out. I changed filter still nothing.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

It's getting cold inside! Service tech said heat exchanger failed in Oct. but heat has been kicking on when banging furnace with screwdriver

kel in WI's Avatar (by Gravatar) by kel in WI in  Climate Control » Heating »

In April 2013 furnace would not blow hot air motor was running but no air blowing. Service tech replaced  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

honeywell chronotherm 111 heater/ac

Sherrie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Sherrie in  Climate Control » Heating »

replaced batteries on honeywell chronotherm 111 heater/ac but still not working.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 4 times. Add your answer today!

Peerless Boiler makes a large boom

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have a Peerless natural gas boiler the very intermittently when it lights makes a large boom.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do you apply the bag of the ground porcelain to the emberglow 18

Included in the 18" emberglow non vent fireplace insert is a bag that I am calling ground porcelain.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is intermittent rattling sound in attic? Only happens on calm days.

Ken in Nebraska's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Ken in Nebraska in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have a sound coming from the same spot in the attic. It is coming from a bedroom in the house that  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

ELEC. HEAT UNIT IN BASEMENT CONDENSER OUTSIDE FAN RUNS IN CONDENSER WHEN ON HEA

there is only elec. no gas and no venting to outside and the thermostat has auto on system cool off  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to you program honeywell 97-5087

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

we bought a house with a honeywell 97-5087 it was set up for the other owners we tried to re set up program  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Gas valve flared fitting for a Baxi WM381 RS boiler

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have a Baxi WM381 RS boiler and im looking for a flared fitting for the gas valve. Can anyone help?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why is my downstairs 20 degrees colder than my upstairs?

Lee Lee KC Missouri's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lee Lee KC Missouri in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have central heat/air set at 72. Upstairs maintains a comfortable 70F but downstairs is 49F. I've filled  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have a rheem 90 plus furnace that is about 17 years old. It will not stay on.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 11 times. Add your answer today!

As my Trane 95XV runs or shuts off, I hear an occasional thump or boom? Why?

Michael's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Michael in  Climate Control » Heating »

The Trane 95XV is a gas furnace and is 4 years old. Periodically or randomly we are recently hearing  ... read more »

This question has been answered 7 times. Add your answer today!

Replacing my old heil mercury thermostat with a new honeywell rth111

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

I've done everything instructions said an I got nothing how do i correlate hookup wires  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

how to prevent mold in condensate pump housing

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

As used in condo's the condensate from the a/c coil drains into a sump & then its pumped out how  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Answering all questions about timber decking, cladding, fencing & shingles

Hi all I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who has any questions regarding using timber  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I have a Bryant 90t furnace mod.#352AAV036080 and the inducer motor is noisy

The furnace is only 6yrs old and has just started sounding like a big truck in the driveway has always  ... read more »