Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

how do i ID my roof shingle, only mark is do not remove Y12 on plastic strip

mike r.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by mike r. in  Roof

I have a architectural shingle with a very strong shadow line about 1.5 " wide and the only other  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have a new electric base board heater that turns the wall black above it over time.any clue?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why are galvanized nails use outdoors

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction »

Hi I need help with this question: Why are galvanized nails use outdoors?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what color should i paint bed room door

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Don't have 24 vac from control board for hunidifier; furnace is working OK? Fuse is good

Carrier Crusader Model 58SSC090-JC Series 110 S/N 5091A06084 Input 110 000 btu  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Wher do I find grates for my 1941 redflash boiler?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do hvac register booster fans work?

prairiegirl's Avatar (by Gravatar) by prairiegirl in  Climate Control » Heating »

There are 2 rooms that suffer from insufficient airflow from air exchanger heating/cooling. At some pt  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

The pilot light on my Emberglow vent free fireplace log will not stay light, wha

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

I turn the dial to pilot and hold in the dial and press the red button no matter how long I hold it  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Lennox LMDV 4035 CMN bypasses pilot when trying to light.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

I have a Lennox Model # LMDV 4035CMN. When I try ti light the pilot the gas goes straight to the burners.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do i operate towerstat rsp central heating thermostat controller

papastu's Avatar (by Gravatar) by papastu in  Climate Control » Heating »

How do i programme a towerstat rsp controller  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How can I clean our tall caged type kerosene heater (Corona brand)?

Amber Wagoner's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Amber Wagoner in  Climate Control » Heating »

What would cause our heater to smoke excessively and let off a pungent odor of burning kerosene? This  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why is my burner dripping fuel from under the burner? just but in new nozzle.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have a 2003 rheem classic 90 plus model 07EMAES that continuously runs

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

the thermostat is set at 72 but the temperature read 60 or 62 degrees it never reaches 72 but continuously  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

running HVAC approx. 30 feet under ground to house

Iam wanting to install a wood burning furnace in my barn approx 30 feet from my home what is the best  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have a fault code 31 on a payne gas furnace pg8duu

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

i have a fault code 31 on a payne gas furnace pg8duu which indicates pressure draft safeguard aux-limit  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

should i plug in a heater in my basement to not freeze pipes?

wildwaters's Avatar (by Gravatar) by wildwaters in  Climate Control » Heating »

My husband says that I should plug in a heater to keep the basement warm because of the cold weather  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R),

Dan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dan in  Kitchen »

Does anyone know where I may find these? Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R) Thanks! Dan  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

THE BLOWER ON FURNACE WON'T SHUT OFF AND IS BLOWING COLD AIR

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ceiling Return Vent Holes are TO BIG

We painted my son's bedroom took down the ceiling ac vent covers. When we went to put them back the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

soft water unit is leaking around valve body

soft water unit is leaking around valve body and tank is filling up with water  ... read more »