Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

no power to thermostal

maudie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by maudie in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

AC was coming on and going off after afew seconds but now nothing and no power to thermostate but power to unite  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

How do I add bleach to clean my indoor AC unit?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Has anyone heard of adding bleach to help keep the system clean? I was told this should be done but cannot find any instructions  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

i bought a special ceiling light fixture so a can cnnect my small freezer &have a chain to shut off the light

Has anyone heard of adding bleach to help keep the system clean? I was told this should be done but cannot find any instructions  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

basement flooded water level is above water pipe ground will i get electrocuted if i enter the water

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do i ground my proch lamp whith no ground wire in the junction box

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

when wiring light fixture in a series, do I connect the white wire to each light

when wiring 110 volt wire to 5 light fixtures in series do I connect the white wire to the fixture or splice to another  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

changed three way switches to new lever type connected same way now it kicks bre

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is wrong when all 3 bath room lights,plugs and fans do not work?

I have 3 bath rooms that have just lost power to them. No lights fans or plug power. Tried resetting all breakers and never  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I fight a cancellation fee that I didn't know about?

I received a letter from my recently discontinued electric supplier that according to their contract I have to pay a $1000  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Replace secondary voltage fuse on Bryant 90

Richard's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Richard in  Climate Control » Heating »

When I replaced my thermostat I hooked up the wiring incorrectly. Since then I have replaced the thermostat and correctly  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Will a basement dehumidifer reduce humidity in the entire house?

Don's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Don in  Climate Control »

If I put a basement dehumidifier next to the furnace/AC blower will it help reduce the humidity on the main floor of the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Should all thru-wall home ac units drain out condensate in humid weather?

Bill in St. Pete.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Bill in St. Pete. in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I'm new in humid central Florida and have two thru-wall room AC units. A large Freidrich one that also has resistance heating  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rheem classic 90+ blower capacitor problems

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

running thermostat control fan on after hours of constant running it will shut down the fan and has trouble restarting or  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My LG dehumidifier bucket keeps filling with hose attached. How do I stop it.

Dick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dick in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to determine how old my heat pump is.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I have a janitrol  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I always have a little water left in my new GE dishwasher after a cycle.

lane's Avatar (by Gravatar) by lane in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

converting furnace to air exhaust using blower.

tolstoi's Avatar (by Gravatar) by tolstoi in  Climate Control »

I've gutted the furnace and put a vent over the intake. the forced air side will be reduced to 6 inches and vented outside.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Will everyone haave to switch to Puron in the year 2020 and at what cost?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ac leaking at weep whole

Palma's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Palma in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

My 4 yr old train AC is leaking fom it's weep hole in the bottom right of the unit. It is a small indent jest to the left  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do you know on a t8034c1085 honeywell thermostat the setting for the longer dial ?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

my son removed the cover and played with it?  ... read more »