Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

I am considering a gas conversion burner on an oil boiler

I am considering a gas conversion burner on an oil boiler but I am told it would not heat my tankless coil dom hot water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

have a deep well do I need an expansion tank on gas fired hw heater

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Hi having a boiler fitted through the goverment sheme but ...

having a boiler fitted through the goverment sheme thats going on everything was ok untill we said we would take old boiler  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

where is the water heater in a 2006 double wide

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

would excess air find its way to the expansion tank on my boiler

pressure gage goes past 30psi and water eventually hot water pressure opens relief valve. replaced fill valve no change.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do i need to install an expansion tank on a hot water storage tank

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can I cap off a 1 1/2

Hank johnson's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Hank johnson in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water

I have leak in one of the one pipe steam system and I would like to cut pipe and cap it. The reason I want to cut pipe is because  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Hot water is only lukewarm when hot water not used for several hrs

Have changed cer pump and gas control valve on hot water heater  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i am getting hot water on both sides of my taps

it just started ...  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Does the electric hot water heater need to be replaced if a new sulpher odor?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does my water heater pilot go out when it is windy?

The pilot keeps going out when we have high winds. The water heater is in the garage and the doors have a pretty good seal  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Which gas water heater is good rheem, Bradford or o smith need a replacement

Janet white's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Janet white in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Will a thermal expansion tank also work on the outgoing hot water line from the water heater?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

WH Chimney height near roof top AC duct.

An inspector says I need to raise my WH Chimney. I have a relatively flat roof. There is AC duct that runs six inches above  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

thermal expansion tanks--how long do they last?

a plumber told me we need to replace our "thermal expansion tank". how long do these usually last?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Does a water heater in a closet in the house have to be on a 18" stand ?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to install a pressure relief valve on a hot water heater

I have a bad pressure relief valve on my hot water heater. how do I install a new pressure relief valve?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How much is a American Standard 2003 Luxor (With Vent) worth ?

It is in perfect condition  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

water backs up in bowl, there are no clogs in the privously routed out in drain line.

Water backs up in toilet bowl and there are np blockage the waist line. Water drains out very slowly.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Toilet clogs often

BobinRaleigh's Avatar (by Gravatar) by BobinRaleigh in  Plumbing » Toilet »

Both of my Eljer toilets clog with moderate or greater loads. Usually moderate plunging is needed. Any ideas?  ... read more »