Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

oil furnace goes off every 4-10 days but works after hitting reset button?

joe austin's Avatar (by Gravatar) by joe austin in  Climate Control » Heating

It is a FHA system. We are away for 10 -14 days and only here 2-4 days. When we come back it is 37' and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Master Flow attic fan thermostat electrical question

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

The last owners of our house installed a Master Flow attic fan but the thermostat was so deep into the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what does flash code 12 mean on a 20 year old bryant furnace

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

weight limit on a 2 x 10 joyce, by 21' x 12'

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Our ventless logs go out after 15 minutes, but the pilot remains lit.

Chilled's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Chilled in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

They will cut back on for a few minutes and continue off and on. I don't know where the oxygen sensor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do i ID my roof shingle, only mark is do not remove Y12 on plastic strip

mike r.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by mike r. in  Roof »

I have a architectural shingle with a very strong shadow line about 1.5 " wide and the only other  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have a new electric base board heater that turns the wall black above it over time.any clue?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why are galvanized nails use outdoors

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction »

Hi I need help with this question: Why are galvanized nails use outdoors?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what color should i paint bed room door

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Don't have 24 vac from control board for hunidifier; furnace is working OK? Fuse is good

Bob's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Bob in  Climate Control » Heating

Carrier Crusader Model 58SSC090-JC Series 110 S/N 5091A06084 Input 110 000 btu  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Wher do I find grates for my 1941 redflash boiler?

Steve's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steve in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

do hvac register booster fans work?

prairiegirl's Avatar (by Gravatar) by prairiegirl in  Climate Control » Heating

There are 2 rooms that suffer from insufficient airflow from air exchanger heating/cooling. At some pt  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

The pilot light on my Emberglow vent free fireplace log will not stay light, wha

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Fireplaces »

I turn the dial to pilot and hold in the dial and press the red button no matter how long I hold it  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Lennox LMDV 4035 CMN bypasses pilot when trying to light.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

I have a Lennox Model # LMDV 4035CMN. When I try ti light the pilot the gas goes straight to the burners.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do i operate towerstat rsp central heating thermostat controller

papastu's Avatar (by Gravatar) by papastu in  Climate Control » Heating

How do i programme a towerstat rsp controller  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How can I clean our tall caged type kerosene heater (Corona brand)?

Amber Wagoner's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Amber Wagoner in  Climate Control » Heating

What would cause our heater to smoke excessively and let off a pungent odor of burning kerosene? This  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

why is my burner dripping fuel from under the burner? just but in new nozzle.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have a 2003 rheem classic 90 plus model 07EMAES that continuously runs

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

the thermostat is set at 72 but the temperature read 60 or 62 degrees it never reaches 72 but continuously  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

running HVAC approx. 30 feet under ground to house

Steve's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steve in  Climate Control » Heating

Iam wanting to install a wood burning furnace in my barn approx 30 feet from my home what is the best  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have a fault code 31 on a payne gas furnace pg8duu

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

i have a fault code 31 on a payne gas furnace pg8duu which indicates pressure draft safeguard aux-limit  ... read more »