Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

thermal expansion tanks--how long do they last?

a plumber told me we need to replace our "thermal expansion tank". how long do these usually last?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Does a water heater in a closet in the house have to be on a 18" stand ?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to install a pressure relief valve on a hot water heater

I have a bad pressure relief valve on my hot water heater. how do I install a new pressure relief valve?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How much is a American Standard 2003 Luxor (With Vent) worth ?

It is in perfect condition  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

water backs up in bowl, there are no clogs in the privously routed out in drain line.

Water backs up in toilet bowl and there are np blockage the waist line. Water drains out very slowly.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Toilet clogs often

BobinRaleigh's Avatar (by Gravatar) by BobinRaleigh in  Plumbing » Toilet »

Both of my Eljer toilets clog with moderate or greater loads. Usually moderate plunging is needed. Any ideas?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to clean a sump pump pit

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what sealent is used to prevent oders seeping through the plastic sump pump lid

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Sump pump installation

I.would like a discription on to locate sump pump in basement floor. None in floor now but is required to sell house. Thanks  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my cast iron treaded plug is leaking on sanitry tee cant get it out what do i do

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

bathwaste pipe leaking for 20months,can water travel,and what damages can arise

magrieta van staden's Avatar (by Gravatar) by magrieta van staden in  Plumbing » Sewage »

Hi My bath and shower waste pipes are leaking for 20months how far can the water travel and how far up into the walls  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the standard toilet sewer offset from the wall supposed to be?

The center of the sewer to the wall is 11.5 inches. Will I be able to find a toilet to fit the works well.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

installing the right size trap for a 8 in. deep sink, replacing a 5 in. deep sink

replace a 5 in. deep sink with a 8 in deep sink. the problem is that the waste trap is to shot by 4 ins. to reach the waste  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

12 story condo apt,,abs pipe ok outside of wall

under kitchen and bathroom sinks can i use abs pipe or do i have to use fire rated pipe ?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why do i have to hold the lever down

I have a brand new toilet and I have to hold the lever down to flush it every time  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is a SAN TEE VENT?

My sink gurgles. I was told I need to add a San TEE vent. What is a San TEE Vent?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

basement drain clogs

foul sewage smell flooding floor second time in six months and kitchen sink backed up to on both sides. i used plunger  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

replace existing toilet.

Can I assume that any new toilet will fit the existing installation ie the distance between the floor pipe and the wall?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How can you improve the venting on a bathroom sink

After using the sink there is a bad odor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I re-thread the 4" Cast iron sewer pipe access hole?

I have a sewer drain pipe that's about 56 years old. Had to remove the plug to clean the backed up sewer line with an augger  ... read more »