Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Thermal Expansion Tank?

Becky in NM's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Becky in NM in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water

I read your answer that therm exp tank is only needed on city water where it is prevented from backflow. Now I want to ask  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

pros and cons of tankless gas hot water heaters

usually only one person household company on occasions. have 2 full baths washing machine and dishwasher but small usage  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

boiler vs water heater

Steves body shop's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steves body shop in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water

boiler vs tankless hot water heater for in floor heat ( space 88 by 60 split into two separate area and supplementing heat  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Everytime we shower the water will run hot or cold .

The 50 gal water heater is brand new when showering it goes hot or cold when another faucet is turned on.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have rusty water coming out of our old water heater. The heater seems to work fine. I thought the rust might be a bad anode rod, but the

rod is stuck and before working on removing it I want to see if the rust might be from another source. Any suggestions?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

is my hot water heater gas compatiable

It is a GE Smartwater Model #GP30T06AVF00  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am considering a gas conversion burner on an oil boiler

I am considering a gas conversion burner on an oil boiler but I am told it would not heat my tankless coil dom hot water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

have a deep well do I need an expansion tank on gas fired hw heater

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Hi having a boiler fitted through the goverment sheme but ...

having a boiler fitted through the goverment sheme thats going on everything was ok untill we said we would take old boiler  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

where is the water heater in a 2006 double wide

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

would excess air find its way to the expansion tank on my boiler

pressure gage goes past 30psi and water eventually hot water pressure opens relief valve. replaced fill valve no change.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

do i need to install an expansion tank on a hot water storage tank

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can I cap off a 1 1/2

Hank johnson's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Hank johnson in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water

I have leak in one of the one pipe steam system and I would like to cut pipe and cap it. The reason I want to cut pipe is because  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Hot water is only lukewarm when hot water not used for several hrs

Have changed cer pump and gas control valve on hot water heater  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i am getting hot water on both sides of my taps

it just started ...  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Does the electric hot water heater need to be replaced if a new sulpher odor?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

why does my water heater pilot go out when it is windy?

The pilot keeps going out when we have high winds. The water heater is in the garage and the doors have a pretty good seal  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Which gas water heater is good rheem, Bradford or o smith need a replacement

Janet white's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Janet white in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Will a thermal expansion tank also work on the outgoing hot water line from the water heater?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

WH Chimney height near roof top AC duct.

An inspector says I need to raise my WH Chimney. I have a relatively flat roof. There is AC duct that runs six inches above  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!
listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest