Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Options for removing rafter ties in breezeway

buzcutnj's Avatar (by Gravatar) by buzcutnj in  Roof

I have a small Cape Cod with a 6 ft wide (from house to garage) x 14 ft long breezeway connecting the house to the garage.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is it ok when the alluminum fascia is taller than the roof line and fascia board behind it?

liv's Avatar (by Gravatar) by liv in  Roof

I assume not since the first row shingles flip up slightly causing water to pool up at the edge instead of falling into the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What height of ladder do I need for cleaning my gutters

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

I live in a traditional 3 bedroom semi.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how much uch should it cost to replace a one and a half car garage roof milwaukee wis

dvh's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dvh in  Roof

I have a small garage - one and a half cars - that needs replacement in Milwaukee Wsconsin. Also a flashing that has rusted  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

there are alot tree limbs on the roof do they need to be cut down or are they ok

bubba jon jon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bubba jon jon in  Roof

over my moms room there are a lot of branches laying on the roof from a big tree that's in the front yard I want to cut them  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Round room only one center beam ?Plastic Looking? What is it

Deb's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Deb in  Roof

I am Looking at a home built late 1979 Its a Round Great Room living/kitchen combined with Sliding Patio doors all around.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Starter course for architectural shingles

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

My home had a new roof installed in 1997. No starter course was used. My question is was this standard practice back then?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

oil or axle grease for turbine roof vents?

larry's Avatar (by Gravatar) by larry in  Roof

which is better for wind-driven turbine roof vents?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Suggestions for material for a fillet between half-timbered wall & shingle roof

bobirving's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bobirving in  Roof

We have a strange little house which is basically a replica medieval building with a timber frame infilled with wattle  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I cannot find my water heater to change the element. I live in a double wide

nancy foss's Avatar (by Gravatar) by nancy foss in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

I have a 1997 fleetwood harbor springs mobile home and I need to change the element in my water heater. Unfortunately fleetwood  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is there a way to measure how much gas my hot water tank is using each month?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can i get all the sediment at the bottom of my gas water heater out

my gas water heater gurgles when the flame comes on how can i get all the sediment out i tried to drain it but there is still  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

when it rains water comes inside from ceiling down flue pipe to top of water heater yet when I look in attic there is no water coming in wha

when it rains water runs down my flue pipe on the water heater from the ceiling to top of water heater on the inside yet  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

are universal heater elements as good as ones manufactured for particular brand/model?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Thermal Expansion Tank?

Becky in NM's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Becky in NM in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

I read your answer that therm exp tank is only needed on city water where it is prevented from backflow. Now I want to ask  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

pros and cons of tankless gas hot water heaters

usually only one person household company on occasions. have 2 full baths washing machine and dishwasher but small usage  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

boiler vs water heater

Steves body shop's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steves body shop in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

boiler vs tankless hot water heater for in floor heat ( space 88 by 60 split into two separate area and supplementing heat  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Everytime we shower the water will run hot or cold .

The 50 gal water heater is brand new when showering it goes hot or cold when another faucet is turned on.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have rusty water coming out of our old water heater. The heater seems to work fine. I thought the rust might be a bad anode rod, but the

rod is stuck and before working on removing it I want to see if the rust might be from another source. Any suggestions?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

is my hot water heater gas compatiable

It is a GE Smartwater Model #GP30T06AVF00  ... read more »