Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

pex plumbing in attic exposed to extreme heat & cold

DJ's Avatar (by Gravatar) by DJ in  Plumbing

It can get up to 160 degrees in the attic of a roof covered in concrete tiles. Since the water coming out of my cold water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

generator turns over if carb cleaner sprayed down carb throat, but only runs 3 seconds.

beerking1's Avatar (by Gravatar) by beerking1 in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

fresh fuel. full oil. new spark plug.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I have an excess of cyanuric acid in my pool even after half draining it three times. Help !

The pool guys have been advising me to not use tablets anymore until I control the cyanuric acid level. Did that but started  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what size is my Kenmore 253.74812400

Dee's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dee in  Appliances »

I am trying to find the cubic feet of this model.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

3-way switch for my Lakewood floor

The 3-speed rotary switch on my Lakewood floor fan broke. The metal lhousing for the rotary switch has 6A 120V stamped  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

tiled shower leak?

Cynthia's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cynthia in  Bathroom »

Before I moved in I had a tub/shower with sliding glass door replace with a tiled shower. The renovation was done in 2009.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I converted a 110 volt fan to a 12 volt fan and now it runs backward. Could it be wired wrong?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Can I use Great Stuff Triple Expanding foam to seal off an unused drain pipe?

MS's Avatar (by Gravatar) by MS in  Plumbing

I live in a top floor condo unit and recently had a leak from my outside HVAC closet into my neighbors outside HVAC closet.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

What the importance of triangle rule of kitchen?

HowSisler's Avatar (by Gravatar) by HowSisler in  Kitchen »

We Have large G shaped kitchen and I want to know what are the benefits of organizing the kitchen according to triangle rule.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Landscape lighting burn out as soon as I put them in ?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Hi, I am alos use KEW HOBBY, but the capacitor is damaged

psyui's Avatar (by Gravatar) by psyui in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers »

Hi I am alos use KEW HOBBY but the capacitor is damaged can anyone tell me the value of the capacitor so that I can replace  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

need gasket for harbor freight compressor, anybody know where i can order

Hugeroost's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Hugeroost in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

hey guys first post. I have a harbor freight compressor 4hp 10gal model 90234. I have a blown head gasket and cant seem  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I connected two 50 gallon gas water heaters in series. No hot water from tap ?

I have two 50 gallon gas water heaters which are connected in series with each other Both have hot water. but no hot water  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

the switch on my gas fireplace won't work when i turn it on and the pilot light is on.

The gas fireplace don't work but the pilot light is on how do I get my fireplace to work again. Should I buy a new switch.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen shows all the functions

golfsly's Avatar (by Gravatar) by golfsly in  Climate Control »

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen shows all the functions & seem to be frozen unable to change  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

inside fan on central air will not cut off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

The fan on our air conditioner will not go off. It runs all the time in auto or on positions. This started during then  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

i have an aerosol can with a broken spray tip what can I do?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Other »

The spray tip of an expensive can broke off at the stem and I don't want to waste the contents. Can I salvage this?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

stained shower pan

Linda's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Linda in  Bathroom »

Any suggestions for cleaning a shower stall pan that is stained? It's perhaps eight years old and the walls are fine -  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen went blank.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

battery is good circuit breaker checked. do not know what wrong. its honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

installing a/c unit in sliding window. what to do with opening above a/c to top of jamb