Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Replace old Bird Stop on a Pre-Engineered Metal Building

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

We have purchased a pre-engineered metal building and the bird stop has dry rotted and needs replaced. What materials and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Northstar/Honda Generator won't shut off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I recently bought a Northstar 13000 PPG generator that is run by a Honda 20 hp engine. I believe it is about 20 years old  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Run cable to freestanding interior wall

Bennett05's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Bennett05 in  Technology » Home Theater »

We are looking to mount our tv over our fireplace on the first floor (no basement) but a few issues: 1. It's a freestanding  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

would bringing in more outside air into attic in a rainy climate cause more or less condensation?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

There are water droplets on protruding roofing nails in crawlspace. In a wet climate such as portland oregon it seems like  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Estimate cost of converting flat roof to slope roof

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

What would be the cost of converting a flat roof to a slope roof on a 1 676 sqft home?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can I get the manufacturer of my roof shingles

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

I have no documentation of the shingles we had installed when we build our home in 1999. The shingles are falling apart  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

the sealcoat I used last summer is still tacky and has leaves stuck to it, what to do?

Dave's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dave in  Roof

I have a flat roof on my garage and when I seal coated it took a long time to dry and is still tacky months later. There  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I had ridge vents added,but left the fixed vents near the ridge. Will this work

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

I put on a new shingled roof. I already had fixed vents up near the ridge I put them back in. I also added ridge vents.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

im needing a new roof im not sure to go back with shingle or metal my roof

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

if i go back to shingle can i put a barrier shield  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do i connect spanish corrugated clay roof tiles to flat sheet roofing

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Roofing question

Shannon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Shannon in  Roof

I had a roof put on my house in 2005. I cant find my warranty papers but have the original receipt. The company is now out  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We have to keep replacing our barn roof turbines as they keep getting blown off

raven's Avatar (by Gravatar) by raven in  Roof

Are there any turbines that can hold up to hard winds? We want the circulation for the hay and heat. Any suggestions will  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how to stop sweating inside and insulate metal roof

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

want to finish inside my porch but the ceiling has a metal silver top roof that sweats in summer and winter with heater on.what  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

flat roof replacement suggetion

mwong6783's Avatar (by Gravatar) by mwong6783 in  Roof

need to replace the entire flat roof of my house need some help to find a reliable contractor and suggestion before I make  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I get some of those flat rubber roof flashings for a 4x4 ?

Thomas Robards's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Thomas Robards in  Roof

I am looking to flash some 4x4 posts on a flat rubber roof . Where can I get some of the ones I saw on the net ?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

to replace fascia boards, should i use treated or regular pine boards

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what if rafters are slightly nicked when roof deck is cut out for ridge vents to be installed

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I find a gutter kit for a shed?

Cady's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cady in  Roof

A few years ago I saw a kit on a big box stores website that included narrow plastic/pvc/vinyl gutters and 2 downspouts.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I am buying new home. Who is responsible to remove tree branches hanging over the roof the buider/vendor or me?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

Tree branches hanging over the roof of the new building. Builder/vendor told me that it is not his responsibility to remove  ... read more »