Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Older bryant electric furnace doesn't have a capacitor? Is this true?

Kim's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Kim in  Climate Control » Heating

I just had a service call and the guy told me my older unit did not have a capacitor but I thought all  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can i match the paint on my wall when i dont have the can

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

how to match paint without the can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Troubleshooting a GFCI outlet?

Hi everyone We just bought our first home and I am completely clueless. I have never had to do anything  ... read more »

This question has been answered 8 times. Add your answer today!

my current wiring is gywr and the new one is gywrc how do i wire new one

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

can i braze ac lines with mapp gas-

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my gas meter is broken for 3 months

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

do i have to pay for the gas i have used the meter is about 30 years old  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is wrong when all 3 bath room lights,plugs and fans do not work?

I have 3 bath rooms that have just lost power to them. No lights fans or plug power. Tried resetting  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

changed three way switches to new lever type connected same way now it kicks bre

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my kenmore dryer model 11086071810 when I push start button it hums but tub wont

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Kenmore dryer model 11086071810 I need advice on what is causing this problem when I push start button  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

what is flashing starburst on white rodgers programmable thermostat?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

what does a flashing starburst on white rodgers programmable thermostat mean?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Hi - Can an AC coil go bad or leak freon due to rust?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I thought it is made out of copper and aluminum which is impossible to rust. I have a dispute with my  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what repairs are homeownwers allowed to do on gas/electric

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

when wiring light fixture in a series, do I connect the white wire to each light

when wiring 110 volt wire to 5 light fixtures in series do I connect the white wire to the fixture or  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

require replacement battery for my Spotliter 9360B Yype 2.6 V DC

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i solder the fan blade back onto the arm. it broke at the arm

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to repair Cinder Block Long driveway wall that has a break in it

Hi HOH People: We have a long (circa 100 feet) low lying cinder block wall along a driveway on a slight  ... read more »

This question has been answered 9 times. Add your answer today!

how do i ground my proch lamp whith no ground wire in the junction box

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what size is my Kenmore 253.63894300

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What the importance of triangle rule of kitchen?

HowSisler's Avatar (by Gravatar) by HowSisler in  Kitchen »

We Have large G shaped kitchen and I want to know what are the benefits of organizing the kitchen according  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Why does my lochinvar boiler keep shutting down ??

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

My boiler keeps shutting down . . . it says lock out no flame . . .  ... read more »