Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

how do you know on a t8034c1085 honeywell thermostat the setting for the longer dial ?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control

my son removed the cover and played with it?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Hi, I am alos use KEW HOBBY, but the capacitor is damaged

psyui's Avatar (by Gravatar) by psyui in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers »

Hi I am alos use KEW HOBBY but the capacitor is damaged can anyone tell me the value of the capacitor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

lennox XC15 unit contactor fails to close

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I can close the contactor manually and it runs but it will not stay closed. What do I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What kind of freon do I add to a portable ac unit?

On behalf of my Husband's Avatar (by Gravatar) by On behalf of my Husband in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

New home obs subfloor exposed to 4 periods of prolonged pooling of rain water.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction »

Have a toll brothers home that has been exposed to at least 4 periods of rain and snow. Obs subfloor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I find the error codes for a Bryant 90 plus

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What can be done about a loud outside central air unit?

Yes it's a bit old but really cools the house efficiently and quietly. The outside GE unit is a bit  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Thermostat shows AC what is wrong

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control

Honeywell-chromotherm 111. Digital display is working but not the thermostat. What is the problem  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Older bryant electric furnace doesn't have a capacitor? Is this true?

I just had a service call and the guy told me my older unit did not have a capacitor but I thought all  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how can i match the paint on my wall when i dont have the can

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Painting »

how to match paint without the can  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Troubleshooting a GFCI outlet?

Hi everyone We just bought our first home and I am completely clueless. I have never had to do anything  ... read more »

This question has been answered 8 times. Add your answer today!

my current wiring is gywr and the new one is gywrc how do i wire new one

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

can i braze ac lines with mapp gas-

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my gas meter is broken for 3 months

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

do i have to pay for the gas i have used the meter is about 30 years old  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is wrong when all 3 bath room lights,plugs and fans do not work?

I have 3 bath rooms that have just lost power to them. No lights fans or plug power. Tried resetting  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

changed three way switches to new lever type connected same way now it kicks bre

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

my kenmore dryer model 11086071810 when I push start button it hums but tub wont

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

Kenmore dryer model 11086071810 I need advice on what is causing this problem when I push start button  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

what is flashing starburst on white rodgers programmable thermostat?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control

what does a flashing starburst on white rodgers programmable thermostat mean?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Hi - Can an AC coil go bad or leak freon due to rust?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I thought it is made out of copper and aluminum which is impossible to rust. I have a dispute with my  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what repairs are homeownwers allowed to do on gas/electric