Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

flat roof replacement suggetion

mwong6783's Avatar (by Gravatar) by mwong6783 in  Roof

need to replace the entire flat roof of my house need some help to find a reliable contractor and suggestion before I make  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Where can I get some of those flat rubber roof flashings for a 4x4 ?

Thomas Robards's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Thomas Robards in  Roof

I am looking to flash some 4x4 posts on a flat rubber roof . Where can I get some of the ones I saw on the net ?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

to replace fascia boards, should i use treated or regular pine boards

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what if rafters are slightly nicked when roof deck is cut out for ridge vents to be installed

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Where can I find a gutter kit for a shed?

Cady's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cady in  Roof

A few years ago I saw a kit on a big box stores website that included narrow plastic/pvc/vinyl gutters and 2 downspouts.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I am buying new home. Who is responsible to remove tree branches hanging over the roof the buider/vendor or me?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

Tree branches hanging over the roof of the new building. Builder/vendor told me that it is not his responsibility to remove  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Options for removing rafter ties in breezeway

buzcutnj's Avatar (by Gravatar) by buzcutnj in  Roof

I have a small Cape Cod with a 6 ft wide (from house to garage) x 14 ft long breezeway connecting the house to the garage.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is it ok when the alluminum fascia is taller than the roof line and fascia board behind it?

liv's Avatar (by Gravatar) by liv in  Roof

I assume not since the first row shingles flip up slightly causing water to pool up at the edge instead of falling into the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

What height of ladder do I need for cleaning my gutters

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

I live in a traditional 3 bedroom semi.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how much uch should it cost to replace a one and a half car garage roof milwaukee wis

dvh's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dvh in  Roof

I have a small garage - one and a half cars - that needs replacement in Milwaukee Wsconsin. Also a flashing that has rusted  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

there are alot tree limbs on the roof do they need to be cut down or are they ok

bubba jon jon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bubba jon jon in  Roof

over my moms room there are a lot of branches laying on the roof from a big tree that's in the front yard I want to cut them  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Round room only one center beam ?Plastic Looking? What is it

Deb's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Deb in  Roof

I am Looking at a home built late 1979 Its a Round Great Room living/kitchen combined with Sliding Patio doors all around.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Starter course for architectural shingles

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

My home had a new roof installed in 1997. No starter course was used. My question is was this standard practice back then?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

oil or axle grease for turbine roof vents?

larry's Avatar (by Gravatar) by larry in  Roof

which is better for wind-driven turbine roof vents?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Suggestions for material for a fillet between half-timbered wall & shingle roof

bobirving's Avatar (by Gravatar) by bobirving in  Roof

We have a strange little house which is basically a replica medieval building with a timber frame infilled with wattle  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I cannot find my water heater to change the element. I live in a double wide

nancy foss's Avatar (by Gravatar) by nancy foss in  Plumbing » Water » Hot Water »

I have a 1997 fleetwood harbor springs mobile home and I need to change the element in my water heater. Unfortunately fleetwood  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Is there a way to measure how much gas my hot water tank is using each month?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can i get all the sediment at the bottom of my gas water heater out

my gas water heater gurgles when the flame comes on how can i get all the sediment out i tried to drain it but there is still  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

when it rains water comes inside from ceiling down flue pipe to top of water heater yet when I look in attic there is no water coming in wha

when it rains water runs down my flue pipe on the water heater from the ceiling to top of water heater on the inside yet  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

are universal heater elements as good as ones manufactured for particular brand/model?