Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

the switch on my gas fireplace won't work when i turn it on and the pilot light is on.

ruby's Avatar (by Gravatar) by ruby in  Climate Control » Fireplaces

The gas fireplace don't work but the pilot light is on how do I get my fireplace to work again. Should  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

stained shower pan

Linda's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Linda in  Bathroom »

Any suggestions for cleaning a shower stall pan that is stained? It's perhaps eight years old and the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i have an aerosol can with a broken spray tip what can I do?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Other »

The spray tip of an expensive can broke off at the stem and I don't want to waste the contents. Can I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

my honeywell utility pro programmable thermostat screen went blank.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

battery is good circuit breaker checked. do not know what wrong. its honeywell utility pro programmable  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Ceiling fan with 4 small light ceramic sockets. How do I loosen sockets?

My HW store only sells 60W "day light" CFL bulbs in the candle size. With four bulbs it is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

installing a/c unit in sliding window. what to do with opening above a/c to top of jamb

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

mosfet dimmer control repair

Have several Lutron RadioRA2 dimmers that have been damaged by lightning and now are on at full brightness.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

no power to thermostal

AC was coming on and going off after afew seconds but now nothing and no power to thermostate but power  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

How do I add bleach to clean my indoor AC unit?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

Has anyone heard of adding bleach to help keep the system clean? I was told this should be done but  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

How do I fight a cancellation fee that I didn't know about?

I received a letter from my recently discontinued electric supplier that according to their contract  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Replace secondary voltage fuse on Bryant 90

Richard's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Richard in  Climate Control » Heating »

When I replaced my thermostat I hooked up the wiring incorrectly. Since then I have replaced the thermostat  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Will a basement dehumidifer reduce humidity in the entire house?

Don's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Don in  Climate Control »

If I put a basement dehumidifier next to the furnace/AC blower will it help reduce the humidity on the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Should all thru-wall home ac units drain out condensate in humid weather?

Bill in St. Pete.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Bill in St. Pete. in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I'm new in humid central Florida and have two thru-wall room AC units. A large Freidrich one that also  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rheem classic 90+ blower capacitor problems

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

running thermostat control fan on after hours of constant running it will shut down the fan and has  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My LG dehumidifier bucket keeps filling with hose attached. How do I stop it.

Dick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dick in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to determine how old my heat pump is.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

I have a janitrol  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

converting furnace to air exhaust using blower.

tolstoi's Avatar (by Gravatar) by tolstoi in  Climate Control »

I've gutted the furnace and put a vent over the intake. the forced air side will be reduced to 6 inches  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I always have a little water left in my new GE dishwasher after a cycle.

lane's Avatar (by Gravatar) by lane in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Will everyone haave to switch to Puron in the year 2020 and at what cost?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ac leaking at weep whole

My 4 yr old train AC is leaking fom it's weep hole in the bottom right of the unit. It is a small indent  ... read more »