Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

NEED TO REMOVE PAINT FROM TEAK CHAIRS THAT HAD BEEN PAINTED BLACK.

Jane in Alabama's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Jane in Alabama in  Painting

At a yard sale I purchased 4 teak chairs that had been painted black. Is there a method to remove the paint that will not  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Ceiling fan with 4 small light ceramic sockets. How do I loosen sockets?

My HW store only sells 60W "day light" CFL bulbs in the candle size. With four bulbs it is way too bright. I'd  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

brush washed down toilet bowl

nail scrub brush washed down into toilet. What should I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need know how to use a garage door opener for an elevator to the attic

HisKid's Avatar (by Gravatar) by HisKid in  Other »

I once saw a closet that raised and lowered into the attic using a garage door opener. There were NO tracks on the walls.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What is a Slaymaker Clamp for

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can i replace the guts of my $$$ kitchen soap dispenser

me's Avatar (by Gravatar) by me in  Kitchen »

can i replace the guts of my $$$ kitchen soap dispenser  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

what is the maximun distance you can run an extension cord for a temporary air c

richard's Avatar (by Gravatar) by richard in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

need to set up a temporary window a/c unit from an outlet 200 ft away what is the maximum distance I can use  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

does air conditioner units need to be level?

marshall's Avatar (by Gravatar) by marshall in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I replaced my battery cable for my craftsman lawn tractor. Tractor starts without ignition turned on?

I attached positive terminal first and then when I went to contact the ground engine turned over? Should I have attached  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Cost of geothermal heat per month in SW Ohio?

We live near Dayton and got a geothermal unit about 2 yrs ago (Carrier). We switched from propane heat and now have $400  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We have very wet, clay, winter soil. Wind pushes our fence crooked. Ideas?

Annie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Annie in  Fence »

We have a 226 ft fence on the west and east side of an half acre lot. Winds push on it and now it is leaning. Each post  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My condo balcony is screened, but we can hardly see through it.

The screens are old and hard to see through. The mesh is white in places. It will very difficult to replace the mesh.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!?

simplyconfused in new jersey's Avatar (by Gravatar) by simplyconfused in new jersey in  Cleaning »

I need HELP or a solution to this white powdery dust that's physically making me sick!!! 😬😷 I tried to google  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What company makes Crest-O-Mint Oil cleaner?

Marla's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Marla in  Cleaning »

I am looking to purchase Crest-O-Mint Oil Cleaner. I used to buy it at Albertsons in Norman Oklahoma. I am trying to find  ... read more »

This question has been answered 5 times. Add your answer today!

water coming up into basement of my moms condl at base of lolly column

Hi my mom has a 7 year old condo and have recently had a significant amount of water coming up through the area where the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What can you do if your positive and negative wires aren't long enough to reach

I'm trying to hook speakers up to a motorcycle and the positive and negative wires aren't long enough to reach battery what  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How long will 10 gallons of diesel fuel last in my oil furnace?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

new shopvac has been used 3 times has no suction.

marylan malcolm's Avatar (by Gravatar) by marylan malcolm in  Appliances »

Have craftsmen evoln 5 gallon 3 horsepower motor used 3 times has no suction  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do you answer a recent question?

dwchandl's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dwchandl in  This Site »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

can too much or too little gas adjustment on a gas valve cause my gas furnace to go whoomp