Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

is 2 2x6 nailed together stronger than one for roof rafter at 19 foot span

 lv  carport's Avatar (by Gravatar) by lv carport in  Roof

added roof over back patio used 2x6 roof rafter from house to new headder is 18 foot Work out to be 17 degree township  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Aluminum ridge vents

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

How much does it cost to repair aluminum ridge vents on the roof? I received an estimate to replace 3 aluminum ridge vents  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

i need mint green shingles for my roof

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

Received donated ones and its not enough roofers forgot to take measurment for sun porch  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

hot mop or torch flat roof what are the positive or negative aspects of each typy of roofing

Stefan's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Stefan in  Roof

Hot mop or Torch flat roof. What are the positive and/or negative aspects of the two types of roofing  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Sizing structural ridge beam and rafters for shed

J Silverman's Avatar (by Gravatar) by J Silverman in  Roof

Hi All I'm building a 16 ft x 16 ft shed and I'm not exactly sure how to frame the roof for it. I'd like to have only  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

going rate to repair metal roofs in Springfield MO?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How much is a new roof - approx. 80 total length of house

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

cape cod w/ 12/12 pitch and 5 dormers - approx ??  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Replace old Bird Stop on a Pre-Engineered Metal Building

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

We have purchased a pre-engineered metal building and the bird stop has dry rotted and needs replaced. What materials and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Northstar/Honda Generator won't shut off

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Generators »

I recently bought a Northstar 13000 PPG generator that is run by a Honda 20 hp engine. I believe it is about 20 years old  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Run cable to freestanding interior wall

Bennett05's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Bennett05 in  Technology » Home Theater »

We are looking to mount our tv over our fireplace on the first floor (no basement) but a few issues: 1. It's a freestanding  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

would bringing in more outside air into attic in a rainy climate cause more or less condensation?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

There are water droplets on protruding roofing nails in crawlspace. In a wet climate such as portland oregon it seems like  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Estimate cost of converting flat roof to slope roof

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

What would be the cost of converting a flat roof to a slope roof on a 1 676 sqft home?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how can I get the manufacturer of my roof shingles

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

I have no documentation of the shingles we had installed when we build our home in 1999. The shingles are falling apart  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

the sealcoat I used last summer is still tacky and has leaves stuck to it, what to do?

Dave's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dave in  Roof

I have a flat roof on my garage and when I seal coated it took a long time to dry and is still tacky months later. There  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I had ridge vents added,but left the fixed vents near the ridge. Will this work

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

I put on a new shingled roof. I already had fixed vents up near the ridge I put them back in. I also added ridge vents.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

im needing a new roof im not sure to go back with shingle or metal my roof

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

if i go back to shingle can i put a barrier shield  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do i connect spanish corrugated clay roof tiles to flat sheet roofing

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Roof

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Roofing question

Shannon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Shannon in  Roof

I had a roof put on my house in 2005. I cant find my warranty papers but have the original receipt. The company is now out  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

We have to keep replacing our barn roof turbines as they keep getting blown off

raven's Avatar (by Gravatar) by raven in  Roof

Are there any turbines that can hold up to hard winds? We want the circulation for the hay and heat. Any suggestions will  ... read more »