Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

How do I add bleach to clean my indoor AC unit?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Has anyone heard of adding bleach to help keep the system clean? I was told this should be done but  ... read more »

This question has been answered 3 times. Add your answer today!

How do I fight a cancellation fee that I didn't know about?

I received a letter from my recently discontinued electric supplier that according to their contract  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Replace secondary voltage fuse on Bryant 90

Richard's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Richard in  Climate Control » Heating »

When I replaced my thermostat I hooked up the wiring incorrectly. Since then I have replaced the thermostat  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Will a basement dehumidifer reduce humidity in the entire house?

Don's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Don in  Climate Control »

If I put a basement dehumidifier next to the furnace/AC blower will it help reduce the humidity on the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Should all thru-wall home ac units drain out condensate in humid weather?

Bill in St. Pete.'s Avatar (by Gravatar) by Bill in St. Pete. in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I'm new in humid central Florida and have two thru-wall room AC units. A large Freidrich one that also  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rheem classic 90+ blower capacitor problems

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

running thermostat control fan on after hours of constant running it will shut down the fan and has  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

My LG dehumidifier bucket keeps filling with hose attached. How do I stop it.

Dick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Dick in  Climate Control »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How to determine how old my heat pump is.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I have a janitrol  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

converting furnace to air exhaust using blower.

tolstoi's Avatar (by Gravatar) by tolstoi in  Climate Control »

I've gutted the furnace and put a vent over the intake. the forced air side will be reduced to 6 inches  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

I always have a little water left in my new GE dishwasher after a cycle.

lane's Avatar (by Gravatar) by lane in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Will everyone haave to switch to Puron in the year 2020 and at what cost?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Ac leaking at weep whole

Palma's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Palma in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

My 4 yr old train AC is leaking fom it's weep hole in the bottom right of the unit. It is a small indent  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

how do you know on a t8034c1085 honeywell thermostat the setting for the longer dial ?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

my son removed the cover and played with it?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Hi, I am alos use KEW HOBBY, but the capacitor is damaged

psyui's Avatar (by Gravatar) by psyui in  Tools and Equipment » Pressure Washers »

Hi I am alos use KEW HOBBY but the capacitor is damaged can anyone tell me the value of the capacitor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

lennox XC15 unit contactor fails to close

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

I can close the contactor manually and it runs but it will not stay closed. What do I do?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What kind of freon do I add to a portable ac unit?

On behalf of my Husband's Avatar (by Gravatar) by On behalf of my Husband in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

New home obs subfloor exposed to 4 periods of prolonged pooling of rain water.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  General Construction »

Have a toll brothers home that has been exposed to at least 4 periods of rain and snow. Obs subfloor  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Where can I find the error codes for a Bryant 90 plus

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What can be done about a loud outside central air unit?

scott's Avatar (by Gravatar) by scott in  Climate Control » Air Conditioning

Yes it's a bit old but really cools the house efficiently and quietly. The outside GE unit is a bit  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Thermostat shows AC what is wrong

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control »

Honeywell-chromotherm 111. Digital display is working but not the thermostat. What is the problem  ... read more »