Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

strong smell of gas from boiler flue

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Climate Control » Heating

strong smell of gas from boiler flue  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

for double pocket how much door should remain in the pocket when pulled closed?

daycare chick's Avatar (by Gravatar) by daycare chick in  Doors »

I am having a handyman install double doors with a left and right door. when pulled to center (closed)shouldn't  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

screwing hardi board siding

what type of screws are recommended for screwing hardi board siding to cement basement foundation?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

CUTTING A 4X4 PT POST TO 2.5 BY 3.5

Eclectica's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Eclectica in  Woodworking »

I need 4 posts that hold up some beams in my outdoor patio. Since a 4x4 PT post actual measurement is  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How much does it cost to replace a 2 door garage door with a single door?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Garage »

What is an estimate of replacing a 2 garage door for a 1 garage door  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

the temperature of the Fridge depend on food loading in the Freezer

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Appliances »

1- The technician told .my Mom she loaded too much foods in freezer so that the fridge not working  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Why did all my backyard lights stop working?

I have 3 fixtures in my backyard all on the same switch. 2 are motion detectors and 1 is not. All 3  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

does tinning flux go bad

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Plumbing »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is the differnce between sawsall and reciprocating saw

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Tools and Equipment » Power Tools »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

ULC Assemblies I need a ULC test or design number

Peter's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Peter in  Ceiling »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

How do I determine the age and cubic feet of my Kenmore refrigerator model #363.48042892

LLROSE's Avatar (by Gravatar) by LLROSE in  Appliances »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

rains hard water stands in yard then water comes under foundation of house

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

What could be causing my Trane XL80 transformer to keep shorting out?

Infantryman95's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Infantryman95 in  Climate Control » Heating

I just bought a Trane XL80 dual stage furnace I ran 18-5 thermostat wire and used all five wires I  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Volkera mynute he boiler that is currently displaying a fault code 10

The pressure bar had dropped down below so 0.5 so adjusted back up to 1.5 and the the boiler shut down  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

Which brand of sump pumps you prefer Little Giant, Zoeller or Libert and Why?

This question n is for experienced sump pump users now I have4 year old 1/2 Zoeller N267 HP Non-Auto  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

What is Tankless Water Heater?

What is Tankless Water Heater? And why plumbers choose tankless instead tank boiler.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 2 times. Add your answer today!

Best connection system for PEX tubing?

Cheritto's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cheritto in  Plumbing »

I am just released how many different type of PEX system we have ... its hard to make right choice. Please  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I need a box of 40 tiles! the part number is 225 and they are made by armstrong!

James eddington's Avatar (by Gravatar) by James eddington in  Ceiling »

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

what is the least expensive replacement for a GG40T6XA water heater

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 times. Add your answer today!

I have a living room ceiling to sheetrock and one joist is lower by at lest an i

Lamont's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lamont in  Ceiling »

One joist is lower than the others by at least an inch. What would be the best method to be able to Sheetrock  ... read more »