Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

Had a pool built, signed contract, 1 year later it's not done and the builder has a lawyer suing me

Unhappy in Cibilo Cliffs's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Unhappy in Cibilo Cliffs in  Yard » Pool

Signed a contract to build a pool June 1 2011. It isn't complete yet. The waterfall is 100% wrong and they won't fix it.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what equipment do you need to replace the top screen in a pool enclosure?

joe's Avatar (by Gravatar) by joe in  Yard » Pool

this is a very large enclosure and all I want to know what equipment is need to replace the top screens safely.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

white paint is coming off pool enclosure by rubbing hand across it.

flamingo's Avatar (by Gravatar) by flamingo in  Yard » Pool

why? can see thru paint to metal. Will spray paint touch up successfully?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Have a restriction in the suction side of the pool

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Pool

I found one of the beads from the creepy krawley in my line there may be more but they aren't coming through  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to fix pin hole leak in plastic casing

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Pool

I have a pin hole leak in the plastic casing that the pool pump goes into. The leak is starting to increase. Any ideas on  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

the pvc pipe on my pool pump has a pin hole in it, how can i repair it.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Pool

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Pool pump has leak in threaded part. Any idea how to fix the leak?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Pool

The white PVC pipe of my pool pump is leaking at the threaded coupler. It is a new piece but there must have been a problem  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

the pump on my filter purges, it does not produce maximum flow and/or pressure.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Pool

had a flood problem (natural - rain and runoff from the mountains water intrusion) into the pool room flooded the pump.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how often should swimming pool water be replaced?

Mike's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Mike in  Yard » Pool

The installer of our in ground pool suggested every 3 - 5 years as the free chlorine ... Yada yada . Is this true ? wouldn't  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

best options for carpeting for aluminum pool deck area

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Pool

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Will a 15 year old liner wich is now powder blue have a yellow cast.

Eileen's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Eileen in  Yard » Pool

All the original color is gone except for a few spots. My pool is now powder blue but the seams are white with a yellow  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I want to put a fountain pond by a 10 year old willow. If I hit roots will it kill the tree

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what's a good/safe pressure to wash a concrete patio with a pressure washer?

I want to get the moss and soot out of all the nooks and crannies but don't want to chip it. Is this more a function of the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what do i do to build a 10by10 patio

how far down to dig ? how many inches of sand? how much stone in inches?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

should concrete patio be level with door threshold

replacing a window with a door then pouring a patio up against the house foundation. shoud patio be level with threshold  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do i find a replacement wood pole for my patio umbrella? It broke right at the metal piece.

Is there anyway to replace just the wood pole of a large 10 foot square umbrella without buying an entirely new umbrella.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do I build paver patio steps

We are building a sidewalk with pavers and need to incorporate a step into the path. How do we do that?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I need the outdoor umbrella pole that goes from the umbrella to the base

I need the outdoor umbrella pole that goes from the umbrella to the base  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I remove a path of bricks from a patio?

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

correct spacing for 6x6 post on patio cover

im building a patio cover attached to my house i have alredy poured the cement and placed the post brackets (6x6) 12' apart  ... read more »