Homeowners' Hub Questions and Answers

listing options: FAQ |  answered |  unanswered |  recent |  oldest

should concrete patio be level with door threshold

phil's Avatar (by Gravatar) by phil in  Yard » Patio

replacing a window with a door then pouring a patio up against the house foundation. shoud patio be level with threshold  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do i find a replacement wood pole for my patio umbrella? It broke right at the metal piece.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

Is there anyway to replace just the wood pole of a large 10 foot square umbrella without buying an entirely new umbrella.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do I build paver patio steps

Gordon's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Gordon in  Yard » Patio

We are building a sidewalk with pavers and need to incorporate a step into the path. How do we do that?  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I need the outdoor umbrella pole that goes from the umbrella to the base

Lenny's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Lenny in  Yard » Patio

I need the outdoor umbrella pole that goes from the umbrella to the base  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I remove a path of bricks from a patio?

jmyers's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jmyers in  Yard » Patio

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

correct spacing for 6x6 post on patio cover

mrfool's Avatar (by Gravatar) by mrfool in  Yard » Patio

im building a patio cover attached to my house i have alredy poured the cement and placed the post brackets (6x6) 12' apart  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to replace the spring latch on a wooden umbrella

Elsie's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Elsie in  Yard » Patio

I need to replace the spring latch that holds the umbrella open and need to know how to do it. It is of wooden frame and  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

wrought iron gate doesn't shut properly

Christy's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Christy in  Yard » Patio

Hi I need to fix a wrought iron gate that doesn't shut properly. About a foot amount of gate is keeping the gate from shuting  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Do I need expansion joints?

dangerousdana's Avatar (by Gravatar) by dangerousdana in  Yard » Patio

I have a brand new home with a 14X30 attached and covered Patio. I want to add 30 inches on one end of the Patio from the  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

12x21 area gravel floor covered with heavy plasticI"d like to put a wood floor over it

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

12 x 21 area I have gravel floor with heavy plastic down All metal building. Going to be used for lawn mowers etc. I"d  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

I want to tint some existing poly sealer to change the color, I want green

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

It is a landscaping stone and I'd like the design to be tinted darker green. I would like to put something in the polyurethane  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how to make tarp withdrawable or roll in as a patio cover from house to building as attached

katina's Avatar (by Gravatar) by katina in  Yard » Patio

want to roll or draw string back tarp used as a cover over patio from eve of house to 20 or 30 feet away to wood shed how  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

best way to mount a 9' post in front of or to a 6' block wall

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

i am trying to figure out the best way to get a 9' high post mounted on the outside of my patio to install string lights  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Will a patio of pavers necessarily kill a live oak if built eight feet from the base of the tree?

SharynR's Avatar (by Gravatar) by SharynR in  Yard » Patio

Hi! We would like to build a patio of pavers off the back of our home. The edge of the patio would be about eight feet from  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

Collar tilt patio umbrella ALWAYS tilts when umbrella is fully open.

Steph's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Steph in  Yard » Patio

I'm looking for a way to permanently disable the tilt feature on my collar tilt umbrella. (Casual Cushion Corp is the brand  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

anyone know where to get and how to replace a pulley for a tilted patio umbrella?

samski's Avatar (by Gravatar) by samski in  Yard » Patio

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How do I repair the top hub of a patio umbrella? The wire that holds the top of poles is broken.

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

how do i remove a glass screen door

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

I want to change my rollers on the bottom but can't figure out how to remove the glass door. Please help me.  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

How to untilt my cosco market patio umbrella

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Patio

No further details provided  ... read more »

This question has been answered 1 time. Add your answer today!

what is the time allowed before driving on a new 4" concrete driveway?