Zirconium sanding belts

Are these less prone to loading than Aluminum Oxide belts - or are they just longer lasting in the event that I don't irreparably gunk them up like I usually do?
Care to share any tips on a) avoiding loading in the first place and 2) salvaging those for which I've ignored (a)?
JP ***************** Not happy with the tracking adjustment on the PC352VS.....

there's a rubber gummy thing you can get to unload belts. looks like a big eraser.
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:41:05 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

Does it work?
JP
Yes.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:41:05 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

Link to a quality rubber gummy thing:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page 192&category=1,42500
HTH Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?", the question is "who has them now?"
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/testimony/default.asp http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp
Zirconia belts can be loaded and cleaned over and over unless you load it with a molten gunk such as some paints. But they do last much longer. I have only purchased one for my large sander (80 grit for hogging off), and it has lasted through many AO finer belts that I use for finishing off. I used to use a zirconia disk on my outboard spindle on my lathe for sharpening. Never wore it out.
Jay Pique wrote:

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

they don't seem to load up as much as most belts. they are far more aggressive and lest a hell of a lot longer. well worth the cost. I use up a lot of them and AO belts would cost me a fortune and be slower.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
I cannot remember where I read this but somewhere I read that old tennis shoes can clean sanding belts. Also old crepe soled shoes. Larry

The "big gummy blocks" are blocks of crepe rubber. Before I spent money on a block, I had some old crepe rubber soled shoes and took the heel, the thickest part, and used it to clean a sanding disk to see if it would work. When my old shoes wore down, I then bought a couple of blocks and use them all the time.