Zinsser Frencch finish

Has anyone in this group tried the Zinsser french polish finish? Is it really advantageous as their advertisement claims? Is it just a shellac with no special properties?
Dick
Richard Cline wrote:

From Zinsser's web page for the product http://www.Zinsser.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID
"Formulated from a select blend of dewaxed flake shellac combined with a unique lubricating solvent," ...
I have a hard enough time finding their "Seal Coat" in my area. I don't think I'll bother trying their "French Polish".
Nova wrote:

Highland Hardware carries it: http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDY05&HS=1     mahalo,     jo4hn

Rockler has it here, but at $14-something a pint (?), I haven't bitten.
Those Zinsser people are DRIVEN. They have an oil base primer, a water base primer, a shellac primer, a primer that's oil base but cleans up with soap and water, and a French finish. What else? A water base primer that cleans up with acetone?
On 28 Oct 2004 12:05:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote:

Several finish companies sell "French Polish". Another that comes to mind is Behlen's.
The premade products are very popular with the pro furniture repair crowd.
Barry
I've been told by some pros that it doesn't work particularly well. It is probably still worth giving it a try to learn the beginnings of how to French polish.
Good Luck.