Zero slot guide for Robland Saw

i have a http://www.jacks.co.nz/combinations.html x310 saw very rarley use it at anything but 90 deg need a zero clearance slot and read about turning the alloy insert upside down on plastic or glass and filling it with epoxy then bring the saw blade up into it to cut the slot anybody tried this? with an alloy insert
Cant really see a way of making mounting holding a zero insert in the slot on the x310
cheers connor
--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!
connor aston wrote:

Skip epoxy and make one out of wood, solid or ply. Here's how (and I've got a lot of into on the X31 that you may find useful - that's a lot of machine you've got there. Shame to use just one of its five functions.
http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/X31ZeroClearance.html
There's also a Yahoo Robland X31 owners group you might want to join..
charlie b X31 evangelist
Once again amazing forum thanks will make one this weekend (and load pics up) so what is the The bullet catch "strike plate" ? any pics dont recognise that part im in uk/ireland any linsk to other pics
cheers connor

www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!
connor aston wrote:

Bullet catch is a cylinder with a spring loaded ball bearing that goes into the bottom end of an inset cabinet door. Under it, in the closed position you put what I call the "stike plate" - a half donut like washer thing held in with a small screw or brad. Have posted a picture in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.
e-mail me an address and I'll send you a couple.
charlie b