Zero-clearance insert for Delta TS-350

Does anyone know of a good zero-clearance insert for the Delta TS-350?
It looks to me like Delta does not make one of their own (which I find strange) and the only one I've seen after a bit of web-research is the Leecraft DL-2 (which had some mediocre reviews).
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good zero-clearance insert? (I'd rather buy one since my shop time is limited and I rather spend it on other home projects right now.)
Thanks, Leonard
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:53:32 -0400, "Leonard T. Armstrong"

how much time have you spent websearching for one? I bet you could have made several in that time... ; ^ )

Any 1/2" stock on hand? You can make a dozen of them in less time that it will take you to go to the store and buy one. I made 6 of them from MDF in less than an hour. Cost about 50 rather than the $20 a store bought one fetches.
I'm assuming use cut the circular ends with a jigsaw? Do you use leveling screws?
TIA.
wrote in message

Bandsaw, but jigsaw will do. I then used a pattern bit in the router to trim it to exact size.
For leveling screws, I used #8 x 3/4 countersunk so they can be adjusted from above.
Complete instructions were posted about a week ago if you want to do a search or I can send them again to you when I get home.
Easy way is to rough cut, then with the original insert clamped/taped to the rough blank, just use a pattern cutting bit in a router to get it EXACTLY the same as the original
John
On 13 Oct 2004 11:13:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Never Enough Money) wrote:

On 13 Oct 2004 11:13:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Never Enough Money) wrote:

the bevel on the original insert... no leveling screws needed on my setup, if the stock is the right thickness, just slight counter sinking..
wrote in message

I think the problem with this saw is that the insert is stamped metal and you can't make an insert thin enough to fit without being to flimsy.
On 13 Oct 2004 20:06:05 GMT, David Patnaude

aluminum sheeting and a grinder??
I was able to get a lightly damaged piece of Pergo flooring from the local Lowe's for free. Easy to cut and very sturdy.
Doug Leonard T. Armstrong wrote:

I use the Leecraft and like it. However, as the other posts note - it's pretty easy to make you own. A friend of mine makes about ten at a time.
[snip]