Zero-clearance insert for Delta TS-350

Does anyone know of a good zero-clearance insert for the Delta TS-350?

It looks to me like Delta does not make one of their own (which I find strange) and the only one I've seen after a bit of web-research is the Leecraft DL-2 (which had some mediocre reviews).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good zero-clearance insert? (I'd rather buy one since my shop time is limited and I rather spend it on other home projects right now.)

Thanks, Leonard

Reply to
Leonard T. Armstrong

how much time have you spent websearching for one? I bet you could have made several in that time... ; ^ )

Reply to
bridger

Any 1/2" stock on hand? You can make a dozen of them in less time that it will take you to go to the store and buy one. I made 6 of them from MDF in less than an hour. Cost about 50¢ rather than the $20 a store bought one fetches.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
dougchapis

I use the Leecraft and like it. However, as the other posts note - it's pretty easy to make you own. A friend of mine makes about ten at a time.

[snip]
Reply to
Never Enough Money

I'm assuming use cut the circular ends with a jigsaw? Do you use leveling screws?

TIA.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Bandsaw, but jigsaw will do. I then used a pattern bit in the router to trim it to exact size.

For leveling screws, I used #8 x 3/4 countersunk so they can be adjusted from above.

Complete instructions were posted about a week ago if you want to do a search or I can send them again to you when I get home.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:M21bd.8990$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

I think the problem with this saw is that the insert is stamped metal and you can't make an insert thin enough to fit without being to flimsy.

Reply to
David Patnaude

Easy way is to rough cut, then with the original insert clamped/taped to the rough blank, just use a pattern cutting bit in a router to get it EXACTLY the same as the original

John

Reply to
John

I "cut" mine with the 9" disk sander, with the table tilted to match the bevel on the original insert... no leveling screws needed on my setup, if the stock is the right thickness, just slight counter sinking..

Reply to
mac davis

aluminum sheeting and a grinder??

Reply to