Zero Clearance Adventure

In putting a new blade on my 60 year old Atlas table saw, it was real close to the metal insert edge with stabilizers installed. Time to use that HDPE to make a zero clearance insert. Odd size so you can't buy them. Traced mine and cut and sanded shape to perfection. Now to mill the thickness using the Dewalt 735 planer. Boy what a smooth cut until I got to the last pass when it mangled the face badly. Thought maybe some chips may have jammed it a bit. Well that is an understatement! The plastic planes well and comes off in long ribbons which don't go through the 735's blower and all were jammed in the collector shroud. Once I unjammmed it all was fine. So just a word of warning when planing HDPE and don't see the waste because it is ducted away. The new 50T Infinity with the zero clearance seems to be real sweet with the few cuts I've made.
Jerry

Try buffalo horn sometime ! That _expands_ when you cut into it. It's like trying to saw through chainsaw trousers.