ZAR Wood Stain

I just tried some ZAR brand wood stain on a small project. It worked really well. Not a gel and not a paste. Kind of a liquefied paste. Went on very smooth with no streaking. We had been using Minwax and a couple of other oil based stains. It will probably be my first choice for projects from now on. Jim

James wrote:

Dave
"James" wrote in message

My favorite ZAR is "114 Provincial" and I use a _lot_ of it ... AAMOF, my painter just bought two gallons for me last week and told me that when he picked it up they told him at Sherwin Williams (the only place in Houston I can find that handles ZAR) that it is no longer being made?
I certainly hope that is not the case.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

You have a personal painter? Is he on retainer? :)
Wed, Dec 6, 2006, 4:10pm locutus snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Locutus) did unthinkingly post: You have a personal painter? Is he on retainer? :)
Don't you guys "ever" think before you post? Thanks a bunch. So now I keep thinking about him calling in his personal painter, and getting painted. That is so so disturbing, on so many levels. Happy now?
JOAT I am, therefore I think.

I sure thought that I saw Zar at Lowe's may be HD. Courts Hardware in Stafford handles Zar.
RE: Subject
SFWIW, got some WoodKote gel stain this week.
It was on the same shelf as the Zar product in a Benjamin Moore store in Long Beach, Ca.
What made this so unusual that the owner of the store and I graduated from the same school in Cleveland, only four (4) years apart, as well as a long time ago.
You can run, but you can't hide.
Lew
I too like Zar wood stains. Lowes stopped carrying it here several years ago and I bought every can that they had left, which won't last me much longer. I can't believe that a product that is this good is being dropped everywhere and a product like Minwax is taking over the shelf space. Since I had a sizeable supply I wasn't immediately concerned about not having a supplier nearby, but I'll be running out soon.
I recently heard that Ace Hardware was carrying Zar products, but I haven't checked that out yet.
--
Charley

"Leon" < snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net> wrote in message
Charley wrote:

In my local area, Benjamin Moore paint dealers carry Zar stains.
->My favorite ZAR is "114 Provincial" and I use a _lot_ of it ... AAMOF, my ->painter just bought two gallons for me last week and told me that when he ->picked it up they told him at Sherwin Williams (the only place in Houston I ->can find that handles ZAR) that it is no longer being made?-> ->I certainly hope that is not the case. Not necessarily true... A check of UGL's web site shows that it is still listed in the product lineup.
http://www.ugl.com/zarwoodstn.html
Joe
10x wrote:

I got mine at the local Ace Hardware. I was also getting Behr Spar Varnish ( for our boat ) and Behr Clear Lac there but since Home Depot bought Behr it's become unavailable. They're suppose to be carrying it under the True Tone name now. We'll see. Jim

"James" wrote in message

I heard this morning that Ace Hardware might carry it here in Houston. I've not been able to confirm it, but certainly hope that is the case.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

10x wrote: