Yuk! HOME DEPOT is awful these days

Page 2 of 6

n7ws*@*yahoo.com says...

ANY Home Depot employees and or members of their management reading this that can refute even SOME of the negative comments that have been posted? Or, do they all agree with the general conclusions espressed that HD's product selection, overall performance, etc. has really degraded. Hmmm?
Then do as I do. Walk around the line and out the door. Easy eh?
"Tom Veatch" <.> wrote in message

Only works up to a point. If you need something, then you need it. Leaving, and driving somewhere else will inconvenience you a great deal longer than being given the once-over by an attendant.
I don't know where you get that from. Simply buy the thing and leave. Skip the twit at the door. He is no more than an annoyance.
wrote in message

Exactly so. If he wants to follow me out to my car he's welcome to, but I'm under no obligation to stop for him, show him my receipt, or queue to leave the store.

They got a bit nasty and referred to a notice on the door that warned about the right to inspect bags upon leaving. What do you do in that case?
--
Best regards
Han

Walmart does the same thing. It's not an inconvenience and only takes a second. What was REALLY annoying is that I was setting the alarm off. After a year I finally discovered that my shoes were setting off the alarm. A Walmat employee deactivated them for me--no more problems. Our local HD does not inspect sales slips nor packages on the way out.
Han wrote:

Far as I'm concerned, their house, their rules. If you don't want to abide by their rules then don't shop in their store.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
J. Clarke wrote:

stores that makes it so??????????
wide glide wrote:

Both of those are criminal offenses in all localities in the US of which I am aware. In what localities is requiring that one show a store employee the contents of one's shopping bag before leaving the store a criminal offense?
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Where is it a crime to tell the twit to stick it?

In one of my former lives I conducted academic research on the guard (unarmed and armed) industry. While observing class room training I heard a lawyer advise the students that if a store employee or a guard physically prevents someone from leaving the store the employee/guard could be charged with unlawful imprisonment. This would be particularly true if handcuffs were used. While the charges would probably be dropped somewhere in the process the legal possibility exists. The lawyer advised that restraining people and/or taking them into custody and/or handcuffing people is for the police... the guards role is deterrence, recording information that will help the police, and calling the police if someone flees. It was kind of an interesting class that also covered the use of force and deadly physical force... left me with a more refined view of what my obligations are while going armed.
Not being a lawyer myself I cannot say that this is true in all states but it is apparently true in NY.
John

What irritates me is when I go to a store and buy ONE item, and the clerk shoves it into a bag, no matter how small it is. Then I say "I don't need a bag." "All merchandise must be bagged to prove you bought it", they say, in a rude voice. So I usually take the item out and throw the bag on the counter and give them a nasty look after I get my change. Gone are the days of the customer being right.
-
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:23:03 -0500, grappletech

I never had a HD employee insist on putting my eight-foot 2x4 into a bag!

Have you ever tried to shoplift one by sticking it down your pants? :)

No, but I did see a couple of guys wheel out a whole orange cart load of concrete sacks the other day. Straight from the rack to the truck. Right past about six HD employees. One of the pair looked me right in the eye, and knew I knew.
I just shut up and walked. They were parked right next to me and loading up the goods. When I got in my truck, we made eye contact again.
I'm not getting shot over some concrete.
Steve

Well, that about cinches it. What happens in your locale must be like what it is in the entire rest of the known solar system. I'm convinced. I must have been dreaming when I shared the experiences about where I live.
Or I live in another solar system. But then, I just heard of a new planet today...........................
FWIW, it's worth about as much as half a dog turd.
Steve
wrote

can go to bed in a town and leave your truck parked on the street and not have to worry about having your tires punctured. However there is parts of town where I would hire Bubba and his gang to stand guard. And glad your up on your astronomy, there's new stuff being found out there all the time!
We have HD and Lowes here they do bag everything but never ever stand at any door or ask to see anything . Other stores such as auto parts usually hand me my can or 2 of paint with no bag . I can run short conversations with the store employees and they are friendly & smile .
Tell him to screw himself and walk away. He has three choices. He can try to physically detain you which equals assault. He can call a cop which, if anything comes of it will amount to false arrest. He can shut up and crawl back under his rock. They can hang a sign saying that they have the right to rape customers too but how far do you think they'd get with that? Tactics like that work by intimidation. Don't be intimidated.