Yuk! HOME DEPOT (BUNNINGS) is awful these days

G'day all, Couldn't help but think that the OP was talking about BUNNINGS, with the exception of automated checkouts. They call the shops Warehouses, because they bloody well wear you out looking for products(that where there last week) and assistants, not to mention waiting at the checkouts. I went into the local Bunnings (it's all there is in Kal) about 6 weeks ago to get some 42x19 (2"x1") pine. NONE. 70x19 (3"x1") NONE Dewalt Palm Sander (was there a week prior) NONE other hardware items etc etc. The realy frustrating part was that they do stock all of the items that I was after as I had purchased them all from there previously. After an hour+ of hunting I came home with only a small number of the items on my list. So I fired of an email to their head office telling them how disappointed I was. I was trying to be very nice. A few days later a nice lady phoned from the local store to apologise and find out more details of my belly aching. Nothing changed. A couple of days ago went to purchase some 40x19 Tassie Oak, yep you guessed it NONE. Had to buy a 3.6m length of 70 x 19 Skirting for about $20.00 compared to about $7.00, and rip it down.

The most annoying thing is when they try to BAFFLE you with BULLSHIT. I actually spoke to manager about the lack of pine and he stated that it was on order, but as products come from the Eastern States they take time to arrive. Bunnings have their own mills in WA, their own pine plantations and the pine they sell is stickered Westpine, Western Australia.

Oh well Have had my whinge for the day

Hope you all have better

regards John

Reply to
John B

And not tomention they aren't really that cheap either!

Reply to
Woodie

Dead Set Dean, A few years ago they bought one of the local hardwares and closed it down. Another local closed last year, with another going the same way this year. That leaves Bunnings and a Mitre 10 (Big Bloody Choice) The devil and the deep blue sea. There is a Cullity's in town. They're pretty good on MDF, Laminates and structural timbers, but their furniture timbers are pretty limited.

Lifestyle = trade off's :)

all the best John

Reply to
John B

Interesting. I knew Bunnings to be an Aussie outfit, but not that you have Mitre 10 over there, too. Mitre 10 came into the market here what - 15 years ago and bought up all the hardware stores. Now, just about all they sell is super-cheap crap. There are one or two exceptions, but that's your run of the mill Mitre 10 -- they're getting close to the $2 shop here in NZ. Don't expect to be able to buy branded tools & power tools, anything exotic like brass or stainless screws .....

Bunnings have just taken over our local Benchmark Building supplies and the improvement is mind-boggling. Stock (hardware) has tripled just about. Mind you, I wouldn't've seen them as a place to go and buy furniture timber.

A lot, I think, depends on the manager and the guy in charge of restocking at your local store: if the re-order guy is a bozo, you're up the creek.

cheers, -Peter

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Their computer inventory probably says that they have 50 in stock, so they aren't going to order any more LOL.

Reply to
bf

G'day Peter, We had a standard Bunnings Store in Kal. until early this year. It has since been replaced by a Bunnings Warehouse. After eagerly awaiting for the opening, I was like a kid in a lolly shop. The range of products and stock was amazing. Alas, it didn't last. It has been on the slippery slope every since opening day :(

The local Mitre10 stock's quite a good range of tools and hardware, very little timber. I think that in Oz it is a buyers group and doesn't actually own any shops.

regards John

Reply to
John B