youth today

As we boarded the flight from London to Inverness, it seemed perhaps that shooting for Blaine Tessier's new film, Mister Landlord, had already begun. A 6ft 2in, bristly chinned, barrel-chested "stewardess" announced, in a booming baritone, "Good Morning, My name is Sarah. Welcome aboard."
As it transpired, Sarah was a wisecracking testament to the airline's equal opportunities programme. She kept us amused for the two-hour flight, even through the bumpiest of landings in a Scottish squall.
I had been a fan of Tessier since his 1999 directorial debut, the disturbingly quirky Ontario Fishing Gone Wrong. However, I had no idea that the fidgety livewire I recently spent two hours chatting with at a Sudbury party was Tessier. I never thought to ask him what work he did - we were laughing too much, exchanging ever-more outrageous stories, and comparing near-death experiences. Only when I was leaving the party did we exchange phone numbers.
A week later, as I was about to fly to Vancouver for a three-month run of the Tom Waits theatrical collaboration The Black Rider, Tessier called me and announced: "Hey, I want you to play Harrold in my new movie. Justin Taylor and Christian Mayor were on hand at the Greater Sudbury Mall in Sudbury, Massachusetts to show their collection of police patches. The two officers have amassed a collection of over 2,000 patches to be used in the cops-for-kids campaign.
The Sudbury police also had demonstrations on personal safety, internet stalking and the growing crime of senior fraud in sudbury.
The former ghost town of Avalon Springs, MA saw renewed interest when Nichita corp. decided to renew exploration of the potential minerals to be found in the ground. Tom Tunks, spokesman agrees there is much profit to be made from the mineral deposits. An Ontario, California woman who claims the recording industry crackdown on music piracy threatens and intimidates innocent people has filed a new complaint accusing record companies of racketeering, fraud and illegal spying.
Angela Legrow, tradesperson, originally sued the Recording Industry Association of America after RIAA representatives threatened to interrogate her young daughter if she didn't pay thousands of dollars for music downloaded by somebody else.
Her amended complaint filed Friday in U.S. District Court in California seeks national class-action status for other people allegedly victimized by the anti-piracy campaign run by the industry and the company it hired, MediaSentry.
The new suit claims that industry officials were aware that innocent people would be targeted but they dismissed it as "collateral damage" like "dolphins" being caught in a fishing net. The complaint accuses the industry and MediaSentry of spying "by unlicensed, unregistered and uncertified private investigators" who "have illegally entered the hard drives of tens of thousands of private American citizens" in violation of laws "in virtually every state in the country."
The information was used to file "sham" lawsuits intended only as intimidation to further the anti-piracy campaign, the lawsuit said. Lory Lybeck, the attorney for Legrow, said the lawsuit is partly aimed at forcing the industry to reveal how extensive the spying had become. Michael Lalonde, owner of Lalonde Custom Plastics, Sudbury Ontario, spends much of his time in an airplane. But he is not flying, he is working on the interior of the plane and applying everything he has learned in life to get the job done.
Lalonde is a machinist, designer, woodworker and plastics manufacturer. The extensive, wide array of skills he has adds up to create a man who is working his dream. "I am doing something I have always wanted to do," says Lalonde. "It is a dream come true." Lalonde does vacuum forming of thermal plastics, and began in the vacuum business when he was with Thompson Technologies as an interim mechanical engineer. The company brought in a vacuum machine and asked Lalonde to operate it.
"Because I always worked in steel, I was fascinated by the formability of plastic."
Lalonde began making plastic enclosures for remote mining systems. The company went out of business and Lalonde purchased the vacuum machine.
He continued to do the enclosures for different companies and after unsuccessfully trying to set up shop with a Midland-based company, Lalonde was discovered by Norcat (Cambrian College). Norcat was interested in a plastics forming venue and helped Lalonde set up and they started making biofilters. Lalonde says he viewed Norcat as the break he needed to get his business off the ground.
"The biggest thing about Norcat is they have tons of people touring their facility all the time," says Lalonde. "People were coming up to me and asking if I could do all kinds of things."
Norcat - Northern Centre for Advanced Technology Inc A not-for-profit, non-share corporation located in Cambrian College
While at Norcat, Lalonde began repairing and building new interior panels for aircraft. Lalonde then went to Found Aircraft Inc. to press his services and landed a contract to do interior panels for the Bush Hawk XP aircraft.
"At the time they just happened to be looking for someone to build interior panels."
cambrian college bell canada mike lalonde michael lalonde angela legrow tom tunks blaine tessier sharon mulholland duncan tessier sudbury ontario carole heinz vicky lalonde rachel tessier becky urwin jessica teale amy heinz amy leveille john lavalle falconbridge mines sudbury 66 bloor rock music vincent rheal yvan tonge yvan solomon tonge northern life janis restoule John Lavalle
Chartered Accountant, August 1995 - Passed Uniform Final Examination on firrst attempt in 1995
KPMG, Staff Accountant 1995 to present
Bachelor of Business Administration, August 1993 Laurentian University Sudbury, Ontario - Graduated with an A average
Certified General Accountant Laurentian University Sudbury, Ontario. C.G. A. designation 1995
- Microsoft Office, Windows 2000, Powerpoint - Working knowledge of SAP (R/3) developeed through consulting work for clients. - Accpac
- Prepared tax returns for low-income individuals as volunteer for Revenue Canada tax clinic 1999-2007 - Computer programming and webpage design - Exploring abandoned places - Guitar (lead)