Your memory better than mine?

Need a little help. Seems a year or so back, either here or on ABPW/F there was a discussion about a rather odd saw, but I can't remember the final consensus. BIL has one and we were talking about it; basically a bow saw, but the frame is around the perimeter, with the blade stretched across the center, at right angle to the frame, so when in use, the frame would actually have to "straddle" whatever was being cut. Would seem to indicate a rip type operation, maybe a small resaw?
Anyone remember anything about this?
Nahmie

I don't recall the conversation, but it sounds like a Neander's panel saw.
It's a frame saw. It's used for resawing. David
remove the key to email me.

Thanks David. DAGS for "frame saw" and it showed some.
What kind of animal is a Norsaw? Is it related to the Narwhale? I saw one on display in a lumberyard a long time ago which I vaguely remember, except it had a circular blade sticking up out of a round revolving plate and a metal table with rollers or something and the saw in the middle. They must not have gone over very big or you'd see them around.