YOUR LOCAL BARGAQIN PAPERS

I get the impression a fair number of you don't check your local bargain papers. I got one tonight, and have been going thru it. This is for centra/east North Carolina. It lists, among other things:
1 WOOD LATHES - 1 Delta 1/4hp, 48" long with hand tools, and sander attachment $200; 1 Dunlap 36" long $40 - (262) 355-4791...SVKR Greenville
I have no idea what the SVKR means.
12" table mounted band saw - w/wood table, $50.00 (262) 636-1764 New Bern
Craftsman 9" table saw, on stand w/casters, cast iron table & ext, belt drive, miter gauge & rip fence, 6 blades, works good, $125.00 (252) 745-4049 Bayboro
12" wide thickness planer for wood, with roll around table, $100.00 (2l52) 636-1764 New Bern
If I had $100 to spare, I'd be checking this myself. Unfortuately, had to get a set of tires for my truck.
Heavy duty 6x12 utility trailer, 5" channel frame, 3" crossmembers every 16", 2X8 flooring, lights, removable sides, firm $100.00 (252) 332-3208
6x8 Flat Utility Trailer - $100.00 (252) 459-4954 Nashville
4x8 trailer with wood floor, thick steen wire sides, sliding rear gate, high sides, good cond., elder female selling, TALK LOUD! $200.00 (910) 347-6065 Jacksonville
Craftsman 10" table saw, 110 V motor, steel stand, some access., $175.00 (252) 312-6139 Edenton
10" Table aw - $50.00 (252) 258-5859 Greenville
These are from just one bargain paper. There are any number of bragain papers in the local area, and probaly most people only post in one at a time. This particular one offers free posting for up to 4 ads per week, for items selling for $1500 or less. A lot of the other local baragin papers have similar free posting deals.
JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /

Jet closed stand 6" jointer $475 firm. (New $500)
Delta contractors saw $800 firm. (new $850)
lotsa good deals like that! i never see any deals, but I keep on looking! Greg
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:33:22 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) wrote:

Tue, Sep 16, 2003, 3:04am (EDT-2) snipped-for-privacy@wherevernet.com (WD) coied my entire post, not snipping a thing, and then didn't post any thing of his own.
Priceless.
JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
LOL, I hate those kind of posts. I searched the thing for several minutes trying to find out what they had to say.
--
Jeffrey P. Picard

Come visit my woodshop on the web at:
And what in the world is a 'bargain paper'? From the description I see here, the closest thing I know about is what the Credit Union puts out once a month. Only CU members can list items and we are limited to two 25 word ads each month. Lots of cars, cats, dogs, and furniture.
Woodchip
message

"Junk Papers" Tradin' Times, Auto Trader and the like.

When I was looking for a radial arm saw, I did a Google search using the terms "Radial arm" and "Connecticut." That brought me a link to the "Bargain News" on-line (www.bargainnews.com). There I found a RAS for $75. I would have considered that a gloat except that it was a Craftsman.
Lee

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:57:04 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) scribbled

Well, here in the Yukon, classified ads in the two local papers are free for non-commercial ads. I've bought all my stationary power tools through the classifieds (2 TS, sold one, planer, jointer, bandsaw), except for the DP and chop saw. I've also bought some hand tools, but no small power tools.
People will often buy the papers just for the ads.
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

People? You mean there's more than one of you nuts enough to live in the Yukon? :)
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:55:48 -0400, Silvan

30,000 or so of us nuts. And nuts is correct: I just woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Summer's over a couple of days early. But we nuts are outnumbered by bears (30,000+), moose (70,000+), caribou (hundreds of thousands), not to speak of smaller numbers of coyotes, wolves, thin-horn sheep, mountain goats, elk and deer. No snakes or skunks. Which suits me just fine. :)
Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

30,000 nuts in the entire province? I'm not sure how distorted this Mercator projection is, but that looks like a pretty big chunk of real estate.
Anyway, Pennsylvania is distastefully far north for me, so I guess I'll take the snakes and skunks. :)
And the foul haze that obscures the view of my beloved mountains. :(
woodchip snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Paul Andersen) wrote in message

Around these parts it's referred to as the "Penny Savers." Want Ads for used merchandise - lots of old couches, refridgerators, sofas, and the occaisional gem. Looks like JOAT gets more than his fair share of gems. I'd be tempted to drive down there for the planer if not for Isabelle.
-Chris
My favorite ad in a bargain magazine was:
Trailer and wench, $200, firm. call xxx-xxxx
Michael

snipped-for-privacy@frontiernets.net/without_any_s/ says...

Bubba probably figured it was easier and cheaper just to get new ones of both rather than trying to move them. :-)