your favorite power tool

Page 2 of 2

wrote in

If it was *any* tool in the shop, I'd say the panel cutting table that I built for 20 bucks in an afternoon. There's nothing in the shop that's done more for my lower back, and I rank THAT factor very high. :-)
But for power tools, I find it's the Bosch 3915 I got after it was discontinued. I NEED the table saw and the band saw. They're essential along with another half dozen in the shop, and I like using 'em. But within weeks, after I got that saw on a rolling station with wings on both sides, the Bosch was the most-used tool in the shop and it was usually cutting project time in half. Surprisd both me and SWMBO. We figured it was going to make the bathroom remodel easier but didn't figure on THAT much. I noticed the "easier". She noticed the "faster". I'm still a little surprised that a non-essential tool has become my favorite and most-used, but that's the way it worked out.