Youbo Bench Extensions

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo? I'd like to go a bit longer.
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?pq736&c

Email Lee Valley and ask them. If they don't know, they will find out for you. Their customer service is top notch.
On 4/1/2014 8:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LOL, What is today?

Yep, I thought this was a little extreme, even for Lee Valley. Then I thought, is today April 1st? And the clincher is the Click Here for More information line. Where you get the story behind Lee Valley's April First Products. The is number 11.
Like I always said, Lee Valley is a class act.
On 4/1/2014 9:00 AM, Leon wrote:

Didn't even have to look to know what it was: The date, Ed, and LV all add up to no good. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

This afternoon, think I'll email Lee Valley customer service and see how many questions they got about the Youbo. :)
I thought the "free" package of 10 dog holes was the clincher ;-)

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
On 4/1/2014 9:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I wonder if it integrates well with the Woodcraft Splinter(TM). http://www.woodcraft.com/offers/aprilfools.aspx
--
Drew Lawson For it's not the fall, but landing,
That will alter your social standing
On Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:08:25 -0400, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

;-)

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

The "gravity included" feature of the dust collection system was also a hint.
I liked the STORE tool chest shown in the video!
And did anyone else react that some of the things they showed in the video really would be easier if done standing, with the workpiece near eye level?

Many of the April Fools products are pretty good ideas. At least one -- the "Story Tape" (blank tape measure) -- ended up being added as a real product.
This one has some details that may well end up in a lot of shops.
--
|Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| | The chickens are revolting! |

I thought about that a couple times, as I secured a workpiece in a vise yesterday. Sometimes vertical is a great way to go for working.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 02 Apr 2014 16:54:38 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Not when it's a dropped chisel or plane, or any tool, or even the wood you are working on. :-(
--
Jeff

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

After you've been doing woodworking a bit longer, my young friend, you'll no doubt find that you don't need crutches like that to get you past the limitations of your current skill level. Guillaume-Robert, or for that matter any old-timer who grew up using his remarkable bench, would tell you that even one extension would fall into the category of what we today call a training wheel.
;-)
Tom

I did say, "usually". ;-)
A couple of decades ago, I knocked a knife off the bench at work. I instinctively jumped, spread my feet apart and raised my hands above the table. A cow-orker remarked that my reactions "weren't natural". "Everyone else would reach to grab the knife to stop it from falling." Screw the knife, and the floor. ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I'm programmed the same. We've already decided what we're going to do.

A friend dropped a knife in the kitchen and "instinctively" grabbed it. Unfortunately, the sharp edge sliced an inch deep into the web between thumb and forefinger.
I'd be very pleased to fit into the "unnatural" category.