Youbo Bench Extensions

Does anyone know if I can use two extension on the ends of the Youbo? I'd like to go a bit longer.

Ed Pawlowski

Email Lee Valley and ask them. If they don't know, they will find out for you. Their customer service is top notch.

Reply to
none

LOL, What is today?

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 09:00:08 -0500, Leon

This afternoon, think I'll email Lee Valley customer service and see how many questions they got about the Youbo. :)

Reply to
none

Yep, I thought this was a little extreme, even for Lee Valley. Then I thought, is today April 1st? And the clincher is the Click Here for More information line. Where you get the story behind Lee Valley's April First Products. The is number 11.

Like I always said, Lee Valley is a class act.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Didn't even have to look to know what it was: The date, Ed, and LV all add up to no good. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

I thought the "free" package of 10 dog holes was the clincher ;-)

Reply to
notyoung

it's nice they give you ten extra dog holes for FREE!!!!!

Reply to
geoff

I wonder if it integrates well with the Woodcraft Splinter(TM).

Drew Lawson

The "Extra Dog Holes, pkg. of 10 FREE" didn't sound an alarm? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Yeah, that's the kicker. Lee Valley doesn't give *ANYTHING* away. ;-)

Reply to
krw

The "gravity included" feature of the dust collection system was also a hint.

I liked the STORE tool chest shown in the video!

And did anyone else react that some of the things they showed in the video really would be easier if done standing, with the workpiece near eye level?

Reply to
alexy

Many of the April Fools products are pretty good ideas. At least one -- the "Story Tape" (blank tape measure) -- ended up being added as a real product.

This one has some details that may well end up in a lot of shops.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

alexy wrote in news:lhh5c0$cbe$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I thought about that a couple times, as I secured a workpiece in a vise yesterday. Sometimes vertical is a great way to go for working.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Unlike many hobbies, with woodworking, gravity is usually your friend.

Reply to
krw

Not when it's a dropped chisel or plane, or any tool, or even the wood you are working on. :-(

Reply to
woodchucker

After you've been doing woodworking a bit longer, my young friend, you'll no doubt find that you don't need crutches like that to get you past the limitations of your current skill level. Guillaume-Robert, or for that matter any old-timer who grew up using his remarkable bench, would tell you that even one extension would fall into the category of what we today call a training wheel.

;-)

Tom

Reply to
tdacon

I did say, "usually". ;-)

A couple of decades ago, I knocked a knife off the bench at work. I instinctively jumped, spread my feet apart and raised my hands above the table. A cow-orker remarked that my reactions "weren't natural". "Everyone else would reach to grab the knife to stop it from falling." Screw the knife, and the floor. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I'm programmed the same. We've already decided what we're going to do.

Reply to
Bill

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

If you make a habit of wearing flip flops, that kind of reaction develops quickly. Drop something on your foot once or twice, and you become much more aware of the effects of gravity. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper