You've got to check out this vase on ebay

You'll never see this at any woodturning symposium. This is not your average turned vase. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 98152088
Imagine how many times a day you'd have to add water to keep the flowers fresh!
Dave
john smith wrote:

Flowers hell! This 'vase' is larger enought to hold an ornamental tree. It's 5' high and 4' in diameter.

Dan Bollinger wrote:

Yeah, but it would leak. What ever happened to quality? ;-)
...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

Consider if he/she used an Oland tool. 5' of overhang (don't give away leverage) say 20' shaft with handle behind the rest and a pair of binoculars mounted off the front of the handle to see what is happening at the tip.
Now that would be some tool.
BillR

That concept doesn't hold water.
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:08:27 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy

Gee, I wonder why there are no bids yet... ;)
How'd you like to pay the price for packaging and insuring that little item for global travel? Eek!
--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done. http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

I know what you mean...and those expenses usually show up RIGHT after you've spent your last $ 150K <g>

Put a high enough price on it and they will come! Amazing what these Aussies can do on a mini-lathe! He cheated though. Notice the "rebar" (structural steel?) holding up one side of it at the bottom.*G*
Leif
Really nice. Based on the starting price, I don't think he/she really wants to sell it.

But if he does, he won't have to work all next year! {:-)
Ken Moon Weberville, TX.

the next twenty years .....mjh

Nah, he'll keep turning until the money runs out. ;)
Ya, I know, old joke. Dan
Dave W wrote:

Yeah - but how much does it cost to post an item for auction if no one bids? Maybe he's getting some cheap advertising.
JLarsson
$4.80 (USD) to list it (plus gallery fees or any other add ons). But if he sold it the fees are over $2000.
Mike
"Measuring almost 5' foot high and 4' foot in diameter, this huge vase is large enough to fit an adult."
It's in the wrong eBay category.
* Home * > All Categories * > Everything Else * > Funeral & Cemetery * > Caskets
In comparison, this one is down right cheap. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category126&item 98153679&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW