You've got to check out this vase on ebay

You'll never see this at any woodturning symposium. This is not your average turned vase.

john smith

Imagine how many times a day you'd have to add water to keep the flowers fresh!

Dave

john smith wrote:

Reply to
David

Flowers hell! This 'vase' is larger enought to hold an ornamental tree. It's 5' high and 4' in diameter.

Reply to
Dan Bollinger

Aussies can do on a mini-lathe! He cheated though. Notice the "rebar" (structural steel?) holding up one side of it at the bottom.*G*

Leif

Reply to
Leif Thorvaldson

Really nice. Based on the starting price, I don't think he/she really wants to sell it.

Reply to
Dave W

That concept doesn't hold water.

Reply to
Robatoy

==========================

But if he does, he won't have to work all next year! {:-)

Ken Moon Weberville, TX.

Reply to
Ken Moon

If he's a woodworker by trade he's even luckier he won't have to work for the next twenty years .....mjh

Reply to
mike hide

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:08:27 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy spake:

Gee, I wonder why there are no bids yet... ;)

How'd you like to pay the price for packaging and insuring that little item for global travel? Eek!

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nah, he'll keep turning until the money runs out. ;)

Ya, I know, old joke. Dan

Reply to
Dan Bollinger

Yeah, but it would leak. What ever happened to quality? ;-)

...Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Miller

Yeah - but how much does it cost to post an item for auction if no one bids? Maybe he's getting some cheap advertising.

JLarsson

Reply to
JLarsson

$4.80 (USD) to list it (plus gallery fees or any other add ons). But if he sold it the fees are over $2000.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Idaho

Consider if he/she used an Oland tool. 5' of overhang (don't give away leverage) say 20' shaft with handle behind the rest and a pair of binoculars mounted off the front of the handle to see what is happening at the tip.

Now that would be some tool.

BillR

Reply to
Bill R

"Measuring almost 5' foot high and 4' foot in diameter, this huge vase is large enough to fit an adult."

It's in the wrong eBay category.

  • Home * > All Categories * > Everything Else * > Funeral & Cemetery * > Caskets
Reply to
Dhakala

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

I know what you mean...and those expenses usually show up RIGHT after you've spent your last $ 150K

Reply to
Robatoy