You know your shop is too small ...

Page 2 of 2
On 5/23/2012 1:04 PM, G.W. Ross wrote:

Not a bad idea ... it was 96 in the shop yesterday afternoon ... we keep the house at 78.
I'll let you know how that flies with the other inmates. ;)
That said, my ideal living arrangement would be a 3000sf+, single span building, with about 1000sf of living space built-out inside (storage above the living space), and the remainder shop.
Best of all possible worlds ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/23/2012 2:14 PM, Swingman wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On May 23, 10:10 pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

OK - we have digressed his original post into "Reminds".
Many years ago we lived in a small two bedroom house in a neighborhood of similar homes. Small garages but some had basements. I had neighbors who rebuilt the basement staircase so it aligned with the garage door; and then built a "T-bucket" roadster in the basement. They spent about four years building what ended up being a pretty nice show-quality car. Half the folks in the neighborhood thought they were nuts, but they had it planned. It was a hobby, labor of love and they did the meticulous stuff in the well-lit heated and cooled basement and then disassembled it, carried sub assemblies up the stairs and put it back together. (the engine was a real bitch - I was interested and involved by then). At that point it took them about a month to reassemble, test and get it on the street.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/24/2012 7:52 AM, RonB wrote:

No problem ...

The first metal shop project in jr high (yep, we had a full metal shop class, complete with metal (Al) casting facility, at 14 years old), was a huge floor standing birdcage for my mother. Turned out too big to fit through the door, so the shop teacher bought it back for scrap and still gave me an A ... figured he was embarrassed that he had not foreseen the problem. That was a lesson I learned early.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/23/2012 8:48 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopSBJ_Desk201102#5745723301938697234
If have found that with getting a bigger the shop, the projects get bigger. The shop never really gets bigger untill you move the lawn mower, wheel barrel, weed eater, yard hand tools, bicycles, etc out.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/24/2012 9:17 AM, Leon wrote:

Leon, as you well know, NONE of that crap is allowed inside my shop and it's still not any bigger! :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/24/2012 9:49 AM, Swingman wrote:

Well there you go then. Had you stored that stuff in your garage and then permanently removed them, you would have more room. LOL HUH?
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/24/2012 11:24 AM, Leon wrote:

Thanks, you're right! When I move all the tools out to the driveway, the shop indeed seems bigger!!
;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/24/2012 1:05 PM, Swingman wrote:

I wonder if you could build a "pop-out", like what an RV or fifth wheel has, to elongate your garage/shop down your driveway? Accordion bellows like. That could be the assembly area. ;~)
Add pictures here
✖
Big concern where I am is that it might be from a brown recluse. They say after the initial pain it doesn't hurt too much -- until it turns black and falls off.

now has a somewhat rectangular red spot about the size of my ring fingernail. There's sort of a hard spot in the skin there. It has me interested.
Add pictures here
✖

I did build a 10' by 20' long tent in front of the garage/shop door to hold the kitchen cabinets before they went to the finisher. 2X4 framing & tarps turned out cheaper than buying one of those portable garages.
Luigi
Add pictures here
✖