You are way off the mark

Page 1 of 3

Below is a list of my tools that was made last year for my insurance company. Together with digital pictures that I had to provide to them of all listed. Since then I have added several items (Christmas and birthday presentes) to my shop. No its not complete, I dont have a dust system or radial arm saw but it will put a bunch of you morons to shame. I am an electrical engineer by trade working in the medical field with a vast intrest in wood working.
A Troll I am not. Porter Cable 7518 Speedmaticฎ 3 1/4 Peak HP Five-Speed Router, in a Jessem Mast-R-Lift and table Porter Cable 891 2 1/4 Peak HP GripVac™ Router Porter Cable corded drill Porter Cable Plate Joiner 556 Porter Cable Quicksand Random-Orbit (5’) Model 333K Powermatic 6” long bed jointer DeWalt DW 521 Plunging router, 6 Piece Cove Pro Bit Set, 1/2" Shank Anti-Kickback Router Bit Set, 20 Piece, 1/2" Brass Router Bushing Set DeWalt 13” two speed planer DW735 with Wixey Digital Planer Height Gauge DeWalt Bench Grinder DW 756 DeWalt cordless 14.4 drill Model DC983KA DeWalt Heavy-Duty 3" X 21" Variable Speed Belt Sander with Inversion Stand & Frame DeWalt Heavy-Duty 6" Right Angle Random Orbit Sander With Electronic Variable Speed Milwaukee magnum 10” compound miter saw, on a Norm Abram table Delta 10 contractors saw/Forrest woodworker II blade with Unifence, Heavy-Duty Tenoning Jig, Merlin Splitter, and A-Line-It System with pals and master plate Delta 10” drill press with Delta Mortising Attachment Kit Jet 14” band saw with a Kreg precision band saw fence, Kreg Micro adjuster, Carter band saw guides, and both Kreg resaw attachments Leigh D4-24 Dovetail Jig, Craftsman laser circular saw Craftsman palm sander JessEm Mite-R-Excel™ Precision Miter Gauge with Dual-Indexing Angle Location Incra Miter gauge V27 Precision angle Starrett 12” Combination square
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@somedomain.com wrote:

Are you waiting for a comment? A suggestion? Are you expecting others to spend the next month inventorying their shops for your amusement?
Dave
Add pictures here
โœ–

I don't understand. Are you saying I should be ashamed because you have spent more on tools than I have? Have you used any of them? Probably not if you haven't seen a need for DC.
But you say you are not a troll. Then what is your point?
Add pictures here
โœ–
Toller said:

Compensation.
Greg G.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Greg G. wrote:

For a small penis?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

โœ–
Mortimer Schnerd, RN said:

That would be one guess... Based upon the tone of the OP, others might be:
For a lack of education. For a lack of skill. For a lack of friends. For a lack of manners. For a lack of a meaningful life.
Greg G.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Hey - I use my tools and I don't have a dust collector, nor do I see the need for one.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

certainly not a drum sander. But if it works for your, great.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Hey, he didn't list a drum sander but I have one. Do I win? Robert Toller wrote:

Add pictures here
โœ–

yes and no...
"He who dies with the most toys.....
...........still dies"
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
โœ–

Yea, but probably had more fun while alive.

โœ–

โœ–

I was luke warm on dust collectors until I bought one. I can not figure out why anyone with power tools does not have one! Greg
Add pictures here
โœ–

I'd probably be writing those same words to someone Greg, if I'd gotten a DC at some earlier point. A lot of guys have echoed something similar. But... here I am - been all these years without one and sawdust and wood chips just seems like a part of woodworking. Not to say there are not times or tools that I would love to have even a shop vac hooked up to - my jointer, my router table, etc. What would I do if I didn't have that pile to sweep up? I mean - what would be the evidence that I've done something??? (Don't say the evidence would be the finished product - there's often a 12 year completion cycle to project started around here...)
A lot of guys make the point about the value of a DC when working with MDF, but that point is somewhat lost on me. I absolutely deplore the stuff and I use it very infrequently. If I used it more often I think I'd hold a more immediate sense of need for a DC just to keep the dust out of the air. That stuff is just nasty - in every respect.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
โœ–

Lack of space at this time but ::crossing fingers, knocking on wood:: the new shop will be started in March in the back yard.
Mark
Add pictures here
โœ–

It looks more like a partial interest in collecting tools. I taught math to people, and some of them became engineers. So what's your point? The question was rhetorical [look it up.]
Add pictures here
โœ–

Some of the biggest idiots I have ever met were sitting next to me in my engineering courses. Of course, maybe he is just talking about driving a train.
Frank
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 05:06:17 +0000, Frank Ketchum wrote:

I've driven a train. No idiots there. Not for long, anyways. First big mistake is too often the last.
They might be total morons as respects other aspects of their lives, but they KNOW how to drive that train. I might also point out that, between classes and practicum, they spend more time training than EE's.
Bill
Add pictures here
โœ–

Actually, a list of tools, even as impressive as yours does nothing to "put a bunch of morons to shame". Nor do your professional credentials or your personal interests. If you ever stood the chance of putting anybody here to shame it sure wouldn't be this way.

The evidence of this has been found lacking.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
โœ–

Someone who has to put up the disclaimer that he is not a troll most certainly is.
Frank
Add pictures here
โœ–