yorkcraft 6" Jointer

Does anyone own a Yorkcraft 6" jointer that may have good or bad things to say about it? At $339, feature for feature, it seems to be good machine. I've compared this to Bridgewood (Also from Wilk Machinery), Grizzley, and the more expensive Jet and Delta. Any feedback would be good to hear before I buy.... thanks!
Shawn
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:37:20 +0000, Shawn wrote:

If you search google groups with "Yorkcraft Ken Dibble" you'll find a mini review of the 8" I did a year ago. My opinions haven't changed. There are comments from 6" owners in that thread, as well.
Good Luck, Ken
Shawn,
I've owned the Yorkcraft 6" for a couple of years. This is my first jointer so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Works great for me. Mine has levers to raise and lower the tables. I think hand wheels are probably a little better. I put a HF mobile base under it. I think the new ones have wheels so there's a savings. I am comfortable recommending it.
Before purchasing it, I contacted Wilke. They offered to pull a unit and measure the table flatness before shipping. I thought that was nice customer service.
Good luck,
Bill Leonhardt