Yogi Berra-isms

A current Aflack commercial has several Yogi-Berra-isms.

In another thread I wrote, "I'm ready to start, but I'm not ready to start..".

Here is another I made up yesterday for use at the barber: "Don't cut my hair short where I don't have hair or I won't have hair where my hair is short... "

Maybe you would like to add your own?

Have fun, Bill

Reply to
Bill

My wife frequently says "usually always"...

Reply to
Doug Miller

I have always liked this one (I hope I get it right!):

That place has become so popular, that people don't go there anymore.

My fond memories of being young was watching the 50's Yankees take the field at their park. Yogi catching, Whitey pitching, Mickey in the outfield. Wow. What a team.

MJ

Reply to
mjmwallace

Howzabout "eat shit and die".

nb

Reply to
notbob

--------------------------------------- "Scooter" at Short, "Snuffy" at 3rd, Bobby Brown at 2nd, Tommy Heinrick and Hank Bauer in the outfield, Ed "The Junkman" Lopat, Vic Rashi and Allie Reynolds on the mound.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I was smart, one time, but I forget when, but I know what I'm talking about. What did you ask?

Sommy

Reply to
Sonny

"When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

Like all Yogiisms, there was truth in what he said. He was describing how to get to his house. The road was a loop, either way...

Hmm, in 1950 I wasn't even a glimmer...

Reply to
krw

How about, "If you write'eat shit and die' then when you die it will be your rite to eat shit"?

or "If you write eat shit then you'll be left to die".

Think out of your box!

Reply to
Bill

notbob, this should help you if you read it through:

woodstuff

or:

Dave Balderstone

You listed -almost- the entire team.

But somehow failed to address the quintissential issue of "Who's on first?"

*GUFFAW*
Reply to
Robert Bonomi

------------------------------- Put Heinrich on 1st, add Gene Woodling in LF and Joe Page in relief.

BTW, the Yankees were the team I hated.

My team was the Indians, especially 1948, the LAST year they won the World series.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Pizza man: "Do you want your pizza cut into six slices or eight?" Yogi: "... Make it six. I don't think I can eat as many as eight."

Reply to
HeyBub

Whadda ya mean you want to go to Uncle Bobby's Steak House? That place is so busy, nobody goes there anymore.

Reply to
Robatoy

it's a big house, but it's got lotsa rooms

Reply to
smandel

Don't go all religious on us now. ;-)

Reply to