Yellow Pine in Wisconsin?

Is anyone from the SE Wisc area and would know where I can get a project's quantity of yellow pine? The person for whom this is going to be created requested the wood, but I'm not having any luck finding some. Barring that, what about reasonable substitutes? I'm not crazy about going with anything softer and I can't think of something that would have a similar appearance. The only thing I can think of is cypress, but I haven't worked with it before. This is for a rustic/country hall tree with bench. Thanks for any thoughts!

Reply to
werlax

Tamarack. You'll probably have to drive north.

Reply to
George

I know BVC Hardwoods (Madison) carries yellow pine. Phone is 608-244-8780.

david

Reply to
David E. Penner

Have you tried Kettle Morraine Hardwood? They have two locations about 20 miles north and south of Milwaukee, respectively.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Kettle Moraine Hardwoods is great, They have Yellow Pine, I saw it there yesterday. Check their website for their locations, I went to the store by 7 mile fair.

Reply to
Nate

Yeah, I've tried KMH. It's the first place I tried since that's the place I go most often. I called up to the place outside of Hartford but was told they didn't have any. I always forget about the South office. My parents even live over there. Heh. Thanks for the reminder. I'll check them out... and the other suggestions too. Thanks all!

Reply to
werlax

I wasn't aware of this place. I'll have to get over there and see what they have. Do they have a store front you can walk into? Just searching the web I also found 'Hanson and Leja'

Anyone familiar with this? Also I've checked Badger Hardwoods down in Walworth. I've never actually shopped there, but have checked their inventory from time to time. Thanks for opening my eyes to other locations all. Mark

Reply to
werlax