Yellow glue - Lee Valley ? $$$$!

Page 2 of 2
Sun, Apr 13, 2008, 2:56am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Lew Hodgett) doth mumble: Good grief, you mean to actually get away from the puter screen and read a book, abet the phone book to do some basic research? In this day and age, that's about the same as asking a 2 year old to give up their pacifier.
Good grief, you don't actually believe any of that do you? Couple of years ago, needed to track down some steel tuping. Called the first place under steel in my local phone book. They didn't have what I wanted, but they gave me a number to call. Two more numbers, and ten minutes later, I had the info I was after, including prices.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Should I?

of years ago, needed to track down some steel tuping. Called the first place under steel in my local phone book. They didn't have what I wanted, but they gave me a number to call. Two more numbers, and ten minutes later, I had the info I was after, including prices.
Basic rule of 3.
Starting from scratch, shold be in the right place on the 3rd call.
One of my favorite questions when I get the "We don't have that" routine is:
"Can you suggest some one who might have it?"
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sun, Apr 13, 2008, 10:36am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Lew Hodgett) doth sayeth: <snip> One of my favorite questions when I get the "We don't have that" routine is: "Can you suggest some one who might have it?"
Likewise.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Chris Friesen wrote:

From Titebond's web site:
"Titebond products are available at fine retailers throughout the United States. For International locations, please e-mail our International Division ( mailto: snipped-for-privacy@FranklinInternational.com ) or call 1-800-877-4583."
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

So am I, although frankly it's not much easier to find stuff local to Calgary via the web.
Chris, I see that Windsor Plywood has Titebond (I, II, and III) in four-litre jugs on their website. No price listed, though. Also, try giving Black Forest Wood (http://www.blackforestwood.com /) a call. They're located in Calgary, and may well have the stuff at a decent price. Friendly bunch, great wood, although their website...isn't the greatest.
Colin
Add pictures here
βœ–
Chris Friesen wrote:

Have you tried Lowes? They have stores in Canada and do mail order as well, so should be a different situation from Woodcraft.
--John
βœ–

Try my friends in London, ON
http://www.cabinetmart.com/wood-glue.html
Add pictures here
βœ–

That was a shameless plug, btw.....
Add pictures here
βœ–

Actually $48 US for 4 liters (135 ounces).
Compared to TB II and TB III it is more expensive, but I like working with the LV glue better. Is it 100% better? I'd have to think about that. I don't buy a gallon at a time.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Edwin Pawlowski wrote: ...

In any way you can articulate why/what is better or "just one of those things" kinda way?
βœ–

Sort of like when your grandmother baked, the dough had to "feel right."
Seems to squeeze out and then spread better/easier. Probably a viscosity thing. Runs were minimal and cleaned up better it they did happen. Plenty of open working time.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Add pictures here
βœ–
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

The high viscosity would of course minimize runs--that's one of the specific points made w/ it.
As noted earlier, it is a pva instead of aliphatic like the yellow glues which could be a reason as well for the difference in feel...
Thanks, was curious as not used it...
βœ–