Yard fence

What are you guys using for yard fences these days ? Went to the borg, and saw PT 'appearance' boards 1x6's for 50 cents a foot. White Cedar is $1.00 a foot or so. (I live in New england). I am building a privacy fence with 5x5 posts. Total fence is about 150 feet.
I hate that PVC stuff. If I did, I wouldn't be posting to a woodworking group !! Thanks.
Us a lot of treated cedar here in Colorado. Stain it with Penafin.

In Houston, I try to sell PT for the posts and rails. Cedar for the Pickets. PT pickets tend to warp badly and shrink a lot.
I have found that PT rails always seem to twist. Can I use regular Hem fir for the rails ?? If so, what should I do to make sure that they last?
Another option was to use rough sawn pine, but I would think that would rot without treating it correctly with a stain or something.

Really? I have not seen any twist that has ever caught my eye. I suspect that you can use anything but the PT is going to weather better in the long run. I see cedar fences put up with cedar posts and rails and they have about 1/2 the life span of a PT post and rail system.